19 Great Pool Filter Replacement Cartridges You Need to Check Out
Are you getting frustrated with the cartridge media you have in your cartridge filter?
Do you find yourself wishing there was a better option out there for you?
Does it seem like a challenge just to find a cartridge filter replacement for your filter system at all?
When you’re having trouble finding a replacement cartridge for pool filter use or you just want to find out if there’s a better quality product out there that can work for you, this article is here to help.
Below, you’ll get a quick crash course in pool filter replacement cartridges to help you learn a little bit more about what you’re working with. You’ll find out which pools can work best with this type of filter, and you’ll find out more about what to look for when you go shopping.
From there, you’ll be introduced to several of the best cartridge replacements you can purchase. You can use this list to help you narrow down your choices based on price, size, brand name, and much more.
By the time you get through reading this article, you’ll be ready to purchase the best cartridge replacements to keep your pool crystal clear for many years to come!
So let’s get started!
Before you go shopping, it’s a good idea to understand as much as you can about what you’re shopping for. While replacement cartridge filters for swimming pools aren’t a very complicated product, there is still a little bit of a learning curve for new pool owners or anyone who hasn’t looked much into how these filters really work. In this section, we’ll explore a little bit about what cartridge filters are, how they work, and how your replacement media can make a big difference in the overall functionality of your pool filter.
What are they?
Swimming pool cartridge filters replacement options are part of a larger cartridge filter system. This system includes a filter tank, filter media, and filter pump, as well as a lot of hoses and connectors that hook it all up together and attach it to your swimming pool.
This system is designed to filter your water and make sure it’s clean by the time it makes its way into your pool. Cartridge filter replacements are the filter media that catches the contaminants in the water as it passes through the complete system.
These cartridges are usually made of pleated fabric or paper that is attached to plastic end caps via strong threading. The more pleats that are present in the cartridge, the more surface area that cartridge has to come into contact with the water. When a cartridge has a lot of pleats, it’s likely to filter your water a little bit better than a cartridge that has wider pleating.
How do they work?
A cartridge filter system works by pumping water from your swimming pool through the filter media and then back into the pool. Usually, there’s a prefilter or strainer basket present that catches larger debris before your water hits the cartridge filter.
Once it comes into contact with the paper or fabric of your cartridge media, that media grabs hold of the sediment, bacteria, and other contaminants present within the water itself. The water that moves through the other side and circulates back into your pool is sparkling clean and safe for swimming.
Every week or so, you’ll need to remove the cartridge filter in your filter tank and rinse it off with your garden hose to make sure you get rid of all the gunk it’s collected over the past several days. Every now and then, usually once a month, you’ll need to soak it in a cleaning solution or in a mixture of water and dish detergent to remove any built-up contaminants that might be stuck on.
When you need to soak your filter, you can use a second filter to go ahead and get your pool ready to use again while the first one gets cleaned and dried. This way, you won’t have to worry about any downtime while you’re working on cleaning your filter. A two-cartridge system is an option many pool owners choose to work with.
What pools work best with cartridge filters?
Cartridge filters can do their job best when used with either a pop-up backyard pool or an above-ground pool of just about any size or shape. There’s no such thing as a pool that’s too small for a cartridge filter, and most above-ground pools aren’t going to be too large for one either.
Most of the time, in-ground pools require more filtration than a cartridge filter can provide. This is why above ground pool filter cartridge replacement media is so common. However, it’s not impossible to use one of these filters with an in-ground pool, but it will take some research to find the one that’s right for you.
There are a few different types of cartridge filters, and they fall into one of five categories: A, B, C, D, and A/C. A/C filters can use either A or C cartridges, although there’s a very slight difference in their measurements that may cause complications in some filters.
As long as you have a pop-up or above-ground swimming pool, you should be able to use a cartridge filter with no trouble. And if you already have a cartridge filter as part of your pool system, all you need to do is figure out which type you have to help narrow down your choices before you ever go shopping.
How can I choose a good replacement cartridge filter?
There are a lot of factors you should consider when choosing the right replacement cartridge for your filter. It’s always important to know which size and type of filter replacement you need to shop for, but within those parameters, there are many subtle differences.
Think about what you like most about your current filter, and consider what might frustrate you about it. Choose whether you want to invest in a cartridge that won’t need to be cleaned as frequently or if you’d rather save money by compromising on the amount of time you’ll have to spend maintaining the filter. Also, decide whether or not you want to stick to a brand name such as a Hayward pool filter cartridge replacement or if you want to choose an off-brand that might be a little cheaper.
Working with a brand-name product means you’ll be able to get a lot of great customer service, but sometimes, an off-brand cartridge can give you just as much support without the expense that comes with a popular name. In the end, the right filter cartridge for you will be one that fits your pool, works with your budget, and provides all the features you’re looking for in a cartridge.
In this portion of the article, we’ll show you many of the best choices on the market in the world of cartridge filter replacements. You’ll be able to look at them based on brand name, price, and pros and cons, and you’ll have no trouble figuring out which ones are the best for your needs. Take your time window shopping and don’t be afraid to look more into any of these cartridge replacements you might be interested in. Clean swimming pool water is only a purchase away!
1. Coleman Type III A/C Pool Filter Pump Replacement Cartridge 6-Pack
The Coleman Type III A/C Pool Filter Pump Replacement Cartridge 6-Pack is a very low-cost way to bring home plenty of filters to keep your pool in good working order all pool season long—and probably even longer! These durable filters can easily be rinsed, soaked, and used, again and again, to provide you with ample filtration and perfectly crystal clear pool water no matter how murky your water might have previously been. Store them in a safe place and keep them handy for next time pool season rolls around. You’ll have plenty to keep on standby when you take care of these cartridges with regular maintenance.
- This low-cost product comes in a six-pack, which can save you a ton of money in the long run on cartridge replacements.
- This cartridge replacement is interchangeable with many types of Intex and other common brand name filters.
- You can use these cartridges along with saltwater filters, ozone filters, and microfilters if you choose to do so.
- These cartridges can be difficult to get into place in your filter without some effort.
- The filter media is not as durable as it is on some other products, and the cartridges may need to be replaced more frequently when you choose this option.
- The plastic end caps on these cartridges may become brittle and break over time with exposure to pool chemicals.
2. FIT: Pool/Spa 2 Pack Unicel C-4950 Pleatco PRB50-IN FC-2390
If you’re searching for a low-cost off-brand alternative to some of the big name pool filter cartridges out there, the FIT: Pool/Spa 2 Pack Unicel C-4950 Pleatco PRB50-IN FC-2390 replacement filter is a great choice to go with. These cartridges are designed to be used with many of the most common types of backyard above-ground pool filters that are available today, and chances are good you can use one as part of your pool setup. They can be used with any C or A/C size filter, and they may be interchangeable with some A type filters as well, depending on the size of your existing cartridge media. Choose these affordable filters to help keep you well supplied for many months to come.
- These are sturdy filters that give plenty of durability despite not being a brand-name product.
- These cartridges can be used in spas as well as in swimming pools for maximum filtration.
- These are a great upgrade from most default cartridge media that come with many of the most popular filters on the market today.
- It may be difficult to get a good seal with these filters, as they tend to have a looser fit than some others listed here.
- The cartridges don’t come with a built-in basket for a chlorine tablet like some others do.
- These cartridges are an off-brand, which may be a problem for some pool owners depending on preferences.
3. Hayward CX1750RE Replacement Cartridge Element
If you have a Hayward Star Clear Plus cartridge filter as part of your pool setup, chances are good you’re looking for a durable filter cartridge that can match the power and durability that you’ve come to expect from your quality Hayward product. When it comes to choosing the right cartridge replacement for your impressive filter, your best bet is to stick with the name-brand product that goes with it. The Hayward CS1750RE Replacement Cartridge Element is a hefty nine-pound cartridge that’s sure to last you for several years with regular cleaning and maintenance. This filter cartridge is made from some of the most durable material possible and heavily reinforced for maximum filtration and lifespan.
- This product comes from the Hayward company, which makes it very high-quality and means that it’s backed by great customer service.
- It’s very easy to create a tight seal with these cartridges as long as you don’t mind applying a little effort to push them into place.
- This filter features a lot of pleating and very durable reinforced stitching to hold everything in place.
- This is a very expensive filter cartridge replacement and is, in fact, one of the most expensive on this list.
- It can be very difficult to remove this filter when it’s time to clean or replace it due to its tight seal.
- If you use a lot of pool treatment chemicals, you may need to check this cartridge more often than otherwise, just to be sure it isn’t wearing down due to this exposure.
4. Hayward CX1200RE Replacement Filter Cartridge
With the Hayward CS1200RE Replacement Filter Cartridge, you’ll have enough pleats to filter your water as well as some sand and DE filters! This filter cartridge comes with 172 pleats built right in, which means you have a lot more area and tons more filter media to work with when it comes to removing contaminants from your water. This is a durable cartridge filter replacement that includes several reinforcements to make sure the media itself stays in place and doesn’t collapse. You’re sure to enjoy the quality swimming experience you can get from this Hayward product.
- This cartridge filter can be used along with microfilters, saltwater filters, and ozone filters with no trouble.
- This cartridge can stand up to a lot of use with harsh pool treatment chemicals and take no damage from them.
- It’s easy to rinse off these cartridges and use them again and again.
- The plastic end caps on this cartridge filter have been known to develop stress fractures in a short amount of time.
- In some instances, the filter media has arrived torn or otherwise damaged.
- This product is not capable of producing as tight of a seal as some of the other cartridges listed here.
5. Intex 59905E Type B Pool Filter Cartridge
Intex is a trusted brand name in the world of pool cartridge filters, and the Intex 59905E Type B Pool Filter Cartridge is a great way to provide your pool with plenty of filtered, clean water to last the whole season. This filter cartridge comes in a six-pack that makes cleaning and maintaining your filter very simple and easy. Best of all, this is a durable and well-designed product that’s built from high-quality materials that can withstand use time and time again. This means that you can easily clean and reuse this filter cartridge several times before you’ll need to break into your storage and get out a new one.
- This is a low-cost alternative to some of the other type B pool filters on the market today.
- These cartridges are interchangeable with many Intex brand products as well as several others, too.
- It’s very easy to install and remove these cartridges when the time comes to clean them.
- These cartridges don’t have nearly as many pleats as some of the others listed here do, which means less filtration overall.
- You may need to rinse these cartridges every few days to keep them from clogging.
- Storing these cartridges has been known to cause them to weaken and crack over time.
6. Intex Type A Filter Cartridge for Pools Twin Pack
It doesn’t get much more affordable than this Intex Type A Filter Cartridge for Pools Twin Pack. This set of two Intex brand filters is built to last and designed with all the great quality assurance you can expect from Intex products. The paper portion of this filter cartridge is easy to clean and use again and again, and with this two-pack, you should be able to get well into your pool season and maybe even all the way through it without having to make another filtration purchase. You can’t go wrong with this affordable set of filters to get you started right.
- These are the most affordable filter cartridge replacements on our list, and sure to fit into any budget.
- It’s easy to remove these filters and rinse them off for several uses before they’ll need to be discarded.
- These cartridges are great for use with any type of additional filtration, including microfilters and ozone filters.
- These cartridges are not as durable as some others listed here, and they may collapse on themselves quickly.
- There is no chlorine tab basket on the inside of this cartridge’s core.
- You may need to rinse off these filters much more frequently than you would some of the others on this list.
7. Intex Filter Cartridge Type A Replacement Type A and C Pool Filters
When you need a lot of filter cartridges at a great low cost, look no further than this incredible twelve-pack of Intex Filter Cartridge Type A Replacement Type A and C Pool Filters. These cartridges are universal for both A and C filters, which means they’re technically the A/C type. You can easily use them with all sorts of filter models, whether your filter comes from Intex or from another company altogether. With this set of filter cartridges to help you keep your pool water clean and fresh, you won’t have to purchase any more extra cartridges for a long time to come.
- This 12-pack of filters comes with each cartridge individually wrapped to help you store them safely and effectively for as long as necessary.
- These cartridges can be used and cleaned several times before you’ll need to worry about replacing them.
- This is a very affordable deal that can save you tons of money when you purchase these cartridges in bulk.
- If you aren’t careful when removing the cartridge, you run the risk of tearing the filter media.
- These cartridges don’t have the internal basket necessary for holding a chlorine tab.
- The filter media isn’t reinforced on these cartridges and may pull apart from the end caps over time with extended use.
8. Intex Type B Filter Cartridge for Pools
Do you have a pool filter that has a difficult size cartridge to match? If so the Intex Type B Filter Cartridge for Pools may be the perfect fit for you. This affordable little filter is built out of lightweight PVC plastic that’s resistant to staining, corrosion, and bacteria, and it’s designed with plenty of pleats to get the filtration job done right. Best of all, it’s interchangeable with filters from several different product number lines, including 56633, 56634, 56621, 56622, 56611, and 56612.
- This is one of the most affordable filters on our list and should be able to fit into just about any pool owner’s budget easily.
- Many pool owners use these filters over and over again with just a simple, quick cleaning in between each use.
- This is a real Intex brand cartridge that works great with most of Intex’s popular filter products.
- The cartridge is not great for use in a pool with a lot of algae, as the algae will stick to the pleats and be very difficult to remove.
- It can be hard to clean this filter well without taking a little extra time to separate all the pleats by hand and spray between them.
- This cartridge doesn’t have space in the interior for a chlorine tab.
9. Intex Pool Easy Set Type B Replacement Filter Pump Cartridge 6 Pack
Intex brand products are common in the world of pool filters and other pool items, and the Intex Pool Easy Set Type B Replacement Filter Pump Cartridge 6 Pack is one of the many great items they offer to make your pool experience that much easier. This filter cartridge is meant for use with any filter that can take the traditional Intex 59905 size B cartridges, which can be a difficult size to match. This is traditionally used with slightly older filters, but some newer models may take this type of cartridge as well.
- This is an affordable way to stock up on plenty of cartridges to help you get through the next pool season.
- You can use these filters in conjunction with many types of pool treatment chemicals with no trouble.
- These are very easy to put in place and to remove when the time comes to clean them.
- If you have a pool that suffers from algae or very hard water, you may not get much life out of these filters, as you’ll need to clean them many more times than you would otherwise.
- These filters don’t have as many pleats as some of their counterparts do.
- There’s no reinforcement to keep the filter media in place on these cartridges, and as such, the media may pull apart from the end caps over time or collapse in on itself.
10. Pleatco PA106-PAK4 Replacement Cartridge for Hayward SwimClear Pack of 4
With the Pleatco PA106-PAK4 Replacement Cartridge for Hayward SwimClear Pack of 4, you’ll be able to purchase a lot of incredible filters at a reduced price that’s sure to make you and your pool both incredibly happy. These filters are designed from durable but lightweight ABS plastic that can stand up to a lot of wear and tear over the years, and they’re great for removing, cleaning, and using again and again over the months your pool is in operation. Install one today and get ready to enjoy a clean and clear pool that you’ll want to swim in every day.
- These cartridges include quilted filter media, which provides plenty of extra filtration, unlike any cartridges you’ve likely seen before.
- It’s very easy to remove these cartridges, rinse them off, and use them over and over again for a long time with no damage or wear and tear.
- You can use these cartridges on above-ground filters as well as in-ground ones equally well.
- This set of filter cartridges is a lot more expensive than some of the others listed here and may be over your budget.
- In some cases, the end caps have been known to arrive cracked or damaged due to shipping or storage.
- These filter cartridges may take a little elbow grease to get into place, especially the first time you install them.
11. Pleatco PRB35-IN Replacement Cartridge for Dynamic Series IV
The Pleatco PRB35-IN Replacement Cartridge for Dynamic Series IV filter is available either as a single cartridge or as a two-pack to make your shopping that much easier. This unique filter size can be a little difficult to find sometimes, so this affordable product is sure to help solve all your filtration needs. Keep a few handy for easy access when it comes time to clean and switch cartridges in your filter, and you won’t have to worry about losing any precious swimming time during the hotter months.
- You can purchase this cartridge on its own or stock up with a two-pack or a four-pack to help you get through the whole summer.
- These cartridges are built of durable ABS plastic that features an antimicrobial design as well as reinforced pleating material.
- You can use these cartridges with either a swimming pool or a hot tub—or purchase a pack of two and use them for both!
- With lots of cleaning and regular maintenance, the filter media may weaken and tear over time.
- Using these filters with pool treatment chemicals may cause them to become damaged more easily.
- The end cap plastic may become brittle and crack, especially when these cartridges aren’t stored properly.
12. Pool/Spa Filter Cartridge Pleatco PRB25-IN
If you find yourself wishing you could locate a great universal cartridge that works with filters that can take the Unicel C-4326 or the Filbur FC-2375 models, this Pool/Sap Filter Cartridge Pleatco PRB25-IN is the perfect solution for you. Made by the Pleatco company, which is a well-known name in the world of pool filters, this great cartridge style filter is available either as a single item or as a two-pack to help save you a little extra money. Either way, this is a great low-cost filter that can keep your pool water clean for a long time to come.
- This cartridge comes from the well-known Pleatco company, which is a popular brand name in the world of filter cartridges.
- The material in this cartridge is quilted for even better filtration than ever before.
- This cartridge features reinforced pleating that will keep everything in place and functioning for a long while.
- When exposed to a lot of pool treatment chemicals, the plastic on the filter end caps may break very quickly.
- It may be difficult to get this cartridge to fit properly without making some adjustments.
- This cartridge may not form a tight enough seal to keep your filter from leaking slightly in some instances.
13. Pleatco PCC130-PAK4 Replacement Cartridge for Pentair Clean and Clear Plus
The Pleatco PCC130-PAK4 Replacement Cartridge for Pentair Clean and Clear Plus is an incredible product that’s sure to keep your pool water sparkling for years to come. Install one and use the remaining three in this four-pack to alternate between. Doing this will increase the life of all of your filters and keep you from having any pool downtime in between cleanings.
- This is a four-pack, which means you’ll have plenty of filters to last you for a long time to come when you purchase it.
- This is a difficult to find filter size that’s much taller than many others on the market, so this product can help you keep your filter well-stocked with cartridges for a while.
- These large cartridges have lots of pleating as well as durable reinforcements to hold it all in place.
- This is an expensive set of filter replacements, so it might be over budget for some.
- Over time, the end caps may crack on these cartridges.
- In rare instances, damages may occur during shipping and your product may arrive torn.
14. Pleatco PRB50-IN Spa Pool Filter
For a great, affordable alternative to many of the other filters on the market, the Pleatco PRB50-IN Spa Pool Filter is the way to go. This cartridge is designed for use with many types of filters, and pool and spa owners alike get plenty of use out of these filter replacements every time pool season rolls around.
- This is a very low-cost filter that’s much cheaper than some of the others listed here.
- The cartridge has antimicrobial end caps that keep your water cleaner than ever before.
- This cartridge is built from durable materials that are resistant to corrosion as well as to weakening due to exposure to pool treatment chemicals.
- This cartridge only features one cord to hold the media in place, where some others include several for maximum reinforcement.
- These cartridges have been known to arrive with damage during shipping on several occasions.
- The end caps can become brittle when storing during the off-season and may crack easily when installed.
15. Pleatco PA175 Replacement Cartridge for Hayward Star-Clear Plus
The Pleatco PA175 Replacement Cartridge for Hayward Star-Clear Plus is a powerful and durable cartridge filter replacement piece that’s perfect for use with many different types of filters. This cartridge is large enough to handle all sorts of contaminants and pleated enough to deal with even the dirtiest of pool water in a snap.
- The filter has lots of pleats, which means it has a much larger filtration area than some other options listed here.
- This cartridge includes several cords to reinforce the pleating and hold it in place.
- The cartridge is universally used for many different filters without needing to be adapted to different sizes at all.
- The filter media is thinner in these cartridges than in some others and may tear easily.
- The plastic end caps have been known to flake off into the water over time.
- It may be difficult to put these cartridges in place in your filter without some effort.
16. Pleatco PAP100-4 Replacement Cartridge for Predator 100
With the Pleatco PAP100-4 Replacement Cartridge for Predator 100, you’ll have fresh, clean pool water every time you go swimming all summer long. This is a powerful filter cartridge that is frequently used by pool owners who live in warm climates and keep their pool up and running all year long.
- You can use this filter media along with any pool treatment chemicals or microfilters with no trouble.
- This cartridge can filter even the finest of debris, such as pollen, with no trouble.
- It’s easy to keep this filter clean during regular maintenance with just a simple garden hose.
- This cartridge has been known to collapse under the pressure of clogs every now and then.
- The filter media can potentially tear fairly quickly without proper maintenance.
- It can be difficult to snap these cartridges into place in certain filters.
17. Pleatco PCC80-PAK4 Replacement Cartridge for Pentair Clean and Clear Plus
Choose the Pleatco PCC80-PAK4 replacement Cartridge for Pentair Clean and Clear Plus when you’re having trouble finding this large sized pool filter from any other company. This filter comes with three durable cords to hold the pleats in place and is reinforced for maximum lifespan.
- The Pelatco company is well-known and recognized as a great alternative to many other filter brands.
- You shouldn’t have to clean these cartridges as often as some others due to their extra-pleated design.
- The filters are good at keeping the pressure correct in your filter tank.
- This is one of the most expensive replacement filters listed here.
- You may need to use some silicone lubricant to get this cartridge in place in your filter.
- Removing the cartridge can be difficult due to its tight seal.
18. Pleatco PA120 Replacement Cartridge for Hayward Star-Clear Plus
The Pleatco PA120 Replacement Cartridge for Hayward Star-Clear Plus is a powerful cartridge filter that’s sure to put a smile on your face from the moment you install it. This filter features an antimicrobial end cap design and plenty of extra pleats to make sure you’re getting the cleanest water possible at all times.
- This cartridge is great for use with several different filters in the same size range.
- The filter is wrapped tightly with four durable cords to help hold the pleats in place.
- This filter has been known to last up to two years with proper cleaning.
- The cartridge doesn’t include a basket inside the core for your chlorine tablets.
- Because of the extra pleats, clogging may be an issue with this filter.
- This is an expensive filter that costs much more than some other options.
19. Pleatco PA90 Replacement Cartridge for Hayward Star-Clear Plus
If you’re searching for a high-quality cartridge replacement for your Hayward Star-Clear Plus and Pentair Sta-Rite PXC-95 filters, this is a great solution for you. Pick one of these cartridges up today and get ready to experience even cleaner water than ever before.
- The filter cartridge is great at keeping the pressure in your filter tank low and safe.
- The pleats in this filter are fine enough to remove even the finest of dirt and debris.
- With this cartridge in place, it only takes a single cycle to clear up most dirty pool water.
- This can be a pricey product, especially for the cost of a single filter.
- The filter media is not as durable as it is on some other cartridges and may tear over time.
- This filter may need to be cleaned frequently due to its extra pleating.
20. Pleatco PAP150-4 Replacement Cartridge for Predator 150
The Pleatco PAP150-4 Replacement Cartridge for Predator 150 is an excellent choice when you’re looking for a durable filter that will last for a long time to come. Some pool owners have even reported getting two years of use out of this filter with regular cleaning, so why not give it a try and see for yourself how great the quality is?
- The end caps on this filter are antimicrobial and designed to resist bacteria.
- The pleats on this filter are held together by nylon as opposed to the paper that is used in many other filters.
- The filter is designed to hold up to a lot of use as well as many cleanings with no trouble.
- This is a very expensive replacement filter that may be well over budget for some pool owners.
- In rare instances, the filter media has been known to get clogged or collapse after a few months.
- This cartridge may be too large for some filters, even if they take the same type.
21. Type D Pool Filter Cartridges 2-Pack
With this Type D Pool Filter Cartridges 2-Pack, you can easily match even the difficult to find D size pool filter cartridge at a very low cost. Purchase this item in bulk and save yourself even more money over time, or just pick up a set of two to help get you through the next big pool season.
- This is a very low-cost product that comes in well under most budgets.
- These filters are easy to install and remove as needed.
- The filter media can withstand a lot of regular cleaning with no trouble.
- This is not a name-brand product, so some buyers may not be interested in trying it.
- The pleating on these filters is not very tight, so they don’t provide as much filtration as some others might.
- These filters may become clogged and damaged more quickly than some of the others listed here.
22. Unicel C-8412 Replacement Filter Cartridge for 120 Square Foot Hayward
With the Unicel C-8412 Replacement Filter Cartridge for 120 Square Foot Hayward as part of your pool repertoire, you’ll never again have to worry about how clean your water really is. This cartridge replacement is an excellent alternative to the default Hayward CX1200RE and the Waterway Pro Clean 125 both.
- This is a hard-to-find replacement filter cartridge for a reasonable price.
- This cartridge features lots of extra pleating for added filtration.
- This is a great universal size for several different types of filters.
- You may need to use a prefilter or skimmer basket to make sure you get larger debris before it hits this filter.
- This filter may be difficult to clean well because of the extra pleats.
- The filter media may not be able to withstand exposure to lots of harsh chemicals.
23. Unicel C-8409 Replacement Filter Cartridge for 90 Square Foot Hayward
The Unicel C-8409 Replacement Filter Cartridge for 90 Square Foot Hayward filters is an excellent way to give yourself plenty of great filtration for a long time to come. With lots of pleats and tons of reinforcement, it’s built to last and sure to catch even the more troublesome contaminants.
- With proper cleaning, these filters will easily last for up to a year each.
- There are enough pleats on this filter to catch all sorts of contaminants with ease.
- Unicel brand products are known for being very high-quality and comparable to Hayward itself.
- These are expensive and may be over your budget.
- In some instances, the plastic end caps have broken more quickly than the filter has worn out.
- These filters may be difficult to rinse well due to all their pleating.
We’ve only scratched the surface of what’s available for you to choose from when you go shopping for cartridge filter replacements. Keep in mind, however, that the products we’ve listed above represent the best options on the market, and when you pick one of them, you’re sure to enjoy a high-quality cartridge that will last you for a long time to come.
No matter which aspects of your filter replacements are most important to you, you should be able to find something that works for your pool setup among the products listed above. Decide based on brand name, price, materials, or reviews, or choose something you like the looks of for some other reason altogether.
When you pick from the list above, you’re sure to be happy with what you choose. Get ready to enjoy a comfortable summer and a great time swimming in clean water all season long.