9 of the Best Jacuzzi Filter Cleaner Products For Sale Online
Are you having a hard time finding the Jacuzzi filter cleaner that’s best for your needs?
Do you wish it could be easier for you to compare and contrast some of the best products on the market in terms of cleaning your hot tub filter?
It can be tricky choosing the perfect hot tub filter to suit your specific situation. Each one has its own strengths and weaknesses, and you might find it difficult to negotiate between all of these to find the right filter for your hot tub.
But don’t worry. Once you have finished reading through this article, you’ll be ready to choose the perfect cleaner no matter what type of hot tub you have. You’ll be able to select from between the nine best filters on the market today to find the one that can help you keep your hot tub clean and sparkling at all times.
Best of all, if you still have some questions about hot tub filter cleaning, this article can help you there too. You’ll learn how often to clean your filter as well as the best method of doing so. Pretty soon, you’ll be well versed in everything you need to know to clean your filter easily and correctly every time.
Now it’s time to get started learning.
SPOILER ALERT... Here are our FAVORITE PICKS:
Last update on 2017-12-14 at 08:25 Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
When to Clean Your Jacuzzi Filter
You might think it’s okay to clean your Jacuzzi filter only as frequently as you clean the rest of the hot tub, but this might not always be the case. Clean your filter at the right time in order to avoid potential problems with your hot tub further down the road.
- Every two weeks – Every two weeks, take a peek at the filter and see if it looks like it’s got any large debris caught on it. If so, remove it by hand and you should be good to go until your monthly cleaning. If you notice at this time that the filter looks especially grimy, however, you might want to do a deeper clean instead of waiting any longer.
- Every month – Every month, remove the filter cartridge media from the filter housing unit and rinse it off very well with a garden hose. This should be enough to get all the debris and grime off of the cartridge, but if not, it will be time to do a deeper cleaning. You can also spray it down with filter cleaning solution before rinsing it at this stage in order to extend the life of your filter.
- Every three months – This is when you should plan to do a deep clean regularly. At least four times a year, remove the filter cartridge media and place it in a deep pickle tub or another plastic bucket. Cover it with enough filter cleaning solution to completely submerge the cartridge. Check your solution, however, as it might be a type that is required to be mixed with water first.
- Every year – Most filter cartridges should be replaced every year, although some can last as much as two or even three years, depending on the type of filter and how often you use your hot tub.
How to Clean Your Jacuzzi Filter
It’s very easy to clean your Jacuzzi filter when you follow the steps outlined below. Remember that this whole process doesn’t necessarily need to be completed every time you clean your filter, but it should be done at least every three months, and sometimes as frequently as every month, depending on how often you run your hot tub.
- Turn off the power to your hot tub. This may not mean shutting off the breaker completely, but be sure the hot tub is completely turned off so that the pump won’t run while you’re cleaning the filter.
- Drain the hot tub. You can leave water in the foot bath area if necessary.
- Remove the filter cartridge media from the filter housing unit. Set it aside.
- Rinse it well with a stream of water from your water hose. Do not use any soap or other cleaning material on the filter at this time.
- Allow the filter cartridge to dry before moving on.
- Place the filter cartridge in a large plastic bucket and fill it with cleaning solution until it is completely covered. Note that some solutions will need to be mixed with water. Read the directions on the solution you choose to determine if this is true of yours.
- Let the media soak for at least one hour or up to three, depending on how grimy the filter is.
- Remove it from the solution and rinse it very well with the water hose again. Be careful to remove all traces of the solution before you add the filter back to the hot tub.
- Let the filter dry completely before reinstalling it. If possible, alternate between two filters so you don’t have to have any downtime while waiting for your filter to dry before you can put in a new, clean one.
- When the filter is completely dry, it’s ready to be reinstalled. Put it in the same way you removed it and turn the power back on to your hot tub.
- Refill the hot tub with water. You’re ready to use it again with a clean filter.
Why Does Filter Cleaner Matter?
Filter cleaner is an important part of your hot tub repertoire for a variety of reasons. To begin with, it can help you get a deeper clean than you can get from simply using water alone. If you clean your hot tub filter only with water every time instead of soaking it in a cleaning solution, you won’t be able to remove set-in particles and certain types of sediments and minerals that cling to the filter media over time. You also won’t be able to kill the problem bacteria you need to remove from the water you’ll be soaking in.
It’s also a good idea to use filter cleaner because soap or dishwashing liquid can damage your filter. If you use regular soap, dish soap, or laundry detergent on your filter media it’s more likely to disintegrate and shred quickly. If this type of soap foams up and enters your hot tub, you’ll have to deal with clogged jets and maybe even a broken pump too. Always use a good filter cleaning solution to reduce the risk of problems when cleaning your filter.
1. Nature2 Spa Stick Mineral Sanitizer
The Nature2 Spa Stick Mineral Sanitizer is designed to work much differently than other types of cleaning solutions and sanitizers on the market today. This product works without bromine or chlorine to keep your water clean and healthy at all times. Best of all, since this is a mineral cartridge, it is designed to more or less clean itself while it works. You will not have to worry about harsh cleaning solutions when you replace your filter regularly with this sanitizer stick.
- Designed for use with many of the most popular brands and styles of hot tubs on the market today.
- Easy to use with inflatable spas if you are willing to do a little DIY to attach it.
- Operates without the use of harsh chemicals, which can be great for anyone with sensitive skin.
- Pieces which hold the cartridge into place are prone to snapping and breaking frequently.
- May not work with older model hot tubs or those that are less popular.
- Refill cartridges are pricey and may be difficult to find.
2. SeaKlear Spa System Flush
This easy to use solution made especially for cleaning filters is designed to keep away bacteria as well as unwanted film from in and around your hot tub. The SeaKlear Spa System Flush helps get rid of calcium deposits that cause slick and slippery surfaces, which can, in turn, keep you safe while you use your perfectly clean hot tub. Best of all, it’s very easy to use as part of a regular filter cleaning regime, and you can even use it on the surface of the hot tub as well.
- Perfect for removing scum, grime, and sludge that builds up over time on your filter media and on the surface of your hot tub.
- Great for cleaning out used hot tubs or those that haven’t been in service for a while.
- Works well on jets when kept in regular circulation in your tub water.
- If your hot tub surface is a light color, this product may leave behind a ring.
- The smell of this product may be unpleasant to some individuals.
- Can cause the water to become too foamy when used too frequently or in too high a quantity.
3. Hot Tub Things Instant Cartridge Cleaner
If you are looking for a simple and quick way to effectively remove a lot of unwanted bacteria and build-up in your hot tub, the Hot Tub Things Instant Cartridge Cleaner may be just the answer for you. This chemical-based product is a popular choice for anyone looking to clean a hot tub on a budget. It can be used for regular cleaning as frequently as every month, and it’s perfect for use when it’s time to soak your filter media for a deeper and more thorough clean.
- Designed for use with any type of hot tub or hot tub filter, regardless of brand.
- Comes in a simple spray bottle which makes it easy to spray down your filter cartridge in between deeper cleans.
- Great at removing grime build-up from your filter media.
- Because this is a harsh chemical product, it may be irritating to some individuals’ skin and could cause allergic reactions.
- The spray bottle makes it more difficult to use this product for soaking your filter media when the time comes.
- Does not come in a large container, so several bottles may be required for a deep clean, depending on the size of your cartridge.
4. Spa Kit Hot Tub Jacuzzi Cleaner Supply Blue Wave
The Spa Kit Hot Tub Jacuzzi Cleaner Supply Blue Wave is a large-scale hot tub cleaning system that’s designed to be used as a complete package. It comes packaged with everything you need to clean your filter as well as the rest of your hot tub, all in one convenient set. This is a great solution for anyone who uses the hot tub a lot and will require more frequent deep cleanings, as it can help save you a lot of money in the long run on buying all of these products separately.
- With everything in one convenient package, you don’t have to worry about forgetting any important parts of your cleaning solution ensemble.
- The tablets for the filter cleaning portion of this system are very easy to use and great for soaking during a regular deep clean.
- This system can be used with almost every type of hot tub, regardless of brand.
- If you don’t use your hot tub often, this may be too involved of a cleaning set for you to purchase.
- The cost may be too high if you don’t do deep cleanings as often as other hot tub owners.
- If you already own all of these products and are only looking for the cleaning tablets, you cannot purchase them separately.
5. Jacuzzi T627000 System Clean
The Jacuzzi T627000 System Clean is an easy to use cleaning set designed for use with all Jacuzzi tubs. It’s made to remove debris, grime, soap scum, dirt and other minerals and sediments from your hot tub filter cartridge as well as from the surface of your hot tub. If you have a problem with hard water and frequent calcium deposits in your hot tub, this product is a great solution to help keep your surfaces free from the film that comes along with a hard water issue.
- Works well for use with Jacuzzi jets in keeping grime and build-up from interrupting their normal use.
- Easy to use by simply dropping the packet into the water you plan to clean your filter or hot tub with.
- Affordable in comparison to other, similar products on the market.
- Has a very strong smell of cleaning solution that might be irritating to some more sensitive individuals.
- May take more than one cycle to completely clean the surfaces of your hot tub as well as the filter.
- Not designed for frequent cleaning, but better used for deep cleaning.
6. Whirlout WO06N Jetted Bath Cleaner
Grab a bottle of this Whirlout WO06N Jetted Bath Cleaner and get ready to clean your whole hot tub like never before. This solution is made for use with all of the working parts of your hot tub, so you can use it on your filter cartridge media as well as the other pieces that make up your whole Jacuzzi system. Use it to clean surfaces, inner workings, and any additional parts you might notice getting grimy with extended use. It’s even safe for use with the jets, so you can get rid of that build-up of scum around them while cleaning your filter too.
- This is a strong product that works very well at getting rid of build-up and residue on your filter media.
- Cleans well without leaving any oily rings if you use it on your hot tub surfaces.
- Designed for easy soaking of your filter cartridge media in a short amount of time.
- This product is chemically based, so it might be too strong for anyone with skin allergies or other reasons for avoiding harsh chemicals.
- May not be strong enough to deal with hard water build-up after one use, and may require a second clean to really remove this tough grime.
- Is not designed to remove most bacteria from the hot tub filter, although it does clean debris and dirt well.
7. AquaFinesse Filter Cleaner
If you’re looking for an excellent way to clean your filter media without relying on a cleaner that’s made for the whole hot tub, this AquaFinesse Filter Cleaner is the perfect solution to suit your needs. This cleaner comes in a convenient tablet form that makes it easy to soak your filter cartridge when the time comes. Just drop a tablet in a bucket of water and soak your cartridge for one to three hours in order to remove all the built-up grime, debris, and bacteria that come from the normal use of your hot tub. In just a short amount of time, you’ll have a clean filter ready for use once again.
- This product doesn’t contain any harsh chemicals, which makes it safe to use even for individuals who are sensitive to most chemical ingredients.
- Each tablet is individually wrapped, so you don’t have to worry about storing this in a place where it won’t spill or be concerned with getting it on your hands when you use it.
- This product can be used with any type of hot tub and filter, no matter the brand, size, or type.
- All but the smallest hot tubs will require at least two tablets per use, meaning you’ll have to double up every time you clean.
- Tablets may not dissolve completely on first use and may need to be broken by hand if this happens.
- Tablets may cause a strange aroma from your hot tub during the use immediately following cleaning.
8. Hot Tub Things Spa Cartridge Cleaner
Reach for this bottle of Hot Tub Things Spa Cartridge Cleaner when you want an affordable solution to your hot tub filter cleaning needs. This product is made from deep-cleaning chemicals that work together to remove all the built-up bacteria and residue from your filter cartridge media. Use it as a part of your regular deep cleanings to keep your filter clean and functioning properly for a long time to come.
- This product is made to be used with just about any type of hot tub you might have, regardless of brand.
- This is an affordable bottle of cleaning liquid that comes in a large size, making it a good option for hot tub owners on a budget.
- This is one of the only hot tub filter cleaning products that’s able to remove oils from the filter very well.
- This product is too harsh for regular light cleaning usage and should be avoided until time to deep clean your filter media.
- Because this is a chemical product, you might notice some damage to your skin or the surface of your hot tub if you aren’t diligent in washing it completely from the filter before use.
- This product cannot be used on the surface or inner workings of your hot tub, and it isn’t recommended for use with the jets.
9. Leisure Time O Filter Clean Cartridge Cleaner
Choose the Leisure Time O Filter Clean Cartridge Cleaner for a product that’s sure to give you the deep clean you’re looking for in your filter. This product has been around for a long time and continually provides excellent items to hot tub owners looking to keep their spas as clean as possible. It can be used with hot tubs containing cartridge filters as well as other types of filters, so no matter what you’re looking to clean, you can take care of it with this cleaner.
- Designed for both soaking and rinsing, making this a great all-around product for your hot tub filter cleaning needs.
- Works along with any type of sanitizer you might have installed in your hot tub.
- May be used as an overnight soaking cleaner for really dirty filters.
- This product may take a few cleaning cycles to work on very dirty filters.
- The product is not able to completely remove stains from filter media material, although bacteria and dirt will al ways be removed.
- This is an expensive product that may be too pricey for some hot tub owners on a budget.
There are many excellent filter cleaning solutions for you to choose from, and each one brings its own strengths and weaknesses to your hot tub. Depending on your needs, the size of your hot tub, the brand you’re working with, and more, you might want to choose a specific type of cleaner over another one to work best for you.
Whichever hot tub cleaner you choose, be sure to follow the directions earlier in the article to clean your filter properly every time. Pay close attention to how often you’re cleaning the filter, and remember to change it every year to two years as well. You will have a sparkling clean hot tub with safe, clear water at all times when you follow these simple tips and choose one of these great cleaners.