15 Best Water Purifier Pitcher Products For Your Home
Have you been concerned about the safety of your drinking water?
Does your drinking water smell or taste like chlorine? Do you end up drinking less water because you don’t like its taste?
Are you worried about any harmful metals in the water that could potentially be affecting your health?
Have you thought of investing in a simple water purifying device that is easy to install and operate, but not sure which one to buy?
If you said yes to any of the above, you could find all the answers in this article.
We’ll tell you about the way a water purifier pitcher works, the benefits it has on your health, and also how you can select the water purifier pitcher that will suit your needs the most. Also, we will give you a huge list of some of the best water purifier pitchers that you can easily purchase online, and give you an in-depth review of the pros and cons of each.
So if you’re looking to choose the water purifier pitcher that will work best for you and your family, or maybe even at your workplace, read on.
SPOILER ALERT... Here are our FAVORITE PICKS:
Last update on 2018-05-23 at 16:45 Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
What Is A Water Purifier Pitcher?
A pitcher is a container that is used to store water and has a spout to make it easier to pour out the contents. A water purifier pitcher is a type of water filtration device that makes it easier for you to get instant access to clean water that also tastes great!
The main aim of a water purifier pitcher is to remove any harmful contaminants that may be present in the water and give you the cleanest and purest form of water that you can drink.
One thing to remember is that a water purifier pitcher will not be able to take out any biological contaminants. These refer to the different types of organisms that may be present in the water, such as microbes and so on. The good thing about a water purifier pitcher is that it can be used on any type of tap water that has been cleared by your local municipal authority.
How Does It Clean The Water?
A water purifier pitcher is fitted with a disposable cartridge. These cartridges usually come with a combination of ion exchange resins, as well as activated carbon. Together, the carbon and the ion use a process known as adsorption, that helps to remove all the contaminants as well as various other impurities that may still be present in your drinking water.
Here is how the combination of activated carbons and ion exchange in the water purifier pitcher helps to clean the water.
- An ion exchange resin helps in the process of ion exchange. It is a type of water treatment process in which the contaminants that are present in the water are removed and exchanged with some other substance that is not a contaminant.
- Activated carbon is a type of charcoal that you get after a heating process, or after treating it with some form of adsorptive power. Just like the ion exchange resin, it also helps in taking out contaminants that may be present in your drinking water. The activated carbon method uses a chemical absorption process and is extremely effective in taking out chlorine, volatile organic compounds (VOCs) as well as sediment deposits from the water. It can also help to remove any prominent taste or smell from the water.
- The carbon filters can significantly bring down the levels of copper, mercury, zinc and even cadmium that is present in your water. In addition, if there are any traces of pesticides or any type of man-made or pharmaceutical contaminants present in the water, they can help to remove those as well.
However, remember that while a water purifier pitcher can help to take away a lot of the contaminants, it cannot turn hard water into soft water. Also, in case there is any presence of lead in the water, a water purifier pitcher may not be able to remove it.
7 Benefits Of Choosing A Water Purifying Pitcher Over Other Filtration Systems
A water purifying pitcher comes with a host of benefits when it comes to choosing the right type of water filtration system. Here are 7 benefits you can get when you choose a water purifying pitcher over any other water filtration system.
1. Not Too Expensive
- A water purifying pitcher is a relatively cheaper alternative when you compare it with a lot of other water filtration devices that are available in the market. Because of this, it can be a great choice when you want immediate access to clean drinking water, but do not want to spend a lot.
- Most of the water purifying pitchers that are available online easily fall within a low to mid-range of pricing and will not require too much on maintenance cost. As these come with refillable cartridges, you can easily go for a bigger pack that you can use over the next few months and years, without the need to actually change the device itself. When you compare the cost of these water purifying methods to that of other filtration devices, you will find that the prices are significantly reduced.
2. May help those suffering from acid reflux
- Some of the latest and most advanced models of water purifying pitchers are now coming with a technology that allows them to change the pH level of the water. This means that it helps to make your drinking water more alkaline and is especially good for those who may be suffering from acid reflux.
- Drinking water that has a high pH level can destroy a type of enzyme known as pepsin. This is the enzyme that is responsible for breaking down the protein in your food but can also often lead to acid reflux. However, if you are already suffering from a lot of acid reflux issues, drinking water with a higher pH level may not be as effective as it may be for someone who does not suffer from too much of acid reflux issues. In such a case, it is best to speak to your doctor and understand what else you can do along with drinking this water, so that you get the benefits that drinking water from a water purifier pitcher can give you.
3. High pH Level In Water May Help Control Blood Pressure Levels
- While it is not yet a very proven theory, there are a lot of studies that are talking about how drinking water with a high pH level may help to keep your blood pressure levels in control. One thing to remember is that, according to these studies, the effects of drinking water that has a higher level of pH may not show immediate results. It will usually take about three to six months for you to see any noticeable difference in your blood pressure levels, after you start drinking this type of water.
- Another thing you have to remember here is that the pH level of water should not be more than 8 or 9. If it goes beyond that, it can also have negative effects on your overall health, rather than just having positive effects. In addition, if you are already suffering from high blood pressure, simply drinking water with a higher pH level will not be able to take care of the problem, and you should consult your doctor about the required medication.
4. Will Remove Contaminants While Keeping Most Essential Minerals Intact
- A lot of water purifying devices help to remove the contaminants that are present in the water. But in the process, these devices also end up removing a lot of essential minerals that are important for your overall health. This means that while you surely benefit from the absence of the contaminants and impurities, you end up getting water that has been stripped of its natural goodness.
- In case of water purifier pitchers, most of the essential minerals that make drinking water a healthy option for you are still present in the water. While it is true that this type of water filtration device will not be able to remove all contaminants and impurities, such as lead or chemically created contaminants that are mixed in the water, it will certainly remove other impurities and chlorine.
5. Does Not Eat Up On Your Electricity Consumption
- If you want to compare between using the water purifier pitcher or the distilled water device, you will see that there is a sharp difference in the amount of electricity that is used in both the methods. In case of the distillation process, a lot of heat is required to first turn the water into steam. Once the steam is created, it gets collected in a cooling chamber. Here, the steam again turns into its previous liquid form. The impurities and contaminants present in this liquid are then removed to give clean distilled water. However, the entire process takes up a lot of electricity consumption. This may not be the best option for you, if you want to use it on a regular or daily basis at home.
- The water purifier pitcher does not function on electricity, but you require batteries to operate it. With proper maintenance, you can definitely increase the life of the batteries so that your expenses stay to a minimum.
6. Does Not Waste Any Water
- A lot of other water filtration devices, such as the reverse osmosis (RO) filtration technique, end up wasting more water than you actually get for drinking. The main reason behind this is that the RO filter devices use a type of activated charcoal filter that helps to remove the chlorine, but in the process also ends up wasting a large amount of the total water available. For every glass of clean and delicious water that you get, you also waste several glasses of water. This may not be such a good choice when you realize that you end up wasting so much water every single day.
- When you choose to use a water purifier pitcher, you will hardly waste any water. This is a good thing because when there is no wastage, you can make the most of the drinking water that you get and turn it into clean and nice tasting water.
7. Overall Health Benefits
- Chlorine, which is found in many types of drinking water, can cause a host of health problems. While some amount of chlorine is good for your body, being exposed to it every day through your drinking water can be potentially dangerous in the long run. When you have chlorinated drinking water over a long period of time, it can produce free radicals in your body. These are carcinogenic, which means that they can increase your risk of getting cancer.
- Water purifier pitchers help to remove excess chlorine from the water without taking away essential minerals. This means that while the harmful substance is removed, you are not deprived of the minerals your body requires. Many other water filtration devices end up removing essential minerals along with chlorine. Some such types of cancer that happen as a result of chlorine exposure are rectal cancer, bladder cancer and even colon cancer.
Why Is A Water Purifier Pitcher Better Than Using Bottled Drinking Water?
There are quite a few reasons why using a water purifier pitcher is a better choice than using bottled drinking water.
Till recently, more and more people were vouching for drinking bottled water because it was considered to be the healthiest option. However, there are also a lot of negative points that are associated with drinking bottled water. Take a look.
- One of the biggest concern that is raised about regularly drinking bottled water is the fact that this water is essentially always stored in plastic. No matter how safe the plastic of the bottle is deemed to be, it does have some amount of chemical. When water is stored in it for a long time, some amount of the chemical can seep into the drinking water itself, and make its way into your body when you drink it.
- Most of the water that you find in packaged bottles is actually regular tap water. Also, most of the time, the brands are not required to show the source of origin on the label, so you have no way of knowing where your bottled drinking water is actually coming from.
- The cost of having bottled drinking water on a regular basis can be really high, and definitely not a sensible choice if you are looking for a more cost-effective and economical method. On the other hand, when you decide to go for a water purifier pitcher, you only have to invest in it once, and most of the times there is no other cost of getting pure water each time you want to drink water.
- Each bottle of water that you drink and throw away contributes to the enormous amount of waste that we are creating. Did you know that it takes about 450 years for a single bottle of packaged drinking water to decompose completely? While the exact amount of years taken will definitely vary depending on the type of plastic used, 450 years is the average. On the other hand, all you have to do with your water purifier pitcher is to install it in your home or workplace, and use the same device over months and years to get clean and great tasting drinking water, without creating any extra wastage!
15 Awesome Water Purifier Pitchers You Can Buy Online
Once you decide to buy a purified water pitcher, it is important to understand the various features each comes with. Here, we bring to you a list of the 15 best water purifier pitchers that you can buy online. Take a look at the features and the price range, so that you have a better idea of which one will work the best for your needs.
1. BWT Water Filter Pitcher, Arctic White
The No products found. comes with the unique and patented BWT Magnesium technology. This helps to reduce the chlorine to a significant amount. In addition, this particular technology also works on the water to help in reducing and removing as much as possible any type of heavy metals or substances that could lead to scale formation. The BWT Magnesium technology is also very effective in mineralizing the water with magnesium, which your body needs for overall health. This helps to bring a fresh taste to your drinking water, making it taste as natural and pure as you can get.
Not only will it taste great for drinking, you can also add this to your coffee or tea. The enhanced magnesium levels in the water as a result of the BWT Magnesium technology will help to add a creamy taste and texture to your beverage! Another good thing about this water filter pitcher is that you do not have to do any pre-soaking in order to activate the filter. The silver elements present in this water filter pitcher give you an added protection from microbes, and also help to increase the life of the filter. Also, the ingredients in the filter will not settle down at the bottom, and this will improve efficiency.
- Unique and patented BWT Magnesium technology reduces chlorine.
- Reduces and removes heavy metals or substances that could lead to scale formation.
- Mineralizes the water with magnesium and promotes overall health.
- Gives a fresh taste to your drinking water and encourages you to drink more water. This is a great way to keep you hydrated and to boost your digestive health. Drinking water also helps to improve the health of your skin and hair and can delay the signs of early ageing.
- Works great in your coffee and tea and adds a creamy taste and texture.
- No pre-soaking required in order to activate the filter.
- Contains silver elements that come with anti-microbial features and will help you stay protected against microbial infections.
- The silver elements also increase the life of the filter.
- The ingredients in the filter do not settle down at the bottom and help to improve efficiency.
- The display may not always work properly and you have to remember to change the filter.
- The filters may need restocking after a year when you have to repurchase.
2. Brita 10 Cup Everyday Water Pitcher With 1 Filter, BPA Free
No products found. comes with 1 filter, which is extremely easy to use. This is one of the largest models of water pitcher from the brand Brita, and can help you get enough pure and great tasting water every day for your entire family. The filter is BPA free which means that it is an added advantage for your overall health. It helps to remove traces of chlorine from your drinking water and gives it that delicious and refreshing taste that will encourage you to drink more water. In addition to chlorine, it also helps to remove and reduce any traces of zinc, cadmium, copper, calcium and such that are often present in the regular tap water that you use for drinking.
The water pitcher is designed in such a way that it will easily fit into most of the refrigerator doors to give you easy access and convenience. The brand recommends that you change the filter every 2 months, or after you have used up about 40 gallons of water.
- The filter is extremely easy to use and does not contain BPA.
- Gives you enough pure and great tasting water every day that will work for your entire family.
- Removes traces of chlorine and adds a delicious and refreshing taste to your drinking water. This will encourage you to drink more water and is good for your overall health and will also keep you hydrated.
- It also removes and reduces zinc, copper, cadmium and calcium that are often found in the regular tap water that you may use for drinking.
- Easily fits into most refrigerator doors to give you easy access and convenience. Takes up less space.
- Even though this pitcher is the largest model that the brand has, it is not as heavy as a lot of other water purifier pitchers. This makes it easier to use and pour out of.
- This water filter pitcher is priced on the higher side.
- It is recommended to change the filter every 2 months or after you have used up about 40 gallons of water. This can be an expensive addition to the cost. It does not come with a reminder to change the filter.
- May have to change the filter even more frequently if there are more contaminants present in the water. This becomes obvious when there is a distinct and sudden change in the taste of water that you get after it is filtered through the pitcher.
- The handle of the pitcher might feel a little inconvenient to some users.
- Once you fill the top of the pitcher, you have to wait for it to filter before you can use the water.
3. CamelBak Relay Pitcher
The CamelBak Relay Pitcher is designed in such a way that it gives you ease of access and convenience. The slim design of the product will help you fit it even in smaller spaces and is a great fit in most refrigerator doors. The filter of the water purifier pitcher is durable and does not contain BPA, which is good for your overall health. The CamelBack Relay Pitcher also has the advantage of a double filter technology. This means that you get access to clean and great tasting water as fast as you would get it if you were drinking water directly out of a tap.
Another great thing about the CamelBak Relay Pitcher is that it comes with a spill proof locking lid. This helps to prevent any mess and wastage and is easier for you to use. Also, a great plus point about this particular water purifier pitcher is that it comes with a filter replacement dial, which will remind you when you need to replace the filter, so that you continue to get fresh and clean water. The pitcher is very easy to clean and you can also use it in the dishwasher. And the best part? It comes with a lifetime guarantee as part of the CamelBak’s Got Your Back Lifetime Guarantee!
- Slim design can help it fit even in small spaces and is a great fit in most refrigerator doors.
- Filter is durable and does not contain BPA. It comes with a double filter technology to give you instant access to clean and great tasting water, as fast as drinking water from a tap.
- The spill proof locking lid helps to prevent mess and wastage and is easier to use. Will not pop open when you are pouring out water.
- The filter replacement dial reminds you when you need to replace the filter. The filters work for a very long time and are not too expensive when you need to repurchase. It also has a level indicator that tells you when to stop filling water.
- Easy to clean and safe for the dishwasher. Can remove all parts for thorough cleaning.
- Comes with a lifetime guarantee.
- Removes traces of chlorine and gives you great tasting water. Encourages you to drink more water which helps you stay hydrated. Overall boost for your digestive system as well as improves skin and hair health. Delays premature signs of ageing.
- Reduces and removes only chlorine and no other minerals or contaminants.
4. PUR CR-6000 7-Cup Water Filtration Pitcher
The PUR CR-6000 Water Filtration Pitcher claims to remove almost twice the amount of contaminants present in your drinking water, as compared to the other water purifier pitchers available in the market. The model is designed in such a way that it will make the best use of available space and can easily fit into most of the refrigerators. It comes with a unique and premium water filter which helps to remove almost 95 percent of the mercury that is present in the water, thus helping you stay healthy. In addition to removing mercury, it also reduces and removes traces of chlorine, so that you don’t feel that weird taste in the water and get fresh tasting water that you will love to drink more of. Not just that, it is the only water pitcher filter that has actually been tested, and has been proven to help remove almost 96 percent of the trace levels of pharmaceuticals.
The pur pitcher filter has a capacity to hold up to seven glasses of water, 8 oz. each.
With the PUR CR-600 Water Filtration Pitcher, you can get access to clean and great tasting water for two months at a stretch, without the need for replacing the filter, or can use it for up to 40 gallons of water. In addition to its various advantages, the water filtration pitcher from the PUR brand comes with a limited warranty of 90 days.
- Claims to remove almost twice the amount of contaminants present in your drinking water, compared to other water purifier pitchers.
- Easily fits into most refrigerators. Also fits easily inside a sink so that you can get fresh and tasty water right from the faucet.
- Unique and premium water filter helps to remove almost 95 percent of mercury.
- Does not release any carbon flakes in the pitcher.
- Very expensive.
- The water may take a little longer to filter as compared to some other purifier pitchers that filter really fast.
- It may stop working sometimes, when you will need to throw out the top water and remove the filter. After this, you need to follow step-by-step instructions to make it work again.
5. Clearly Filtered Clean Water Filter Pitcher
The Clearly Filtered Clean Water Filter Pitcher comes with GEN 2 filter that helps to remove up to 98 percent fluoride from your drinking water as well as other heavy metals. It also removes up to 99.99 percent of chlorine that is found in the water, thus taking away that weird taste or smell you may get. The filter is a proprietary of the brand, and can help work on lead as well as other impurities and contaminants. This is an especially great feature, as regular exposure to lead can be extremely dangerous.
The water filter pitcher has a huge water capacity of 100 gallon, which can easily help meet the requirements of the entire family. It is made with recyclable material which is 100 percent non-leaching and does not contain any BPA. The plastic is of medical grade, which means it will not have any harmful effect on the water stored inside. As a customer, one of the best parts is that it comes with a lifetime guarantee, which means that in case your pitcher breaks, the company will replace it at no extra cost.
- Removes up to 98 percent fluoride as well as other heavy metals from water.
- Removes up to 99.99 percent of chlorine.
- Also works on lead as well as other impurities and contaminants.
- Removes the weird taste or smell from water and gives you clean and great tasting water instead. Encourages you to drink more water, stay hydrated and boost your overall health.
- Water capacity of 100 gallon.
- Made with 100 percent non-leaching and BPA free recyclable material.
- Medical grade plastic will not have any harmful effect on the stored water.
- Comes with a lifetime guarantee and replacement free of cost in case the purifier pitcher breaks for any reason.
- May actually be adding back stuff in the water, which goes against how a filter is supposed to work.
- The water starts to turn back to the previous taste after a few weeks of use.
6. ZeroWater 10 Cup Pitcher With Free TDS Meter (Total Dissolved Solids) – ZP - 010
The ZeroWater 10 Cup Pitcher is the only water filter pitcher that has been certified by the NSF to help reduce lead as well as chromium found in drinking water. It comes with a strong 5 stage filtration process that helps to remove almost 99.6 percent of the solids dissolved in water. It uses BPA free plastic, which means there is no added threat of dangers seeping into your drinking water from the plastic used. The water purifier pitcher is very convenient to use, as it has a one-handed spout that works on the ‘push to dispense’ method. This means that you can easily fill up your bottle or cup even when you have just one arm free.
The purifier pitcher comes with a TDS meter which gives you a clear digital recording to know when you have to change the filter. It features a patented Ion Exchange System that gives you water with an almost 000 PPM (parts per million) reading on the TDS meter. It also claims to be the only filtration system that matches the definition of purified bottled water as per the FDA.
- The only water filter pitcher certified by the NSF that reduces lead as well as chromium.
- 5 stage filtration process removes almost 99.6 percent of solids dissolved in water.
- BPA free plastic.
- One-handed spout that works on the ‘push to dispense’ method makes it convenient to use.
- TDS meter tells you when to change the filter.
- Patented Ion Exchange System gives you water with an almost 000 PPM (parts per million).
- Only filtration system that matches the definition of purified bottled water as per the FDA.
- The water might start tasting or smelling acidic after first few weeks.
7. Clear2o CWS100AW Water Filtration Pitcher
The Clear2o CWS100AW Water Filtration Pitcher is made of BPA free material and has a capacity of up to 9 glasses, 8 oz. each. Based on various tests, it reduces almost five times the amount of contaminants created as a result of solid block carbon filtration, as compared to other filtration pitchers. The Intelligent-Filter indicator helps you know exactly when it is time to replace the filter. The quick connect hose as well as the specially designed storage compartment helps you fill the filter fast and with ease. You can easily make it work with a number of faucets by using a simple faucet connector.
- Made of BPA free material.
- Reduces almost five times the amount of contaminants created with solid block carbon filtration as compared to other filtration pitchers.
- Indicator helps you know exactly when it is time to replace the filter.
- Quick connect hose and specially designed storage compartment helps to fill the filter fast and with ease.
- Can be used with a number of faucets by using a simple faucet connector.
- You will need to install an adapter to connect it to your water faucet.
- Not recommended to use with sprayer type faucets in the kitchen.
8. The Alkaline Water Pitcher
The The Alkaline Water Pitcher comes with a 7 stage cartridge system that features ion exchange resin, tourmaline, carbon as well as mineral balls. It is especially effective in reducing and removing traces of chlorine and other heavy metals from your drinking water. In addition, it also removes up to 90 percent of the copper, lead, zinc and other impurities and contaminants that may be present in the water. The end result is clean and fresh tasting water that will encourage you to drink more, thus boosting your overall health. The slim design of the pitcher makes it easy to fit into any refrigerator. It also comes with an easy to fill lid that helps you fill the reservoir without the need to remove the cover. The spout has an Easy Pour Spout design to reduce any spills and mess.
This particular water pitcher has a high negative ORP (oxidation reduction potential) which is a type of measurement that tells you how many contaminants have been oxidized. This can help improve your energy levels and is also good to strengthen your immunity levels. It also boasts of superior antioxidant properties and removes free radicals that may be present in the water. Regular exposure to free radicals can increase the risk of cancer, which means this is a great way to make sure you are safer from the negative effects.
- 7 stage cartridge system with ion exchange resin, tourmaline, carbon as well as mineral balls.
- Reduces and removes traces of chlorine and other heavy metals.
- Removes up to 90 percent of copper, lead, zinc and other impurities and contaminants.
- Clean and fresh tasting water encourages you to drink more and boosts your overall health.
- Easy to fit into any refrigerator.
- Easy Pour Spout design reduces spills.
- Has superior antioxidant properties and removes free radicals, reducing your risk of cancer.
- The filters might have a very distinct and sharp mouldy smell.
9. Soma Sustainable Pitcher & Plant-Based Water Filter
The Soma Sustainable Pitcher & Plant-Based Water Filter is made with plastic that is free from BPA and is shatter proof. It comes with a wooden handle that is made out of sustainable white oak. The filter can hold up to 10 glasses of fresh and filtered water. The lid of the filter is opens automatically, which allows you to fill it easily. It can easily sit on your table as well as fit in any refrigerator.
The filter is made out of coconut shell carbon as well as plant-based casing. It works effectively to remove any traces of chlorine and gives you clear and fresh tasting water that will encourage you to drink more and stay hydrated. The filter is good to be used for about two months, or for a capacity of about 40 gallons of water, after which it should be replaced.
- Made with plastic that is free from BPA and is shatter proof.
- Can hold up to 10 glasses of fresh and filtered water.
- Lid opens automatically to help you fill water easily.
- Filter made of coconut shell carbon as well as plant-based casing.
- Removes traces of chlorine to give clear and fresh tasting water that will encourage you to drink more and stay hydrated.
- Filter can be used for about two months or about 40 gallons of water before replacement.
- Mould may develop around the ring that holds the filter in place.
10. Dragonn Alkaline Water Pitcher
The Dragonn Alkaline Water Pitcher comes with a 7 stage filtration system that will help to increase the pH levels of your drinking water. It uses a multiple stage cartridge that has ion exchange resin, carbon, mineral balls and tourmaline. Together, they help to remove traces of chlorine and make the water smell and taste fresh, encouraging you to drink more water and improve your overall health. In addition, it also helps to reduce and eliminate traces of other heavy metals that may be present in the drinking water, such as lead, copper, zinc and other impurities and contaminants. The filters work for about 60 days, after which they need to be replaced.
The alkaline water helps to remove any free radicals, which lowers your risk of cancer. It also helps to boost the antioxidant count, which gives you more energy and improves your immunity levels. The product is made using BPA free plastic, as well as food grade materials. This means that there is no risk of any toxic chemicals seeping into the water. The pitcher is slim in design which will make the best use of available space and will fit in any refrigerator. The lid is designed in such a way that you can fill up the reservoir without even removing the cover.
- The 7 stage filtration system helps to increase pH levels of water.
- Multiple stage cartridge comes with ion exchange resin, carbon, mineral balls and tourmaline.
- Removes traces of chlorine, makes water smell and taste fresh. Encourages you to drink more water and improve overall health.
- Reduces traces of other heavy metals such as lead, copper, zinc and other impurities and contaminants.
- Removes free radicals and lowers risk of cancer. Boosts antioxidant count, gives more energy and improves immunity levels.
- Made using BPA free plastic and food grade materials.
- Slim design will fit in any refrigerator. Lid allows you to fill the reservoir without removing the cover.
- Filter needs to be replaced after 60 days.
11. Pitcher of Life Alkaline Water Pitcher
The No products found. makes the water healthier by increasing its alkaline content. It helps to improve the pH count as well as the negative Oxidation Reduction Potential (ORP) level. This means that the water you get from this water pitcher is high in its antioxidant properties, which will help to eliminate any damage causing free radicals from your body. The water tastes good and you will love having more of it, boosting your health as well as improving your skin and hair.
This particular water purifier pitcher adds back some amount of magnesium and calcium in the filtered water, so that you have the adequate levels of the same in your body. The filter helps to eliminate traces of chlorine and remove any unpleasant taste or odour from the water.
- Makes water healthier by increasing its alkaline content.
- Improves pH count and negative Oxidation Reduction Potential (ORP) level. High antioxidant properties that eliminate any damage causing free radicals from your body.
- Great tasting water you will love having more of. Boosts your health and improves skin and hair.
- Adds magnesium and calcium to the water to give you adequate levels as required.
- If the water has very low levels of pH count, it will not boost it up as high as it claims.
12. MAVEA 1005727 Elemaris XL 9 Cup Water Filtration Pitcher
The MAVEA 1005727 Elemaris XL filtration pitcher has a capacity for storing nine glasses of water. The filter is designed in such a way that it will give you a constant flow of water. There is no need to pre-soak in order to activate the filters. It is treated with silver which helps to reduce the growth of bacteria. It also has a micro-screen that helps to reduce any black particles being released into the pitcher.
This filtration pitcher reduces chlorine considerably, to give great tasting water. When you place it under a water source, the flow will automatically open the lid and will close on its own once the reservoir gets full. The pitcher also comes with a smart measuring technique that allows it to look for the levels of hardness in the water, the amount of water, as well as reminds you when to change the filter.
- No need to pre-soak in order to activate the filters.
- Silver treated filter reduces growth of bacteria.
- Micro-screen reduces any black particles being released into the pitcher.
- Reduces chlorine considerably to give great tasting water.
- When placed under water, the flow will automatically open the lid and will close automatically once reservoir gets full.
- Smart measuring technique checks for levels of water hardness, the amount of water and reminds when to change the filter.
- Operations may be closing in some areas soon.
13. pH Restore Alkaline Water Pitcher Ionizer Enhanced 4th Gen 2017 Model
The pH Restore Alkaline Water Pitcher Ionizer Enhanced 4th Gen 2017 Model comes with a multi-stage PH001 filter. It has particle catching micro nets, stone and ceramic ball blend, coconut activated carbon as well as KDF, all of which increase the pH level. It helps to remove traces of chlorine, some amount of fluoride as well as other heavy metals, and also reduces growth of bacteria. It also filters out various lead, arsenic and other pollutants such as sand and algae to give great tasting water.
The mineralized alkaline ionized water helps to reduce acidity problems and can boost immunity. It also improves metabolism and slows down signs of ageing. The digital reader tells you when to change the filter. The materials used are BPA free and will not cause any toxic damage.
- Particle catching micro nets, stone and ceramic ball blend, coconut activated carbon and KDF increase the pH level of water.
- Removes traces of chlorine, some amount of fluoride and other heavy metals.
- Reduces bacterial growth.
- Filters lead, arsenic and other pollutants such as sand and algae to give great tasting water.
- Reduces acidity problems, boosts immunity, improves metabolism and slows down signs of ageing.
- Digital reader tells you when to change the filter.
- The materials used are BPA free and will not cause any toxic damage.
- Filter may stop dripping after initial few uses.
14. Propur Water Filter Pitcher With 1 ProOne-G 2.0 Mini Filter Element
The Propur Water Filter Pitcher with 1 ProOne-G 2.0 Mini Filter Element claims to remove a lot more contaminants than other brands, while maintaining the levels of beneficial minerals. The filter works for about two years, which is considerably longer than other brands. It also helps to remove traces of fluoride.
The materials used are BPA free, which means no toxic chemicals will seep into the water. It has an overall capacity of 3.5 litres and a filtered water capacity of 1.75 litres. The design makes it easy to fit with any refrigerator, and the easy fill flip open lid makes it convenient to fill water.
- Removes more contaminants than other brands while maintaining the levels of beneficial minerals.
- Filter works for about two years.
- Removes traces of fluoride.
- BPA free materials.
- Overall capacity of 3.5 litres and filtered water capacity of 1.75 litres.
- Easy to fit with any refrigerator. Easy fill flip open lid makes it convenient to fill water.
- If there is more water on the top and very little on the bottom, pouring any more water can lead to a spill.
15. Aquagear Water Filter Pitcher – Fluoride, Lead, Chloramine, Chromium – 6 Filter, BPA Free
The Aquagear Water Filter Pitcher is 100 percent BPA free and uses FDA approved food grade materials for its parts. Not just that, it is also 100 percent recyclable and vegan. The filter is tested and certified to significantly be able to reduce traces of fluoride, lead, chromium and chloramine. In addition, it effectively removes mercury and chlorine, giving you fresh tasting water. While it removes contaminants and impurities, it retains the presence of magnesium and calcium, which your body needs.
The filters can produce up to 150 gallons of water each and claim to last about 3 times longer than some of the biggest names in the market. The best deal you get as a customer is that it comes with a lifetime guarantee, and will get a free replacement in case the pitcher breaks.
- 100 percent BPA free, uses FDA approved food grade materials, 100 percent recyclable and vegan.
- Reduces traces of fluoride, lead, chromium and chloramine.
- Effectively removes mercury and chlorine to give you fresh tasting water. Retains magnesium and calcium.
- Produces up to 150 gallons of water each, lasts about 3 times longer than other filters.
- Lifetime guarantee and free replacement in case pitcher breaks.
- The flow rate on the filter can be extremely slow.
3 Important Features To Look For When Choosing A Water Filter Pitcher
How would you know if the water purifier pitcher you are buying is the perfect water purifier pitcher for you?
Before you make a decision or even when you are still considering which water filter pitcher to go for, it is important to first get the water tested that you want to be purified. This will help you understand exactly what you are looking for and also help you decide whether or not this type of water filtration device will actually work for you. Here are 3 features you should look for to get the proper water pitcher for your needs.
1. Identify the contaminants
When you want to filter water at home using a filtration device, you first need to understand what types of contaminants are present in the water. Different water purifier pitchers will have different levels of dealing with the contaminants. While most of them remove or reduce traces of chlorine, there are various other impurities and substances that are also present. To test the contaminants present in your water, you can request a water quality report from your water provider, or get a home test done from a nearby home improvement store.
No cost is too much when it comes to you and your loved ones’ safety and health, but that does not mean you end up paying too much for something that eventually does not do the work for you. There are various brands and models of water purifier pitchers available that are available from a low price range to a very high price range. The cost alone will not determine its efficiency. Do a proper comparison and research your brands and models, before you reach a conclusion. You may refer to our list of the 15 best water purifier pitchers shared above to understand which brand and model fits in which category of price.
3. Water Filter Certificate
The best water purifier pitchers have to go through the strictest procedures and tests to make sure they filter out the contaminants the way it is supposed to be. The highest seal of approval in terms of water filter certification is the NSF seal. It is mainly of a national as well as international standard, proves a manufacturer’s commitment to quality and safety and increases overall credibility.