21 Best Swimming Pool Filtering Systems For Sale Online
Is it time to upgrade your pool filter system?
Have you noticed that your existing pool filter system just isn’t cutting it and your water isn’t getting as clean as you’d like it to be?
Or are you setting up a pool for the first time and hoping to purchase your filter along with everything else you need to set it up?
Whether you’re putting together a pool from the ground up or you’re looking to improve on your existing pool hardware, picking the best swimming pool filter system can be an important step to take.
Of course, picking the right option is sometimes difficult, especially when you’re new to the world of swimming pools. That’s where this article comes in!
Below, you’ll find a quick rundown of the 7 qualities you should look for when shopping for swimming pool filtering systems. After that, you’ll be introduced to each type of pool filter system, and you’ll find reviews for 21 of the best products you can choose from.
No matter which type of filter system you want to use in your pool, you’ll be able to find something that works perfectly for you. Read on to learn more!
7 Qualities of a Good Pool Filter System
Shopping for your swimming pool water filter system can be challenging, but it doesn’t have to be. There are a lot of things you need to keep in mind when you’re window shopping and trying to narrow down your choices, and we’ve outlined seven of our top tips below to help you get started. When you want to choose the perfect filter system for your needs, look for these 7 qualities.
1. Does your filter system come with everything?
Many filter systems come with hoses, hookups, power cords, pumps, filter tanks, and even starter filter media. If yours doesn’t, it isn’t necessarily a bad system, but it might not be your best choice either.
2. Does your filter system fit your pool?
If your filter system is much too large for your pool or way too small for the volume of water you’re working with, it isn’t going to be a good choice.
3. Will you need to adapt the hookups with your filter system to work with your pool?
Many times, adapting hoses and hookups is as simple as purchasing a piece that threads onto the hookup and effectively narrows or widens the available space the water can pass through. Some filter systems come with adapters and others don’t.
4. Will your filter system cost too much to set up?
Initial cost is an important factor in choosing your filter system. Be sure to select one that fits into your budget.
5. Will your filter system cost too much to keep up?
A good filter system won’t be too expensive to keep up over the years. You’ll need to consider the cost of filter media as well as any replacement parts you might need over time.
6. How easy is it to install your filter system?
A good filter system will be user-friendly and easy to install as well as to clean and maintain regularly. You should choose a filter system that comes with directions or is made by a company known for helping out by phone if you run into a problem installing it on your own.
7. Is your filter system known for developing leaks or being damaged easily?
Be sure to check reviews and feedback about the filter system you’re interested in to find out if it’s known for having trouble. A good filter system will have good reviews!
Best Cartridge Filter System
Cartridge filters are some of the most popular and most common on the market today. Many pool owners start out their experience with cartridge style filters, and some never upgrade beyond this because they’re so happy with the clean water they can get from their favorite filter. Below are some of the best pool filter system cartridge options available, complete with powerful pumps that can help you make the most of your pool experience. Choose your favorite and you should be able to enjoy many years of clean water in your own backyard, too.
1. Intex 1500 GPH Easy Set Pool Filter Pump with GFCI and 6 Filter Cartridges
Setting up a backyard pool can be expensive, but with the Intex 1500 GPH Easy Set Pool Filter Pump with GFCI and 6 Filter Cartridges, it doesn’t have to be. This swimming pool pump and filter system is a smaller one, so it might not be great for use with bigger pools or those you use very frequently, but if you have a small pool or a light swimming load, this system can help save you a ton of money. This is an excellent low-budget filter system that comes with everything you need to set it up, including enough filter cartridges to get you through several months and maybe even a whole season with no additional costs.
- This is a very low-cost setup that’s great for anyone with a small pop-up or above-ground pool.
- The included filter cartridges are durable and long-lasting, and they can be used many times with regular cleaning and maintenance.
- This filter system comes from the Intex brand, which is well-known and can be used universally with many other brands of pool products.
- This is a very small and lightweight filter system that might not be tough enough for many pools.
- This filter system cannot be used with in-ground swimming pools.
- The included power cord is very short and may make placement of the filter system quite difficult.
2. Intex 1500GPH Easy Set Swimming Pool Filter Pump with Timer
Are you shopping for a new pool filter system on a budget? Do you need something small that isn’t too powerful to destroy your pop-up pool? If so, the Intex 1500GPH Easy Set Swimming Pool Filter Pump with Timer is the perfect solution for you. This little filter system is small enough to be used safely and easily with a pop-up swimming pool, and it’s also strong enough for use with small above-ground pools as well. When you need a little filtration that can last you for several years to come, you can’t go wrong choosing a product from the well-recognized Intex company.
- Although this is a smaller pool pump and filter setup, it doesn’t make a lot of noise and won’t be an annoyance.
- This is a low-cost product that’s great for shoppers on a budget.
- The included hoses and fittings can be used with or adapted for use with just about any existing pool hardware.
- This filter and pump system has been known to get clogged up easily with frequent use.
- The filter system only has an on/off switch and doesn’t come with extra settings for cleanup and maintenance.
- The filter doesn’t come with a timer to control cycles.
3. Waterway Plastics 50 Sq. Feet Complete Cartridge Above Ground Pool Filter System
The Waterway Plastics 50 Sq. Feet Complete Cartridge Above Ground Pool Filter System is an excellent option for any pool owner looking to upgrade from a default filter that came with a pool box set. This filter is durable and powerful, and it can be used for several years before you’ll need to worry about replacing it or repairing any broken pieces. It comes with all the parts required to put it together easily, and whether you’ve had experience with a pool filter in the past or not, you should have no trouble getting to know this new pool pump and filter very quickly.
- This system comes with a very strong pump that provides excellent suction for your pool.
- The system is very easy to install even without prior pool filter experience.
- It’s easy to find replacement parts and cartridges for this filter system online or in your local pool store.
- This product doesn’t come from one of the more recognized brand names in the pool filter market, although this may not be a problem for every pool owner.
- The filter top has been known to develop leaks very quickly after installation.
- The connectors between the pieces are difficult to screw tightly into place and may develop leaks quickly as well.
4. Above Ground Filter Pump Unit Complete with All Fittings
When you want to purchase a durable, powerful pool filter but you don’t need anything too extreme for your small to mid-size above-ground pool, this Above Ground Filter Pump Unit Complete with All Fittings is sure to be exactly what you’re looking for. This great filter comes with a 1.5 HP pump, which is much stronger than the pumps that come with many of the cartridge filters listed here. It includes a 75-square foot cartridge filter as well, which falls right in the mid-range of most pool filters. When you put these two together, you can get years of incredible pool filtration without having to worry about whether or not your filter system is catching everything.
- This filter is very easy to modify to suit your needs, whether you’re looking for a bypass valve or a backwash option.
- The filter system comes with everything you need to set it up right out of the box.
- The filter can clean up your swimming pool in just a few hours after getting it put together and installed.
- This is an off-brand product, so if you’re looking for a name-brand filter, you might want to choose something different.
- The filter doesn’t come with a timer, so you’ll need to purchase one separately if you want to use one.
- The filter cord is not as long as some others listed here, which may make placement difficult in some cases.
5. Hayward CC15093S Xstream Full-Flo 150 Square Foot 1.5 Horsepower Filtration Filter
It’s no secret that Hayward brand swimming pool filter products are some of the best of the best, and when you have one installed, you’re sure to enjoy even cleaner pool water than you ever could have imagined. With the Hayward CC15093S Xstream Full-Flo 150 Square Foot 1.5 Horsepower Filtration Filter to help you clean up your swimming pool, you’re sure to enjoy countless summers of relaxation and crystal clear water. This filter system is built to last for a long time even when exposed to the elements, and it’s designed to withstand years of use as part of your above-ground pool setup.
- This is a popular product from a well-known company, so you can expect a certain level of quality from this filter system.
- It only takes a couple of hours to set up this filter and let it cycle through enough to clean just about any swimming pool.
- This filter can handle a lot of hard water and other contaminants with no trouble.
- If you want to use a timer with this filter system, you’ll need to purchase it separately.
- You will need to replace the O-ring on the lid every few months, as it will expand and be too loose to form a good seal.
- The included hoses have been known to crack and develop leaks quickly after installation.
6. Pentair PNCC0100OE1160 Clean and Clear Above Ground Cartridge Pool and Spa Filter System
Are you looking for a high-end cartridge filter system that can give you almost as much filtration as a more expensive sand or DE filter could? If so, you might want to choose the Pentair PNCC0100OE1160 Clean and Clear Above Ground Cartridge Pool and Spa Filter System. This excellent filter system is very durable, strong, and powerful enough to handle just about anything your pool might throw its way. It’s designed to withstand plenty of exposure to the elements as well as to harsh pool treatment chemicals, and it’s sure to be an important part of your pool setup for many years to come. When you go with this product, you’ll get all the benefits of working with Pentair and then some.
- The coreless cartridge media that this filter uses is very easy to clean and doesn’t cost too much to purchase over time, either.
- The filter pump comes with a built-in sight glass to help make it easy to tell when it’s time to clean the pump.
- The molded base is very durable and resistant to rust and corrosion.
- This cartridge system is a little more expensive than many of the others listed here.
- The pressure gauge that comes with this filter has been known to arrive broken.
- You may need to replace the O-rings on the tank lid several times throughout the life of your filter.
7. Sta-Rite S7M120 System:3 Modular Media SM Series Pool Filter
There are a lot of big names in the world of swimming pool filters, but Pentair’s Sta-Rite line is one of the most popular. This excellent line of durable products is built for both commercial and residential use, so no matter how big or small your pool might be, you can easily find a filter that suits your needs and goes above and beyond, too. The Sta-Rite S7M120 System:3 Modular Media SM Series Pool Filter is a powerful little two-piece filter that can handle a very large swimming pool with no trouble. Install one today and see what a difference it can make in the quality of your pool’s water.
- This filter comes with the clamps and all necessary pieces to put it in place right out of the box.
- It’s very easy to put this filter together and set it up right away even if you don’t have prior experience.
- For a cartridge filter, this is a very expensive product that may be too pricey for some pool owners.
- Over time, direct sunlight may cause the filter to get brittle and break much more easily.
- This filter doesn’t come with a pump, which will be an extra expense unless you have an appropriate one already in place.
Best Sand Filter System
While sand filters are a little more expensive than cartridge style filters, they also tend to provide more thorough filtration overall. These filters are growing in popularity all the time, whether for pool use or with hot tubs. When you need to get your water even cleaner than you ever could have imagined and you want to cut back on the amount of maintenance required to keep your pool up and running without any trouble, a sand filter can help you get just what you’re looking for. Best of all, they’re available in plenty of different sizes to help you find the perfect option for your pool. Choose from our list below to find the best pool sand filter system for your needs.
8. XtremepowerUS 2640GPH 13” Sand Filter with ¾ Digital Programmer Above Ground Pump
Are you looking for a way to upgrade your boxed pool set’s default filter? If so, the XtremepowerUS 2640GPH 13” Sand Filter with ¾ Digital Programmer Above Ground Pump may be just the solution you’re looking for! Although this isn’t a name-brand product, it nevertheless provides plenty of filtration to the right size of swimming pools with no issues. Best of all, this pool pump sand filter setup is very affordable and comes with everything you need to get started except for the sand. When your pool needs a good cleaning and you don’t know where else to turn, this affordable filter system can help you save the day.
- This is a very low-cost sand filter system that’s sure to be a great choice for anyone looking for a new filter on a budget.
- The included hoses and cords are easy to adapt to any existing pool hardware.
- This filter is strong enough for most small to medium above-ground pools as well as pop-up pools.
- This filter system may not last as long as many of the others listed here.
- There are no directions included, so you’ll need to look online to see how to install this filter if you don’t have prior experience.
- Keeping up the pressure inside the tank may be difficult with this filter system.
9. Sand Master Soft Sided Above Ground Pool Sand Filter System
Although the Sand Master Soft Sided Above Ground Pool Sand Filter System doesn’t come from a popular brand name, you can’t go wrong by bringing it home and making it a part of your pool setup today. This filter is small, so it might not be strong enough for very large or in-ground pools, but if you have a small to medium pool that needs a little extra help in terms of filtration, this easy-to-use filter is ready and waiting to help you make that happen. This is the most affordable sand filter system on the list, and it comes with all the hoses, cords, and hookups needed to get you started with clean, clear water right away.
- This swimming pool sand filter pump is very quiet and won’t be annoying.
- It only takes a couple of minutes to backwash this filter properly when the time comes.
- This filter system is very easy to put together and install in just a short amount of time without any additional help.
- The included directions may be difficult to understand, although the setup is fairly easy regardless.
- In some instances, the filter has arrived with some parts missing from the box.
- Rarely, the filter may cause sand to wash back into the swimming pool.
10. GAME Complete 0.5HP Replacement Pool Sand Filter Unit
Purchase the GAME Complete 0.5HP Replacement Pool Sand Filter Unit when you want to bring home all the incredible benefits of a sand filter without spending too much money. This is an excellent budget sand filter, and best of all, it comes with a lot of bells and whistles to make operating and cleaning it easier than ever before. It’s intended for use with just about any above-ground pool, and it’s designed to replace some of the popular Intex products on the market today. It comes with a pressure gauge as well as a four-position multiport valve to help you keep things clean and functioning properly for years to come.
- This filter and pump are both very quiet and won’t be an annoyance during your days spent by the swimming pool.
- It’s very simple to backwash this filter in only a few minutes.
- The filter comes with a prefilter that will catch insects, large debris, and leaves that make their way into the pool before they ever reach your filter.
- This is not a name-brand product, although it’s designed to be interchangeable with certain models of Intex products.
- If you want a bypass valve or a timer, you will have to install these on your own.
- The pressure gauge tends to fill with water and condensation fairly easily and will need to be replaced.
11. 4500GPH 19” Sand Filter with 1 HP Above Ground Swimming Pool Pump
The 4500GPH 19” Sand Filter with 1 HP Above Ground Swimming Pool Pump is a large and durable off-brand sand filter that can give you tons of power and years of great use without any trouble. This filter comes with an included 1 HP pump, which is strong enough to handle most swimming pools with ease. Although this filter isn’t intended for in-ground pool use, it can handle just about anything when it comes to above-ground pools. Fill it up with 175 pounds of sand and just sit back and relax. Other than regular backwashing, you won’t have to worry about any other maintenance for a long time to come.
- The included pump is self-priming as long as the filter is positioned correctly along with your swimming pool.
- The system comes with everything you need to set it up, including hoses and power cords.
- The included base is sturdy, durable, and built to last.
- This is an off-brand product, so some pool owners may be hesitant to purchase it.
- It can be very difficult to clean and maintain this filter due to its design.
- The included clamps for the lid aren’t strong enough to be used more than a few times without weakening.
12. Hayward VL40T32 VL Series Top-Mount Sand Filter System
If you have a smaller swimming pool and you’re looking to upgrade to a sand filter from a cartridge style filter, the Hayward VL40T32 VL Series Top-Mount Sand Filter System could be just what you need to make the jump to an improved system. This filter system includes the pump and filter tank as well as hoses, adapters, and a power cord. All you’ll have to do is purchase the sand and install the filter before you’ll be able to enjoy excellent clean water all summer long. This product comes from the Hayward company, which assures you of a certain level of quality and great customer service, too.
- This is a low-cost product that comes in well under budget for many pool owners.
- With the right adapters, you can potentially use this filter system for pop-up pools, although it’s intended for above-ground pools.
- Once you have this filter installed, you’ll get several years of use out of it before you need to worry about cleaning or replacing the sand.
- This filter system is not very big, and it’s only large enough to handle smaller pools under 14 feet.
- This filter system isn’t meant for use with in-ground pools.
- The system doesn’t have a power switch, so if you want to shut it off you’ll need to unplug it rather than flipping a switch.
13. Hayward S144T1540S Pro Series Top-Mount Sand Filter 14-Inch
Are you looking for a low-cost sand filter system to help you get started with an upgrade from a traditional cartridge filter system? Do you need a sand filter that’s big enough to handle a larger swimmer load but small enough that you’re not severely overdoing it when you have it installed? If you’re in need of an excellent mid-size pool filter that won’t cost too much to install, look no further than the Hayward S144T1540S Pro Series Top-Mount Sand Filter 14-Inch. This setup comes with everything it takes to put it together and have it filtering your water perfectly in just a short amount of time. You’ll never look back once you have it installed!
- This is a very easy-to-use filter that’s simple to install and set up even without previous experience.
- The top diffuser design makes the sand inside last a lot longer by evenly disbursing the water over the filter media.
- The included multiport valve features seven positions to allow you to clean your pool in a snap.
- The filter tank has been known to develop leaks around the screws.
- The O-ring and other connectors will need to be replaced over time to prevent leakage.
- The motor shaft has been known to rust quickly inside the filter pump without proper maintenance.
14. Hayward S180T92S Pro Series 18-Inch 1-Horsepower Top-Mount Sand Filter
The Hayward S180T92S Pro Series 18-Inch 1-Horsepower Top-Mount Sand Filter is one of the most popular sand filter options on the market, and for good reason. This filter system comes with everything you need to get it set up easily and quickly, and in no time, you’re sure to see a difference in the quality of your swimming pool water. This product, made by the popular Hayward company, brings customers back time and time again when they’re looking for a sand filter setup that’s going to last for many years to come. With this filter as part of your pool setup, you’ll be swimming in clean water indefinitely!
- This filter is available in either a 16-inch tank or an 18-inch tank to help give you all the filtration power you need.
- The molded base that comes with this filter system is easy to place and built to hold your filter safely for a long time.
- The included multiport valve has seven positions to make cleanup and maintenance very easy.
- The drain valve and lid gasket both may develop leaks and need to have parts replaced fairly quickly.
- The air relief valve may become brittle and break over time.
- The sight glass has been known to arrive cracked or broken from shipping.
Best Diatomaceous Earth Filter System (DE Filter)
diatomaceous earth swimming pool filter systems are generally more expensive than either of the other types of filters available, but they’re also more powerful in the long run. They utilize a system of internal grid manifolds that are coated with diatomaceous earth to provide incredible filtration of even the dirtiest and most contaminated water. Although some people prefer not to use these filters because backwashing them introduces contaminated DE into the environment and into the surrounding groundwater, many companies are working to create more eco-friendly DE filters that can give pool owners the best of both worlds.
15. Waterway Plastics FDS441027-3BD DE Filter System
If you’re looking for a great low-cost DE pool filter system that will give you everything you need without costing a fortune to get it, the Waterway Plastics FDS441027-3BD DE Filter System is an excellent place to get started. This filter setup comes with the filter tank, pump, hoses, connectors, and plug, so all you’ll have to do is fill it with DE and let it cycle once before it will be ready for you to use. Although this product might not be as popular as some of the other DE filters listed here, it nevertheless can provide you with plenty of incredible years of clean, clear swimming pool water.
- This filter is designed for easy access and simple cleaning and maintenance when the time comes.
- The filter doesn’t require too much DE to get started, which will help you save money on the setup.
- You can easily tell when it’s time to clean the pump by looking inside the clear lid on the skimmer basket.
- This product isn’t made by a well-known company, which may put off some buyers.
- The included pump is only 1 HP, which is strong enough for most above-ground pools but may not be powerful enough for an in-ground pool.
- The included hoses have been known to break and crack easily, causing leaks.
16. Hayward EC40C91S Perflex ¾-Horsepower Extended Cycle DE Filter System
Are you looking for one of the most popular DE filter systems available today? If so, look no further than the Hayward EC40C91S Perflex ¾-Horsepower Extended Cycle DE Filter System. This setup remains a very common choice among pool filter owners, especially because it comes from the trustworthy Hayward company. It’s generally considered an excellent alternative to larger and more expensive DE filter systems, so whether you’re upgrading to DE for the first time or just looking for a smaller and more easy-to-use option than the filter you already have in place, give this one a try and see for yourself why it’s such a popular choice.
- Because this filter doesn’t require as much backwashing, it’s a more environmentally friendly DE filter.
- The filter comes with a strong enough pump to handle small to mid-sized above-ground pools with ease.
- This is a smaller filter that won’t require a lot of expensive DE to operate it.
- There isn’t a multiport valve as part of this setup, so you don’t have a lot of cleaning and maintenance options for this filter.
- The filter doesn’t come with a timer, and you’ll need to purchase one extra if you plan to use it with your setup.
- The included attachments and couplings may be too large for your existing pool hardware in some cases.
17. Pentair PNEC0060OE2260 EasyClean Above Ground Pool and Spa DE Filter System
The Pentair PNEC0060OE2260 EasyClean Above Ground Pool and Spa DE Filter System is a unique diatomaceous earth filter setup that also includes cartridges in its design. This filter is built with a removable inner cartridge system that is used in place of the traditional DE filter grids. When the filter is on, the cartridge is coated with the DE filter media just like grids would be ordinarily. This makes cleanup even easier and makes replacing damaged inner pieces a much simpler task as well. When your cartridge needs to be changed, it’s much easier to take care of this than it is to replace grids.
- This filter automatically regenerates the DE inside the tank when it’s in its off cycle, which cuts back on the amount of maintenance you have to worry about.
- The system comes with everything you need to set it up right out of the box, except for the DE itself.
- It’s very easy to remove the lid to the tank as well as to the pump when it’s time to clean the filter system.
- Because of the cartridge system, this filter may cause you to incur more expenses over time than other DE filters might.
- The filter has been known to arrive with the air relief valve or pressure gauge broken during transit.
- Over time, the O-ring sealing the gasket on the filter tank lid will wear out and need to be replaced.
18. Waterway Plastics 520-5037-6S DE Filter for Above Ground Pools
The Waterway Plastics 520-5037-6S DE Filter for Above Ground Pools is a great filter setup that can help you get started if you’ve never had a DE filter before. Although it might not be powerful enough to be seen as an upgrade from an existing DE filter system, it can give you a great starting point when you’re making the switch from cartridge style or sand filters. This setup comes with the filter tank, a small pump, two hoses, and all the fittings you need to put it together right out of the box. While you’ll need to purchase diatomaceous earth to fill it with, you shouldn’t have any other expenses right away with this great product.
- The filter is large enough to handle a bigger pool well but small enough for use with pools that don’t see a ton of swimmers too.
- The easy-open design of this filter tank makes regular cleaning a breeze.
- The pump includes a see-through lid that lets you know when it’s time to clean out the skimmer basket.
- The power cord may be too short for adequate and proper placement of this filter system, depending on the layout of your yard.
- This filter isn’t designed for use with pop-up pools or with in-ground pools.
- This filter doesn’t come from a well-known brand name, which put off some potential buyers.
19. Pentair Sta-Rite SRPLD050OE1260 Above Ground DE Filter System
If you’re looking for an excellent mid-range diatomaceous earth filter with a pump included that can help you improve the quality of your pool water in no time, check out the Pentair Sta-Rite SRPLD050OE1260 Above Ground DE Filter System. This is a great product from a well-known company that can provide you with tons of great filtration all summer (or all year) long. It comes packaged with a 1-HP pump that’s strong enough for any above-ground pool system and even tough enough to handle smaller in-ground pools, too. When you want to break into the world of DE filter systems, this is a great place to get started.
- The tank lid features an easy-open design that can make maintenance much quicker and easier for you.
- This setup comes with everything you need to get started, including all the valves, hoses, and cords required.
- This filter system comes from Pentair, which is a good company with a great history of providing excellent customer service.
- The included power cord may be too short for easy placement around the swimming pool.
- This filter system has been known to arrive with the pressure gauge broken during shipping.
- It may be difficult to get the lid of the filter tank on tightly with a good seal, especially the first time you try.
20. Hayward EC75 Extended Cycle DE In Ground Pool Filter System
If you’ve been shopping for pool filters much at all, you’ve probably come across the Hayward name already. And you’re probably aware, too, that when you purchase a Hayward product, you’re getting something that tends to stand above the rest in terms of quality and customer support. With the Hayward EC75 Extended Cycle DE In Ground Pool Filter System, you’ll get all the great benefits you’ve come to expect from the Hayward company as well as the excellent qualities of a DE pool filter all rolled into one. Pick up this filter and use it on your mid-size to large in-ground swimming pool, and you’ll soon see for yourself what brings customers back again and again to this great company and its good products.
- This filter only requires 7 pounds of DE to get started, which means you can save money on having to purchase a lot of filter media at once.
- The filter and pump come packaged together to give you just the right amount of filtration and power for your pool.
- The filter system is made from durable material that can stand up to years of use with no trouble.
- This filter is too strong for use with above-ground or pop-up swimming pools and is only meant for in-ground use.
- It may take a little time to get used to the cleaning and maintenance required for this model of pool filter.
- In some instances, the internal grids have known to become damaged easily.
21. Pentair FNS Plus 48 Square Foot Fiberglass In Ground DE Pool Filter System
Do you have a large pool that requires a very powerful filter? Do you find yourself trying filter after filter without seeing the kind of results you’re really look for? With the Pentair FNS Plus 48 Square Foot Fiberglass In Ground DE Pool Filter System, you’ll be able to clean your water like you never thought possible. This incredible DE filter can handle a lot of water at once and a huge swimmer load without any trouble, and it’s sure to stick around and be a part of your pool setup for a very long time to come. If you’ve got a big in-ground pool and can’t seem to get it clean enough to your liking, give this filter a try and you won’t be disappointed.
- This filter system comes with the tank and pump both, so you’ll have almost everything you need to get started.
- The filter includes a six-way multiport valve on the side of the system that makes cleanup and access even easier.
- You can easily access the grids one at a time to clean and maintain them instead of having to remove the inner manifolds all at once.
- This is a very expensive filter system that costs much more than most of the other DE filters on the market.
- This filter may be more complicated to install than some of the others listed here.
- The multiport valve replacement piece may be difficult to find if yours happens to break.
There are a lot of incredible pool filter systems out there, and finding the right one for your pool may be as easy as choosing one that matches your specifications or as difficult as choosing between ten or more great options. Although it might be difficult to narrow down your choices, our recommendations should help you get started on the path toward finding the perfect filtration for your needs.
Remember that there’s no reason why you can’t get a great experience from any type of filter, and even if your neighbor has one style and your family member has another, you might have the best results from a completely different type of filter. Don’t be afraid to shop around and see which one suits your needs and preferences the best.
If you’re looking for our number one recommendations for each type of filter, you’re in luck. We just happen to have a favorite choice in each category.
- Cartridge Filter: For cartridge filters, we suggest going with the Pentair PNCC0100OE1160 Clean and Clear Above Ground Cartridge Pool and Spa Filter System. This is a more expensive cartridge setup than many of the others on our list, but it’s also a lot more powerful and it’s sure to hold up for much longer than many of the others. When you want a cartridge filter that isn’t going to need to be replaced anytime soon, this is an excellent choice.
- Sand Filter: When choosing a sand filter, you can’t go wrong with the Hayward S180T92S Pro Series 18-Inch 1-Horsepower Top-Mount Sand Filter. This product has everything you could ask for in a sand filter and more. Whether you’ve had a sand filter previously or you’re going to experience this type of filtration for the first time, this user-friendly filter system is sure to be just what you need.
- DE Filter: We recommend the Hayward EC40C91S Perflex ¾-Horsepower Extended Cycle DE Filter System if you’re looking for a great DE filter. This is a perfect upgrade for anyone who has never worked with DE before, but it can also replace an old or outdated DE filter with a lot of power and a more environmentally friendly design, too. Best of all, it doesn’t take a lot of DE to get it started.
Although these are the filters we think are the top of the line, you can’t go wrong choosing any of the ones listed above.
Pick your favorite filter, get your filter media in place, and get ready to enjoy a season of comfortable, safe, happy swimming!