35 Great Replacement Parts for Your Pool Filter System
Do you have a swimming pool in your backyard?
Are you finding it difficult to find replacement pieces for your pool when your system suffers some damage?
Are the small pieces that make up your pool filter proving difficult to replace easily?
In this article, we’ll walk you through replacement pieces for many different elements of your pool filter system.
By the time you’ve finished reading, you’ll be a pro at choosing the right type of replacement parts for your filter no matter which pieces might be broken or damaged. You’ll also understand more about which parts you need to keep an eye on in the future and replace before they become too worn out.
Read on to learn everything you need to know about replacing pieces of your filter system!
Elements of a Filter System
There are many different parts that make up your filter system, and understanding which ones are more likely to break than others can help you be prepared for anything that might come your way.
- Filter Pump – This part includes a motor and is the part of your pool that pushes water through the filter. If it breaks, the whole filter system will stop working until you replace it.
- Filter Basket – This part goes inside your strainer and is used for catching large pieces of debris. It breaks every few years, but many pool owners don’t think about replacing it until it’s too late.
- Air Relief Valve – The air relief valve helps you clean and backwash your filter without raising the pressure dangerously high. It can break from extended use.
- Backwash Valve – Sand and DE filters have backwash and multiport valves that are required for proper filter operation. If yours breaks, you can’t use your filter without it.
- Pressure Gauge – This gauge breaks very easily because of its glass lid. You need to replace it in order to maintain the right pressure in your filter tank.
- Hose – Hoses often develop holes and cracks, so be sure to examine yours frequently and replace them to stop leaks.
- Filter Tank – This is the housing unit for your filter media. Keep it replaced when it cracks to prevent major leaks of air or water.
Swimming Pool Filter Pump Motors
When your pump motor goes out, the whole filter system is going to suffer. Below are some of the best pump motor replacement parts on the market for a variety of different brands, models, and filter sizes. No matter what type of filter you’re setting up or improving, we’ve got the right pump for you.
1. Hayward SP2610XP Super Pump 1.5-HP Max-Rated Single-Speed Pool Pump
The Hayward SP2610XP Super Pump 1.5-HP Max-Rated Single-Speed Pool Pump is an excellent way to make sure your swimming pool is getting all the filtration it needs and then some. This pump is one of the most popular options on the market today, and it perfectly treads the line between cost and quality, making sure to provide you with the most bang for your buck. With a large strainer basket and a see-through lid to make it easy to tell when it’s time to clean the pump, this easy-to-install part of your pool setup is sure to last you for several years to come.
- The lid for this filter pump features a unique design that makes it easy to remove it without the need for tools or replacement O-rings.
- These Hayward pool filter parts are made by the Hayward company, so if you have any troubles, you can expect quality customer service to help you solve them.
- This pump is very easy to install without any additional help.
- This is the most expensive filter pump on our list, and may be over budget for some pool owners.
- You may need to install new pipes or adapters to make this pump fit your existing pool hardware.
- You may need to replace the bearings inside the pump every couple of years to keep it up and running smoothly.
2. Pentair 340039 SuperFlo High Performance Single Speed Pool Pump
Are you searching for a great filter pump that comes in a variety of different sizes and strengths to help you find the perfect fit for your pool? If so, the Pentair 340039 SuperFlo High Performance Single Speed Pool Pump may be just what you need as part of your filter setup. This pump is built to last for a long time and designed to withstand even the harshest weather conditions without showing any signs of damage or wear and tear over time. Best of all, no matter what size you need for your pool, you can find the right pump in this model. Offering such a wide variety makes this filter pump a great solution for anyone looking for an excellent universal choice.
- This is a quiet-operating pump that won’t make a lot of unwanted noise constantly in your backyard.
- The lid of this filter pump is clear, so you can quickly and easily take a peek inside and see if it needs to be cleaned or not.
- The pump comes with the matching motor so you won’t have to worry about making a separate purchase.
- This filter pump isn’t known to last quite as long as some of the others listed here overall.
- The included swimming pool filter pump motors may develop damage and issues more quickly than the rest of the filter pump and need to be replaced separately.
- The bottom of the motor has been known to rust over time, especially when placed incorrectly.
3. Hayward SP1580X15 Power-Flo LX Series Above-Ground Pool Pump
When you’re in the market for an incredible filter pump that comes from a popular brand name in the world of swimming pool filters and won’t break your budget when you buy it, the Hayward SP1580X15 Power-Flo LX Series Above-Ground Pool Pump is perfect for you. This pump is built to last and made to work with just about any existing pool hardware, although you may need to make a few adjustments to get it to fit properly. Although it’s available in a 1 HP option, these 1.5 HP Hayward pool filter motors are sure to provide you with enough filtration to handle whatever the season might throw its way.
- Includes a large debris skimmer basket that can catch many of the larger items that might make their way into your pool.
- Many customers have reported several years of use from these Hayward pool filter pump parts without needing any repairs or replacements.
- This pump makes it very easy to monitor and stabilize the pressure inside your pool filter tank.
- It may be very difficult to remove the lid of this pump when it comes time to clean or replace the cartridge media inside.
- You may need to help prime this pump, even though it is meant to be self-priming.
- Although this pump isn’t too difficult to install, it may be more of a challenge than some of the others listed here.
4. Blue Wave NE6171B Maxi Replacement Pump for Above Ground Pools
The Blue Wave NE6171B Maxi Replacement Pump for Above Ground Pools is strong enough to handle just about any backyard swimming pool with ease. Install it right away and see for yourself what a difference it’s sure to make when you upgrade from your existing pool filter pump! This pump is constructed out of durable materials that are built to withstand a lot of exposure to pool chemicals as well as inclement weather. It’s very simple and easy to set up even if you don’t have previous experience with pool filters. With this pump as part of your pool setup, you’ll have clean water all summer long.
- This filter is available in either a 1 HP or 1.5 HP model, both of which can provide you with ample water filtration regardless of swimmer load.
- The pool filter motor replacement has two separate ports that make it easy to install it either vertically or horizontally depending on your existing pool hardware.
- The pump has excellent suction and a great seal that won’t develop leaks easily.
- You may have to install more piping to your pool filter to make this pump work correctly.
- Very large swimming pools may not see a big difference with this pump installed.
- It may be difficult to keep the pressure in your filter up with this pump.
5. Intex Krystal Clear Model 637R/56637E Filter Pump
If you’re searching for a great little filter pump to help you get your above-ground or pop-up pool started and ready for the summer, the Intex Krystal Clear Model 637R/56637E Filter Pump is an excellent option for you. Although this filter pump is designed for use with smaller swimming pools, it’s a wonderful low-cost alternative to many of the other pumps available on the market. Best of all, since it comes from the Intex brand, it’s designed to work with just about any brand of backyard swimming pool you might already have with little to no additional altering to make it fit. When summertime rolls around, you can’t go wrong with this small but effective Intex pool filter pump.
- This is by far the cheapest filter pump on our list and one of the cheapest on the market at all.
- It’s easy to use this filter on its own with the right size pool or in conjunction with another filter pump for even cleaner water.
- Installation of this Intex pool pump filter is very quick, easy, and simple even for inexperienced pool owners.
- The included electrical cord has been known to develop shorts very quickly and cause the pump to stop functioning correctly.
- This pump isn’t strong enough for mid-size or larger swimming pools and may not provide enough filtration for smaller pools that get used very often.
- This filter pump doesn’t feature any additional settings other than off/on.
Filter Baskets for Swimming Pools
Buying the right filter baskets for swimming pools is crucial when it comes to safely and effectively operating your filter. Choose the perfect fit from the products listed below and you’ll never again have to worry about whether or not your strainer basket is still in good shape. This list includes products that fit most of the common filter types and sizes, so you should be able to find just what you need.
6. Pentair 070387 IntelliFlo/WhisperFlo Pool Pump Basket
Sometimes, your swimming pool has a uniquely-shaped filter basket that may be difficult to find a replacement for. And sometimes, the right replacement for your pool’s skimmer basket may need to be a lot more secure than the existing one you’re upgrading from. If you find yourself needing a much more durable filter basket but having difficulties finding the right size for your backyard pool, check out the Pentair 070387 IntelliFlo/WhisperFlo Pool Pump Basket. This filter basket is designed for use interchangeably with Pentair brand filters in the IntelliFlo and WhisperFlo lines, which are some of the most common affordable filters on the market.
- This is a best-selling product that’s purchased by lots of pool owners, so you know it’s going to last a long time.
- The basket provides an excellent upgrade from the same product several years ago, which includes a better and more durable lip to the basket itself.
- The basket is slightly flexible, which makes it easy to install it.
- The holes in this strainer basket are a little larger than in some other models, which may allow some debris to get through that shouldn’t.
- It may be difficult to clean this filter basket out, especially if it becomes clogged with dirt over time.
- In rare cases, the pool filter skimmer basket has been known to arrive mildewed from storage.
7. Hayward SPX1070E Basket Replacement for Hayward Automatic Skimmers
The Hayward SPX1070E Basket Replacement for Hayward Automatic Skimmers is the perfect choice for any matching automatic skimmers. It works best with Hayward models including SP10712S, SP1071210FVA, SP1070, and SP1071, although you may be able to use it with other filters that match the same measurements. This basket is weighted up to six pounds, which makes it very heavy and very easy to use with the right size of filter. Install it and see what a difference a Hayward brand product will make, especially if you’re upgrading your basket from an existing off-brand model.
- The plastic used in these baskets is very durable and designed not to flake or become brittle over time.
- The baskets are made by the Hayward company which means they’re high-quality and brand-name.
- These baskets can be easily installed with almost no trouble when the time comes.
- The included metal handle may not be durable enough to use for several years and may snap off over time.
- The swimming pool filter basket may be slightly smaller than the existing basket you’ll be replacing, although it should only be different by a tiny amount.
- Sometimes, these baskets have been known to arrive shipped without a handle.
8. Hayward SPX1082CA Basket Assembly Replacement for Hayward Automatic Skimmers
If you have a uniquely-shaped automatic skimmer basket that you’re having trouble finding a replacement for, the Hayward SPX1082CA Basket Assembly Replacement for Hayward Automatic Skimmers may be exactly what you need. This filter basket works with Hayward models including the SP 1082, SP 1083, SP 1084, SP 1085, and SP 1086 skimmers. You can also use it universally in other filters that match the same measurements, although bear in mind that not all filter skimmer baskets are going to be the same size or shape. This is an affordable filter that can help give you ample filtration and keep larger debris from making its way into your pool filter for several years to come.
- These baskets are easy to snap into place with just a few simple actions when the time comes.
- You shouldn’t need to replace your skimmer basket for many years once you have one of these installed.
- These baskets come from the Hayward company itself, which means you’re getting a quality product designed to work with name brand filters.
- This basket’s handle breaks off easily, which may make it difficult to remove it without having to touch the debris inside.
- The pool filter basket replacement itself has been known to become brittle and flake apart over time.
- The skimmer baskets are not weighted as well as some of the others listed here, so they may float around more inside the filter.
9. Hayward SPX1091C Basket with Handle Replacement for Hayward Automatic Skimmers
The Hayward SPX1091C Basket with Handle Replacement for Hayward Automatic Skimmers is an excellent addition to your backyard pool setup. Although your skimmer basket probably doesn’t need to be replaced too often, eventually it will, and this basket can help you make that happen with no trouble. This is an affordable basket replacement designed for use with the Hayward SP1091LX, SP1091WM, and Dyna-Skim automatic skimmers. Bear in mind that this basket won’t fit other sizes of filters, however, but if you have one of these or a similarly sized filter installed, you can’t go wrong with this choice.
- This is the official Hayward pool pump filter basket replacement for this type of filter basket, so you know you’re going to get a great, high-quality product when you buy it.
- This is a very sturdy filter basket for pool pump use that comes with a comfortable handle that’s designed not to get in the way of its operation.
- These baskets are weighted to help keep them in place when they’re in use.
- The filter basket features wide lips that are more of an aesthetic decision than something that holds it in place, and it may make the basket difficult to install.
- You may need to fiddle with the basket the first time to get it to snap into place correctly.
- If you have an off-brand filter that matches the measurements for this basket, it still may not fit because of its unique shape.
10. Generic Pool Skimmer Basket Replacement for Hayward, Pentair, Swimquip Skimmer Basket
Although all of the filter basket replacements on our list are very affordable, this one comes in at the lowest, so if you’re looking for a great basket on a budget don’t hesitate to reach for this Generic Pool Skimmer Basket Replacement for Hayward, Pentair, and Swimquip Skimmer Baskets. This basket replacement is a universal design that works well with all sorts of filter skimmers, so no matter what you have installed, chances are good you can get a lot of use out of it. It comes with a built-in handle to make removal even easier and help assist you with regular cleanup.
- If you need to operate your filter without a handle on the skimmer basket, you can easily remove this one and use it handle-free.
- The basket is weighted on the bottom which helps keep it in place without moving around a lot.
- This basket is built out of durable plastic that will resist rust and corrosion for many years.
- This swimming pool pump filter basket is only designed for use with skimmers that measure 5-3/16” deep by 8-5/16” across and it will not work with other skimmers.
- The filter basket may not be the same color as your existing basket, which could cause some aesthetic problems that might bother some pool owners.
- This product doesn’t come from a brand name, which may be a problem for some pool owners.
Pool Filter Air Relief Valves
If you’re having trouble with your air relief valves, one of these great products is sure to help solve your problems. When your air relief valve breaks, your filter won’t be able to be cleaned properly. Over time, this means pressure will build up inside the filter, and this could be a dangerous situation that might lead to filter or pump failure. You can keep that from happening by replacing a broken air valve right away.
11. Hayward DEX2420MAR2 DE and Cartridge Filter Manual Air Relief Assembly
If you have a Hayward brand filter that needs a new air relief assembly, the Hayward DEX2420MAR2 DE and Cartridge Filter Manual Air Relief Assembly is likely to work perfectly for you. This replacement part works with the Hayward brand Pro-Grid and SwimClear series, both of which are some of the most popular choices from this well-known company. It may also work well with other brands of filters that have the same measurements, although you might want to double check before purchasing it for a non-Hayward product. With this replacement piece, you’re sure to have a worry-free experience that will keep you and your pool happy.
- This product comes from Hayward, which is known for its great products and quality customer service.
- The replacement piece comes with the pressure gauge already installed to make setup even easier.
- You can install this replacement piece in about 10 minutes by following the simple included directions.
- This piece doesn’t come with the two O-rings needed to install it, and you’ll need to buy them separately.
- This is the most expensive replacement air valve product on our list.
- In rare instances, the valve is installed incorrectly and may need maintenance before you can use it.
12. Pentair 273564 Manual Air Relief Assembly Replacement Pool and Spa Sand Filter
The Pentair 273564 Manual Air Relief Assembly Replacement Pool and Spa Sand Filter is an entire air relief assembly piece that can be used to quickly and simply replace the top part of certain types of filters. This replacement part fits Pentair TR100C and TR140C sand filters, and you may be able to use it with other types of sand filters that match their measurements as well. Although it’s a little more expensive than some of the other valve replacements on our list, it’s not the most expensive, and it may be a great solution when you’re having trouble finding replacement parts for your sand filter’s valves.
- This is a clear air relief valve, which makes it easy to look inside and see when you need to clean your filter.
- The pressure gauge that’s part of this setup is installed in the full assembly, which makes replacement even quicker and easier.
- If you have any trouble installing this part, you can always call the company and ask for assistance from their excellent customer service.
- This replacement part doesn’t come with the O-ring needed to install it, and you’ll need to buy it separately.
- The pressure gauge that comes with this setup has been known to fill with water over time.
- This replacement piece has been known to arrive broken and damaged during shipping.
13. Pentair 24850-0105 Valve and Gauge Assembly Replacement for Select Sta-Rite Pool Filters
Are you looking for an affordable air relief valve that comes with many other necessary parts and accessories to replace some of the frequently damaged pieces of your backyard pool setup? With the Pentair 24850-0105 Valve and Gauge Assembly Replacement for Select Sta-Rite Pool Filters, you can bring home everything you need to repair some of the most common problems with your pool filter all for a very low price. The air relief valve included with this set fits the Sta-Rite filter system as well as any other filters that match the same measurements. Use it with either a cartridge filter or a DE filter to get the same great results.
- This air relief valve comes with a pressure gauge, drain cover, and O-ring to help you get everything replaced at once.
- Pentair makes it easy for you to simply look up your filter’s brand and model number and find out if these items will work for you.
- You can easily replace your valve with the one in this set in just a few short minutes without any additional help.
- This pool filter air bleed valve doesn’t work with every type of filter, and it may not work well with older models even if they are from the Pentair company.
- The plastic used in this product may not be as durable as that in some of the other valves listed here.
- The O-ring around the air relief valve will need to be replaced frequently as it stretches out over time.
14. Pentair 92109800 High Flow Manual Relief Valve Replacement Pool and Spa Filter
The Pentair 92109800 High Flow Manual Relief Valve Replacement Pool and Spa Filter is one of the most popular choices for most backyard pool owners. This excellent air relief valve works with so many different Pentair products that chances are good you already have the right type of filter installed as part of your pool setup. You can use this valve replacement with Pentair’s popular Clean & Clear line, as well as with the Warrior, EasyClean, FNS, and SMBW lines. It can be used with either cartridge style filters or with DE filters, and best of all, the company makes it easy for you to quickly look up your filter brand and model and determine if this valve will fit.
- It’s very easy to install this pool filter air release valve in just a few minutes by just unscrewing your old one and putting this one on instead.
- This is an almost universal valve that can work with nearly all of the most popular backyard pool filters.
- You can use this valve whether you have an above-ground pool or a pop-up pool.
- This is just the air relief valve and does not come with a pressure gauge or any other accessories.
- Without proper maintenance, this valve may break in half over time during regular use.
- It is possible to install this valve too tightly and cause damage to your filter housing unit.
15. Hayward CCX1000V XStream Cartridge Filter Manual Air Relief Valve
Do you have a Hayward brand cartridge style or diatomaceous earth filter that needs a new air relief valve? Or do you have one of the many cartridge or DE filters that match the same size specifications as this well-known brand name? Either way, if you need to replace your air relief valve and you’re looking for the most affordable option on the market, check out the Hayward CCX1000V XStream Cartridge Filter Manual Air Relief Valve. These valves are great Hayward pool filter replacement parts for anyone who might have purchased a filter that didn’t come with a valve or may have broken the valve on their existing filter.
- This is the cheapest option on our list, even though it comes from the popular Hayward brand.
- It’s very easy to thread this replacement pool filter air relief valve into place in just a few minutes even without any experience.
- If you’re unsure whether or not this valve will fit your filter, you can always call Hayward and talk to their excellent customer service.
- Over time, the O-rings on the valve will stretch out and may cause leaks.
- This valve is only built to last for a few years before you’ll need to replace it again.
- The pressure from your filter tank may blow this valve out of the filter housing tank over time without maintenance.
Pool Filter Backwash Valves
Backwash valves are an important part of sand and DE filters. Replace yours with one of the excellent products listed below. If your backwash valve stops working, becomes clogged, or breaks, then you won’t be able to properly clean your filter. This can eventually lead to a lot of trouble that’s easy to avoid by simply purchasing a replacement valve right away.
16. Hayward SP0715XR50 Pro Series Vari-Flo Control Valve
When you have a diatomaceous earth filter, sometimes you need a valve that can handle everything you want to accomplish with your swimming pool. With the Hayward SP0715XR50 Pro Series Vari-Flo Control Valve as part of your pool setup, you won’t have to worry again about not having the right setting for cleaning, refilling, or winterizing your pool. Best of all, since this product comes from Hayward, it’s sure to work with many of the most popular backyard swimming pool DE filters.
- This is a very easy-to-install product that shouldn’t be a problem even for inexperienced pool owners.
- The valve comes with all the screws necessary to put it in place right out of the box.
- It’s easy to learn how to operate this valve, even if it’s an upgrade from your existing valve piece.
- Since this product is made for 2-inch pipes, you may need to install new pipes or adapters for your existing pool hardware.
- Some products have been known to develop leaks very quickly with just a few uses.
- The O-ring may stretch out over time and require frequent replacements.
17. Hayward SP0710XR50 Pro-Series Vari-Flo Backwash Valve Coupling
Do you have a vertical grid DE style filter from the Hayward company or one that’s comparable in size and measurements? If so, the Hayward SP0710XR50 Pro-Series Vari-Flo Backwash Valve Coupling may be the perfect solution for your replacement part needs. This pool filter pressure relief valve is built out of durable ABS plastic that’s sure to withstand years of use even out in the direct sunlight and rain. Best of all, the part includes a self-cleaning procedure that keeps it from sticking or developing clogs with frequent use.
- This pool filter backwash valve is very durable and many pool owners have reported it lasting for over 10 years with no need to be replaced.
- This product is designed to work with DE filters and provide you with all the settings you need to operate your filter well.
- It should be no trouble to fit this product to your existing Hayward filter with little to no adaptions.
- This piece may be more difficult to replace than some of the other valve pieces listed here.
- The part doesn’t come with any O-rings or required connectors and you will need to purchase them separately.
- Some pool owners have reported getting wet while backwashing their filters using this piece.
18. Hayward SP0714T ProSeries VariFlo Top-Mount Multiport Valve
If you have a Hayward brand or similar sand filter, the Hayward SP0714T ProSeries VariFlo Top-Mount Multiport Valve can be an essential piece to your pool filter setup. Many of the Hayward brand sand filters don’t come with this piece as part of the purchase, so you’ll need to buy it separately if you’re setting up one of these filters for the first time. You might also need to bring home one of these replacement swimming pool filter valve parts if yours has stopped working correctly or has become broken or damaged. This piece is an invaluable item that can make your pool experience very easy.
- The Hayward company has great customer service and will happily help you figure out if this product will fit your existing filter.
- This replacement piece is very easy to install and simple to use with clear, understandable instructions.
- The plastic this valve is built from won’t corrode or rust over time even with extended use.
- This multiport valve cannot be used with cartridge style or DE filters.
- If installed too tightly, this valve may cause stress fractures on your filter tank.
- The seal on this valve may be difficult to keep up without regularly replacing the O-ring.
Pressure Gauges for Pool Filters
When your pressure gauge breaks, replace it easily with one of these low-cost replacement parts. While a broken pressure gauge may at first be nothing but a nuisance, after a while, it will make it impossible for you to tell what the pressure in your filter tank is. This could lead to missed cleanings and a whole filter system failure.
19. Zodiac R0357200 Air Gauge Release Valve Assembly Replacement for Select Zodiac Filters
If you have a Zodiac brand filter or any other type of more universally-sized pool filter as part of your pool setup, choose the Zodiac R0357200 Air Gauge Release Valve Assembly Replacement for Select Zodiac Filters. This swimming pool filter pressure gauge can be used with many different types of cartridge and sand filters as well as with a few models of DE filters that are widely available today.
- This replacement part comes with everything you need to install it right out of the box.
- The gauge is designed to last even if you live in a hot climate where it will be in direct sunlight for a long time.
- You can put this gauge in place in just a couple of minutes with no trouble.
- This is a lesser-known brand name, which may be off-putting to some pool owners.
- The lens on this pressure gauge fogs up quickly and may be difficult to read most of the time.
- Be careful to check this gauge often as it has been known to start reading incorrectly suddenly.
20. Hayward ECX2712B1 Boxed Pressure Gauge with Dial Replacement for Select Hayward Filters
If you have a Hayward brand filter in the Perflex, Pro Grid, SwimClear, or HCF lines, you can use this Hayward ECX2712B1 Boxed Pressure Gauge with Dial Replacement for Select Hayward Filters the next time your pressure gauge becomes damaged. Simply unscrew your old pressure gauge for swimming pool filter use and put this one on in its place for a simple solution that will last for a long time to come.
- This is a heavy and durable gauge that’s built to last no matter what extremes it might face.
- The included directions make this gauge a quick and simple replacement that anyone can handle.
- When you purchase this product, Hayward will be happy to help you install it by phone if needed.
- You will need to use Teflon tape to install this gauge, and you will need to purchase this separately beforehand.
- The inside of the gauge may develop condensation quickly, which could affect its reading.
- With improper installation, this gauge may cause an air leak in your filter.
21. Hayward DE CS271261 Boxed Pressure Gauge with Dial Replacement for Select Multiport Valve
Choose the Hayward DE CS271261 Boxed Pressure Gauge with Dial Replacement for Select Multiport Valve when you need to easily replace a broken or damaged multiport valve pressure gauge on pool filter lids. This piece is designed specifically for use with Hayward diatomaceous earth filters, but you can use it interchangeably with many other brands of DE filter too.
- This pool sand filter pressure gauge comes pre-wrapped with Teflon tape so you won’t have to worry about buying it before installation.
- The gauge shows you starting pressure as well as current pressure so you can tell exactly when it’s time to clean the filter.
- The dial on the gauge is large and very easy to read.
- These gauges usually last about two years before they need to be replaced again, which is not nearly as long as some others listed here.
- The gauge may read the wrong pressure over time, which may make maintenance more difficult.
- In very rare instances, the gauge has arrived broken during shipping.
22. Hayward ECX270861 Boxed Pressure Gauge Replacement for Select Hayward Sand and DE Filter
The Hayward Ecx270861 Boxed Pressure Gauge Replacement for Select Hayward Sand and DE Filter is perfect for the Micro Clear, Perflex, and Pro Series models from the Hayward company. It features an easy-to-install threading that makes it simple to just screw this pressure gauge for pool filter use into place in just a few short minutes, and it’s an excellent option for quickly and easily replacing this often-broken part of your pool filter.
- You can easily adapt this gauge to work with many different types and brands of filter.
- This gauge is known to continually show the right pressure for years without needing to replace it.
- The dial on this gauge is designed to keep rainwater and condensation out.
- The pressure gauge has been known to arrive broken, but the company will work to send a replacement if this happens.
- The gauge may be slightly in the way of your multiport valve’s handle when you backwash your filter.
- This gauge may be a little more expensive than some of the others listed here, which may put off some pool owners from buying it.
23. Super Pro 80960BU Pool Spa Filter Water Pressure Gauge
While none of the pool filter pressure gauge air relief valve options on our list are very expensive and they aren’t likely to break the bank, if you’re looking for something that’s even more affordable, check out the Super Pro 80960BU Pool Spa Filter Water Pressure Gauge. This product is generic but universal and designed to work with just about any existing pool filter you might have.
- This product is purchased often by pool owners, so you know it’s going to be a good item that will last a long time to come.
- It’s very easy to install this pressure gauge for pool sand filter in just a few minutes without any special tools or knowledge.
- This is a universal size that works with many of the most popular backyard pool filters.
- This gauge is from an off-brand company, which may be a detriment to some pool owners depending on personal preferences.
- The pressure gauge may develop condensation inside over time, which could cause it to read incorrectly.
- The gauge may cause leaks in your filter tank if installed too tightly.
Hose for Pool Pump to Filter
Below are some of the best and most durable filter hoses you can purchase. These crucial parts of a pool setup tend to break very frequently, but when you stock up on a few replacements, you’ll be ready to handle anything that might go wrong with your swimming pool throughout the summer.
24. Intex 1.5” Diameter Accessory Pool Pump Replacement Hose
The Intex 1.5” Diameter Accessory Pool Pump Replacement Hose is one of the most popular pool hose replacement products available on the market today. This hose comes in a pack of two to help you make it even easier to stock up on this important piece of your pool setup. Use this hose universally with any pool pipes measuring 1.5” in diameter. You’ll have no trouble getting a lot of use out of this hose, especially with its easy-to-use screw-on adapters at both ends.
- Since this is a pack of two hoses, it’s one of the most affordable pool hose replacement options available.
- You’ll get several years of use out of these heavy-duty hoses.
- You can use this hose with any type of filter and with any type of above-ground or pop-up swimming pool.
- In some instances, the hoses may arrive with cracks or holes even when they are brand new.
- If you live in a very hot climate, you may have to replace the connectors more frequently than the hose itself.
- These hoses are not for use with in-ground swimming pools.
25. JED Pool Tools Deluxe Filter Connecting Hose for Swimming Pool
The JED Pool Tools Deluxe Filter Connecting Hose for Swimming Pool is a great solution for any pool owners looking for a flexible hose that can be used for a variety of different pool purposes. This hose is great for use with any 1-1/2” pool hardware, so it pays to stock up on them and keep them on hand for those times when your existing hoses suffer damage from the weather or from use. Although this hose comes from a lesser-known company, it’s easy to use and perfect for many pool setups.
- You can use this filter in your swimming pool, aquarium, or hot tub and experience great filtration no matter how you choose to use it.
- These are not brittle hoses, but are very flexible and can work well with any setup.
- The packaging for these hoses is very good and they aren’t likely to arrive damaged.
- The connectors on this hose are not heavy-duty and may become damaged fairly quickly.
- This is a lightweight hose that may not be sturdy enough for year-round use in hotter climates.
- The included clamps are difficult to use with some existing pool hardware.
26. Intex Spiral Hose for Pool Filters
Are you looking for the perfect universal solution to your pool hose needs? With this Intex Spiral Hose for Pool Filters, you should have no trouble getting your pool up to speed for the summertime, even if your old hose is no longer usable. This low-cost hose is the best solution for most backyard pool owners because of its durability and because of how easy it is to match it to existing pool hardware. Pick up a few today and keep them on hand for all your pool hose needs.
- This hose can quickly and easily be cut down to the right length for your pool and then installed with the removable attachment caps included.
- You can use this hose with any type of pool filter or pool system you might have, as long as it’s above-ground or pop-up.
- This is a durable hose made out of strong materials that will last you for several years with no trouble.
- The hose doesn’t have a swivel attachment, which may make it more difficult to move around, especially if you use it for vacuuming.
- The hose may collapse when used with more powerful filter pumps, so you might need to stick to using it with less powerful ones.
- May make a whistling sound while operating that could be irritating to some pool owners.
27. Intex 1.5 Inch Diameter Replacement Pool Hose
If you have an Intex brand swimming pool in your backyard, you’re likely to eventually need to replace its hoses. With the Intex 1.5 Inch Diameter Replacement Pool Hose, you’ll be able to keep your pool up and running perfectly all summer long no matter what might come its way. You can use this hose with many of the most popular Intex brand filter pumps, and it’s a great replacement for any of the Intex pool sets that are 18 feet or larger.
- You can use this hose with sand filters as well as with traditional cartridge filter pumps with no trouble.
- This is a universally-sized pool hose that works with just about any type of pool system you might have.
- This hose comes with the pieces needed to screw it in tightly and form a good seal that keeps water from leaking out.
- This hose is made from lightweight materials that might become damaged from extended use.
- The attachment pieces on the ends of the hose may become broken or damaged over time.
- In some instances, this hose has been known to arrive already cracked.
28. Accessory Hose for Intex and Soft Sided Pools
If you have a pop-up pool in your backyard and you’re having trouble finding the right kind of hose to use with it, you need this Accessory Hose for Intex and Soft Sided Pools as part of your setup today. This hose is designed to work well with any pop-up pool filters of smaller sizes and lower powers, and it’s compatible with many different pools available on the market today. Buy it in a one or two-pack to help suit your needs perfectly.
- This is a very affordable hose that won’t hurt your pool budget too badly when you buy it.
- When you use this hose for pool pump to filter, it’s sure to last a good long time even when exposed to frequent direct sunlight.
- You can also use this hose for your pool vacuum as well as for your regular pool operations.
- This hose may need some modification to work with your pools, whether you have an Intex brand pool or something different.
- There are no installation instructions included, so it may be difficult to get this hose in place.
- This hose is made of a lighter material than many of the others listed here.
Pool Pump Filter Housing Parts
Below are seven of the best pool pump filter housing parts to help you replace anything that might break over time on your filter tank or lid. This list includes parts from a variety of different types, brands, and models of filters, so no matter what you’re looking for, you should be able to find it listed below. Remember that many brand name products will work with generic filters and vice-versa, so don’t hesitate to look more into the item of your choice to see if it works with your filter.
29. Hayward CX120B Body Housing Replacement for Hayward Micro Star-Clear Cartridge Filter
If you have a micro-filter on your pool, whether you use it as your sole source of filtration or along with another filter, you probably know how difficult it can be to find a pool filter tank replacement housing part for this unique size. With the Hayward CX120B Body Housing Replacement for Hayward Micro Star-Clear Cartridge Filter, you’ll be able to take care of any cracked or damaged filter housing you might be experiencing without having to spend a fortune to do it.
- Despite being a Hayward pool filter housing product, this is a very affordable replacement part.
- You can use this replacement piece for hot tubs, indoor Jacuzzi tubs, and swimming pools equally.
- It’s very easy to determine whether or not this filter housing replacement will work for your filter.
- Without proper weatherizing, this tank may develop cracks and weak points over the years.
- This tank may be difficult to use with any products that aren’t made by Hayward.
- You will need to replace the O-ring frequently to keep it from wearing out and causing a leak.
30. Hayward LX Pump Strainer Housing
The Hayward LX Pump Strainer Housing is a great option for anyone looking to replace a broken, damaged, or outdated strainer basket housing assembly. This piece includes a replacement strainer basket as well as the O-ring necessary to install it properly. Although the strainer basket is an important part of your filter, many pool owners don’t often pay attention to whether or not the housing unit has become damaged until it’s too late. Buy this replacement and get ahead of this problem before it happens.
- Since this is a Hayward product, you’re sure to get a great, high-quality filter tank replacement that will last a long time.
- Installing this replacement part should only take a few minutes.
- You can use this product interchangeably with many Hayward products as well as other filter brands, too.
- Tightening this housing unit can be difficult to get right without causing a leak or a stress fracture.
- The plastic this piece is made from has been known to weaken over a short amount of time.
- This piece doesn’t come with a replacement O-ring, so you’ll need to purchase this separately.
31. Pentair 178561 Almond Lid Assembly Replacement Pool and Spa Filter
If you’re one of the many pool owners who has selected a Pentair brand pool filter or backyard pool setup, the Pentair 178561 Almond Lid Assembly Replacement Pool and Spa Filter is likely to work well for you. Even if you have a different brand name filter, you may be able to use this product if the measurements match. This lid replacement is the top piece of the Pentair Clean & Clear and Predator lines of swimming pool cartridge filter housing. Use it to replace a broken lid or one that is getting weather-worn.
- This swimming pool filter housing is designed to fit perfectly with the properly-sized filter so you won’t have to worry about the seal being broken.
- This filter lid has been known to last up to 10 years for some pool owners.
- It’s very easy to replace the top valve on your lid when you buy this new part.
- It may be difficult to install this lid without tools or additional assistance from someone else.
- It is possible to damage this lid if you install your valve or gauge too tightly.
- If you have a very old filter from Pentair, this model may be just slightly too small to fit properly.
32. Pentair 357151 Clear Pump Lid Replacement Pool and Spa Inground Pump
With the Pentair 357151 Clear Pump Lid Replacement Pool and Spa Inground Pump, you’ll never again have to worry about whether or not you can clearly see all the debris in your pool pump filter housing. This lid will make it easier than ever before for you to take a quick look at your filter and figure out just how soon you need to worry about cleaning it. Best of all, this is one of the only in-ground pool replacement pieces listed here, so if you have an in-ground pool system you’re in a lot of luck.
- While this lid is designed to work with the Sta-Rite line of Pentair products, it can also be used interchangeably with many other similarly-sized products as well.
- This is a very affordable product that can often solve a lot of much more expensive filter issues.
- This product is made of very durable plastic that won’t become damaged even if something hits it.
- This lid is only for use with in-ground pool pumps and can’t be used with above-ground or pop-up pool pumps.
- This lid will yellow over time with exposure to the elements.
- This lid may develop small stress fractures over time with extended use.
33. Hayward SPX1500D2A Strainer Cover with O-Ring Replacement
The Hayward SPX1500D2A Strainer Cover with O-Ring Replacement is the perfect solution for any broken or damaged strainer lids. If you’re having trouble seeing inside your strainer basket, look no further than this high-quality product straight from Hayward!
- Hayward makes it easy to look up your strainer model number to find out if this product will fit.
- This product is made of durable plastic that won’t break or become damaged easily.
- The lid comes with the O-ring needed to install it properly.
- You may need to use additional lubricant or tools to get the O-ring in place.
- The lid will eventually yellow over time due to weather exposure.
- This lid will not fit all strainer baskets equally.
34. Pentair R172009 Cap O-Ring Replacement Pool and Spa Filter and Feeder
If you’ve read through some of the reviews listed here, you’ve probably seen that the O-ring can be an issue for many different filters and filter parts. When you need to replace your existing O-ring, it’s important to find one which suits your specific filter or part perfectly. The Pentair R172009 Cap O-Ring Replacement Pool and Spa Filter and Feeder works well with a variety of different products from the Pentair company. Although it isn’t universally used by every Pentair filter product, it’s a good idea to stock up on this important piece of your pool system.
- With this O-ring in place, you’ll be able to operate your filter leak-free.
- You can use this O-ring with many different products, both Pentair brand and not.
- This product is designed to perfectly fit Pentair filters without much effort.
- This O-ring may swell up quickly, especially if installed incorrectly.
- You will need to purchase silicone lubricant separately to install this O-ring correctly.
- This O-ring may be too thick by a very small amount for some filter pieces.
35. Hayward SPX1500P Strainer Cover O-Ring Replacement for Select Hayward Pumps
The Hayward SPX1500P Strainer Cover O-Ring Replacement for Select Hayward Pumps is a great product to help keep your pool up and running at all times. This O-ring is important for the operation of many Hayward brand filters and filter pumps as well. Stock up on a few so you never have to worry about your O-ring inevitably needing to be replaced at the last minute.
- This is an affordable product that works well with many different filter pieces.
- This O-Ring is durable and built to last for as long as possible before you’ll need to replace it.
- You can use this O-ring with other products aside from Hayward brand filters.
- This O-ring may be too snug for use with some filter pumps.
- You will need to purchase additional silicone lubricant to get this ring on correctly.
- You cannot use an alternative lubricant or you will risk your O-ring expanding too much to be used properly.
As you can see, there are plenty of excellent pool filter replacements parts that can help you maintain your filter for years to come. It’s very important to learn how to replace these pieces on your own so you don’t have to worry about scheduling and paying for a pool technician every time a small part of your filter breaks.
However, if you feel like you don’t completely understand how to replace any part, don’t hesitate to call someone to help you. It’s never a good idea to work on a filter if you don’t know what you’re doing, and there’s no shame in having to ask for help, especially the first time.
Whether you’re an experienced pool owner or someone who needs a little extra help, these products can all be great ways to replace damaged important parts of your pool setup. You can’t go wrong with any of them!