10 Top-Rated Hayward Pool Filters For Sale Online
Are you looking for a great way to improve the quality of your pool’s water?
Wouldn’t it be nice if there was some kind of filter you could install that wouldn’t break within just a year or two?
Do you sometimes feel like a clean pool and an easy to maintain filter are both just a dream?
With a Hayward pool filter system, you can make that dream a reality!
Hayward filters are among some of the most popular in the world of pool products today, and when you buy one, you’re getting a quality product that’s sure to last you a lifetime. In this article, you’ll be briefly introduced to the Hayward company and you’ll be able to learn a few tips to help you know what to look for in your filter.
After that, you’ll find reviews for the top rated pool filters available from the Hayward company. Whether you’re looking for sand, cartridge, or diatomaceous earth filters, you’ll be able to find exactly what you need among the great products available from this excellent company.
Read on to learn more!
SPOILER ALERT... Here are our FAVORITE PICKS:
Last update on 2018-08-14 at 04:55 Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
The Hayward Company
Hayward has been a part of the pool scene for the past 80 years, and this company is still going strong today. They continue to provide excellent customer service and quality products to pool owners who return time and time again to purchase amazing filters, heaters, cleaners and more that are produced by this company.
One of the driving forces behind the Hayward company is its commitment to keeping things as easy as possible for the pool owner. The company understands that you don’t want to deal with a lot of hassle when you’re trying to set up a relaxing part of your backyard. Because of this, they strive to create products that can be easily installed without help and kept up without devoting your entire weekend to cleaning and maintenance.
Best of all, Hayward provides a commitment to products that are built to last. They create their filters and other products from plastic and other materials that are designed not to corrode even when regularly exposed to weather, water, and harsh pool treatment chemicals.
These Hayward pool filters for sale are also designed to work with a variety of different types of pools, so even if you need to buy an additional adapter, the process of making a Hayward product fit your pool will be simple and affordable no matter what.
Whether you’re looking for a cartridge style filter, a sand filter, or a diatomaceous earth filter, Hayward is sure to have a product that’s perfect for your pool. They offer a variety of different filter sizes, types, styles and more to help you get your backyard set up perfectly.
What to Look for When Choosing a Filter
There are a few different qualities most pool owners look for when choosing their filters. In this section, you’ll find out about the top five most common aspects of pool filters to keep in mind while you’re shopping around.
- Volume and pool size – It might go without saying, but you should keep your pool size in mind when you’re shopping for a filter. You want to choose a filter that can handle the appropriate volume of water per cycle for the way you use your pool. If you only keep your pool up during the summer, if you only use it a couple of times a week, or if it’s a very small pool, chances are good you won’t need a very big filter.
- Filter media – The availability of filter media in your area may have some effect on which type of filter you choose, but remember that you can always order your filter media online if you can’t find it locally. Even so, you might want to choose one type of media over another for personal reasons, for cost efficiency, or even just because one type is easier to store than others. Whether you go with cartridges, sand, or DE, you can narrow down your filter selection from there.
- Price – Of course, the cost of your filter always has something to do with which one you end up choosing. In the world of pool filters, you often get what you pay for. If a price seems too good to be true, it’s probably best not to trust it. With that said, however, you also don’t have to expect to pay a small fortune to get a good-quality filter. Don’t be afraid to shop around to find the best value for your money and to determine which filter in your price range has the features you’re looking for.
- Energy efficiency – Some filters are more energy efficient than others. Many times, the efficiency of your filter is a result of its size and its filtration capacity, but this isn’t always the case. A more energy efficient filter can help save you a lot of money on your electric bill every month while your pool is in service. In some parts of the United States, your pool is required by law to have an energy efficient filter installed to help reduce the overuse of electricity and other forms of energy in your area.
- Minimal maintenance – There are some types of pool filters that require longer and more complicated maintenance than others. Cleaning a cartridge filter replacement takes up to two days to complete while backwashing a sand or DE filter only takes about a half hour. However, completely replacing your cartridges doesn’t take any longer than a regular cleaning, while replacing all of your sand or DE can be a few hours’ worth of effort. Decide whether it’s important for you to have minimal maintenance on a regular basis or if you’re looking for a filter that won’t be hard to refill with clean, new media when the time comes.
1. Hayward C1200 Star-Clear Plus 12-Square-Foot Pool Filter
Are you searching for a powerful swimming pool filter that can handle your mid-size to large pool? Would you like something that comes with a lot of options to help you find the right fit for your pool’s needs? With the Hayward C1200 Star-Clear Plus 12-Square-Foot Pool Filter, you can have all that and so much more! This simple and easy-to-use version of Hayward pool cartridge filters comes in one single piece with a molded base that makes it easier than ever to install it and get it set up no matter what type of backyard space you’re working with. Best of all, it comes with several safety features built in so that the lid is always fastened tight and the filter can handle a lot of wear and tear without being damaged.
- This filter is designed to fit most modern pools and it’s very easy to modify and adapt if needed to fit others.
- The filter comes with a cartridge already included, which can save you a little money at startup.
- Although this is a single-cartridge filter, it handles a lot of water and is capable of a lot of filtration, too.
- As you clean the filter, the seal that holds the lid closed will eventually stretch out and need to be replaced with a new one.
- In some instances, this filter has been known to arrive with a seam already starting to split due to a manufacturing error.
- The included plug for draining purposes is not as efficient as the valves that are available on some of the other Hayward filter products.
2. Hayward C3030 325 Square Foot SwimClear Cartridge Filter
The Hayward C3030 325 Square Foot SwimClear Cartridge Filter is one of the most powerful and durable cartridge style swimming pool filters available on the market today. This is the high end of cartridge filters, and it’s often used by commercial swimming pools and those that have a very high turnover rate. When you need to keep your water clean and clear even when there are going to be a lot of people using your pool on any given day, this strong filter is a great choice. Best of all, it comes in a variety of other sizes, so if you need something even larger and more powerful for your pool setup, you’ll never be at a loss when you choose this filter.
- The filter comes with four cartridges to help you get started as soon as you unpack it and get it installed.
- Although this is a very large filter, it’s relatively easy to install even if you don’t have prior plumbing experience.
- It’s very easy to open the filter and remove the cartridges for regular cleaning and maintenance.
- Because this filter requires four cartridges to run at a time instead of just one, it will be a much more expensive endeavor to keep it up and running.
- The internal manifolds that separate the filter cartridges have been known to be faulty in some filters.
- In some rare instances, the seams on the side of the tank have been known to be weak and break easily.
3. Hayward S210T Pro Series 21-Inch Top-Mount Pool Sand Filter
If you’re looking for an excellent first sand filter to help you make the upgrade from cartridge style filtration to something a little more powerful, the Hayward S210T Pro Series 21-Inch Top-Mount Pool Sand Filter is an incredible choice. Although this is a smaller filter than some of the others listed here, it’s large enough to handle most backyard swimming pools with no trouble. It’s available in a few smaller sizes as well, so if your pool setup isn’t very big, you don’t have to worry about buying something much larger than what you need. To top it all off, this strong little Hayward pool sand filter is made of thick, sturdy plastic that can withstand exposure to the elements as well as to swimming pool water without causing any corrosion or damage.
- This is one of the most frequently purchased sand filters on the market today, which makes it an excellent choice for beginners.
- The filter comes with everything you need to get it set up and installed in no time, even if you don’t have a lot of experience installing pool filters.
- This filter comes with an included valve that makes backwashing and other maintenance very quick and simple.
- The filter is a little temperamental, so even if the pressure rises just a little bit, it will shut off until you clean or backwash it.
- The included O-ring may need to be replaced fairly quickly because it’s likely to stretch out and start leaking over time.
- In some instances, the pressure gauge has been known to arrive damaged or missing from the filter box.
4. Hayward S244T ProSeries 24” In-Ground Sand Pool Filter
The Hayward S244T ProSeries 24” In-Ground Sand Pool Filter is one of the best possible filters you can choose to install when you have an in-ground pool in your backyard. Available in three different sizes to help suit your needs, this large sand filter is capable of handling all the unique problems and challenges posed by an in-ground pool without any of the hassles that come along with other, similar filters. This is a durable and strong sand filter that’s designed to handle a lot of water without becoming weakened or damaged. It even comes with a built-in stand to help make placement easier than ever before. When you install this filter, you’ll be able to enjoy all the great benefits of a Hayward product as well as the ease of operation and quick installation that you’ve come to expect from this wonderful brand.
- This is another popular sand filter that’s sure to impress you as well as it has impressed hundreds of other pool owners already.
- This is a very durable and long-lasting filter that should be with you for a minimum of five years if you regularly clean and maintain it.
- The filter comes with a valve to make it easy to backwash and clean the tank as needed.
- Rarely, the filter’s seams may weaken and crack in just a short amount of time.
- The included o-ring has been known to stretch out very quickly after installation.
- The filter has been known to arrive with some of the parts missing, such as the valve and pressure gauge, although the company will ship the missing parts if this does happen.
5. Hayward DE6020 ProGrid 60 Square-Foot Vertical Grid DE Pool Filter
When you’re in the market for one of the biggest and most powerful swimming pool filters you can buy, the Hayward DE6020 ProGrid 60 Square-Foot Vertical Grid DE Pool Filter is here to help. This large filter is designed for use in both backyard pools and in commercial pools, and it’s truly built to last. The tank is built of high-quality plastic that can stand up to years of exposure to the elements outdoors and not become damaged. Every component of this filter is designed to be a part of your backyard pool setup for many years to come. Since it’s a diatomaceous earth filter, you can expect to enjoy a long life out of this filter and plan to have clean, clear, perfectly safe water to swim in every time you use it.
- This filter is designed to work with just about any existing pool setup with little to no additional work.
- This is a very easy to filter to clean and maintain after you get past the initial setup.
- Since it’s such a large filter, it’s capable of handling a very high swimming load.
- This filter does not come with a backwash valve included, and you will need to purchase it before you can operate the filter.
- The filter takes much longer to setup and is a little more complicated than many of the other filters on this list.
- The manifolds and grids inside the filter are easy to find replacements for if anything should happen to the ones you have.
6. Hayward EC40AC Perflex Extended Cycle DE Pool Filter
Many of the diatomaceous earth filters available on the market today are very expensive and may be too pricey for some pool owners’ budgets. However, if you’re looking to give DE filters a try and don’t want to break the bank to do it, the Hayward EC40AC Perflex Extended Cycle DE Pool Filter is an excellent option. This is a great first DE filter that can help you see for yourself just what a difference this type of filtration can really make for your pool. Available in three different sizes, this filter is very easy to match to just about any type of swimming pool setup you might already have in place. With a unique design, it utilizes the same DE several times without having to replace the media, which saves you a lot of money in the long run.
- In the world of DE filters, this is a very affordable product that gets the job done incredibly well.
- The filter doesn’t need to be backwashed at all, and as long as you take care of adding additional DE as needed, maintenance is very quick and easy.
- This is a very lightweight filter that’s easy to install and to work with when needed.
- Because the filter is small, it’s not capable of handling a very large swimming pool or very frequent use.
- You must take care not to over-tighten the seal on the lid, or the plastic will crack.
- This filter is not designed for use with in-ground swimming pools.
7. Hayward EC75A Perflex Pool Filter
If you’re searching for an excellent DE pool filter, check out the Hayward EC75A Perflex Pool Filter. This is a very eco-friendly filter option that won’t cost you a fortune in filter media and won’t be nearly as harmful to the environment as some of the other DE filters available today. Many pool owners are concerned with the amount of DE they wash into the groundwater surrounding their homes, especially since some leaves the tank every time the filter is backwashed. With this filter, however, you can use the same DE over and over again before you have to empty it for regular cleaning. This makes it much more efficient and much safer for the environment and for your groundwater, too.
- The filter is very easy to work with and simple to install even without any prior experience.
- This filter comes with a one-way valve that’s very easy to use when it comes time to clean and maintain it.
- You can pick up the whole filter by the handle and shake away the dirty DE when it’s time to add more to the system.
- The filter’s plastic is not very durable, and it may develop cracks and weak points after just a few uses.
- Depending on the condition of your pool water, this filter has been known to clog very easily and may require extra pool treatment chemicals to function properly.
- The filter may need to be adapted to work with some existing hoses and other parts of your pool setup.
8. Hayward EC65A DE Complete Pool Filter
The Hayward EC65A DE Complete Pool Filter is a small, lightweight, and very powerful 27-square-foot diatomaceous earth pool filter that works great for mid-size backyard swimming pools. You can use this filter with either an above-ground or an in-ground pool, although it is designed for use with permanent above ground pools. When you’re looking for a great filter that’s sure to keep your water incredibly clean no matter how frequently your pool is used, you can’t go wrong with this option. Since it uses diatomaceous earth as its filtration media, it can provide you with years of excellent, clean water and a strong filtration standard that you won’t find in any other type of filter you can buy.
- The filter comes with a durable included pressure gauge as well as all the internal parts to get started right away.
- Since this is a small and lightweight filter, installation is a breeze.
- Regular cleaning and maintenance are very simple with the one-way valve that comes included as part of the main filter tank.
- This filter doesn’t come with the connections needed to hook it up to your existing pump, so you’ll need to purchase these separately.
- In some rare situations, the filter has arrived with some of the internal manifold fingers not installed correctly.
- The plastic that is used in this filter tank is thinner than some of the filters listed here, and it may develop cracks much more easily.
9. Hayward S180T92S Pro Series 19-Inch Top-Mount Sand Filter
Sometimes, you need a sand filter to really get the job done. Sand filters are among the most popular types of swimming pool filters available today, and this is one of the most frequently purchased Hayward brand sand filters you can buy. The Hayward S180T92S Pro Series 19-Inch Top-Mount Sand Filter is part of a powerful system that comes with the appropriate pump and hoses you need to set up the whole thing and get started filtering right away. This system can handle quite a lot of swimming pool volume, and even if you keep your pool running all year long, you’ll be able to enjoy a lot of fun in the sun and clean water, too, when you have this filter as part of your setup.
- Since this is a full Hayward pool filter and pump system, it comes with everything you need to get started right out of the box.
- You should be able to set up this filter system in only about an hour even if you don’t have prior installation experience.
- This is a powerful system that can turn over a lot of water in a fairly short amount of time.
- The included base that comes with the setup is flimsy and may not be strong enough, depending on where you place your filter.
- The included power cord might not be up to code, depending on where you live and the type of outdoor plugs you have.
- The filter lid will leak if it isn’t screwed in exactly the right way.
10. Hayward Pro Series S210T93S 21-Inch Top-Mount Above Ground Pool Sand Filter System
The Hayward Pro Series S210T93S 21-Inch Top-Mount Above Ground Pool Sand Filter System combines all the incredible aspects of one of the best Hayward brand sand filters on the market with the right size pump and proper hoses to get the job done right the first time. Take away all the guesswork of trying to match the right size filter with the correct type of pump when you make this Hayward pool pump and filter setup a part of your backyard pool setup today. This sand filter comes in at a mid-range price, but it’s very affordable for its size and the type of filter as well. Best of all, it’s built of sturdy, durable plastic and designed to last for years before it will need any replacement or cleaning work. You can’t go wrong with this sand filter.
- This Hayward pool pump filter comes with a pump and hoses included to help you get everything set up and ready to go right away.
- You can use this filter with affordable pool sand, or you can use a sand alternative if you prefer.
- The filter is very durable and powerful, and it can move a lot of water through during any given cycle.
- The filter has been known to arrive with some parts missing or damaged during shipment.
- The included instructions may be difficult to follow, although the installation process is still fairly simple.
- The filter doesn’t come with any mounting bolts to connect it to the included base, so you will need to purchase this separately.
There are many incredible Hayward products for you to choose from, and picking the one that works best for your specific needs is largely a matter of figuring out which qualities matter to you the most in your pool products. However, if you’re looking for recommendations, we can make those too! We have two favorite filters from this list that we recommend above all the others.
- Hayward C3030 325 Square Foot SwimClear Cartridge Filter – This is one of the more expensive products on this list, so if you’re looking for a value item this might not be it. However, if you’re only interested in purchasing a product that’s going to give you the best possible filtration while providing the longest lifespan and easiest setup, then this is definitely the filter for you. It’s very large and capable of handling a lot of water at once, and it’s easy to clean, maintain, and repair if anything should happen to it.
- Hayward S210T Pro Series 21-Inch Top-Mount Pool Sand Filter – Our second pick is a better value product that can still give you a lot of incredibly clean water for years to come. This sand filter is a great starter sand option that can help you upgrade from cartridge filters if you choose to. If you’re setting up a pool for the first time, this affordable filter can help you get very clean water and save you plenty of money in the long run on filter media, since it uses sand.
Whichever type of filter you choose to go with and whichever model you select, you can be sure to get a product you won’t need to replace for a long time to come when you go with Hayward. And of course, since Hayward provides a commitment to quality customer service and satisfaction with every product, you’ll be able to access help and troubleshooting assistance from the company no matter what might happen.
The next time you think you’re ready to upgrade your filter, don’t forget about Hayward!