Get your Commercial Pool Filtration (PENTAIR VS HAYWARD) right here! See our Pentair & Hayward pool products top picks today!
Our Choice Recommendation
- Vertical grid filter for in-ground pools and spas of all types and sizes
- Inlet diffuser elbow distributes flow of unfiltered water evenly to all filter elements and provides even...
- Plumbing options allow for customized control; heavy-duty, tamper-proof, 1-piece flange clamp securely fastens tank...
Other Pentair Products
Do you operate a commercial-grade swimming pool? Do you have a residential swimming pool that gets used very frequently and could benefit from a commercial level of filtration? Are you looking for the perfect way to keep a larger pool well-filtered and clean all year long?
If so, you need a commercial pool filter to help you get started! Commercial swimming pool filters are a great way to be sure your pool gets as much filtering as possible regardless of how frequently it gets used. When you have a large pool that sees a lot of use on a daily basis or even a mid-sized pool that gets used several days out of the week, you need a filter that can handle the amount of wear and tear your pool is sure to see.
Commercial pool filters pose their own series of concerns, and in this article, we’ll introduce you to the similarities and differences between these and residential pool filters. You’ll also be able to learn more about the issues you’re likely to encounter when using your commercial pool filter. Later on in the article, you can compare and contrast our top three picks for commercial-grade filters on the market today. Whether you’re looking for commercial sand filters for swimming pools, cartridge filters, or even commercial DE filters, you’ll be able to find just what you need from our list. So, let’s get started learning more about commercial pool filters.
Commercial Sand Filters for Swimming Pools
If you’re looking for a sand filter, you’re in the right place. Sand filters are a great way to provide excellent filtration for many years without having to worry about too much maintenance and upkeep. While you will be required to backwash a sand filter at least once a month, you won’t have to worry about cleaning out or replacing the sand in the filter until several years have gone by. Although these filters are a little more expensive to get started with, they can be very cost-effective in the long run. They remain one of the most popular products for people looking for commercial-grade pool filters.
Commercial Pool Filtration products #1
Pentair Triton Heavy Duty Filter 30” Commercial Sand Filter
The Pentair Triton Heavy Duty Filter 30” Commercial Sand Filter is built to last. This is a very strong filter that looks sleek and sophisticated when you install it alongside any commercial-grade swimming pool. Although this commercial pool filtration doesn’t come from one of the better-known brand names in the pool industry, it’s still a very strong product that’s sure to give you plenty of years of excellent pool filtration easily. Best of all, when you have it installed, you can keep using any pool treatment chemicals you need to keep up the pH balance of your water—but you might soon find that you don’t need them as much when you see just how clean and crystal clear this offer can get your water.
Pentair Products PROS
- This Pentair products commercial pool filtration is a very strong and powerful filter that can handle a lot of wear and tear even if you keep it outdoors in inclement weather.
- This Pentair products filter comes with a built-in base to make installation as easy and painless as possible.
- Sand filters such as this one are usually very affordable to operate after installation, and you shouldn’t need to replace the sand for at least a few years after you start using it.
- Backwashing is easy when you use the included valves to perform this task.
Pentair Products CONS
- This Pentair products offer is a pricey filter that may cost too much at the initial setup for some pool owners.
- This Pentair products choice has been known to arrive with the pressure gauge broken during transit.
- In some rare instances, the filter’s seams have begun to weaken and developed leaks very quickly after installation.
- You will need to perform a monthly backwash cleaning on this Pentair products choice to keep it up and running properly.
Commercial Cartridge Filters for Pools
If the sand filter doesn’t seem to suit your needs, you might be more interested in a cartridge filter for your commercial-grade pool instead. Cartridge filters are traditionally used for residential pools because the cartridge filter media often isn’t strong enough to handle a ton of filtering before it needs to be cleaned or replaced. However, with cartridge style filters, you can enjoy all the benefits of a cartridge filter without worry since it comes equipped with four separate cartridges to keep your filter going strong for a long time to come. Best of all, you can even choose to use this type of filter with a microfilter to add even more filtering overall.
Commercial Pool Filtration products #2
Hayward HCF7030C Polyester Commercial Dual Quad Cluster Cartridge Filter
Did you know cartridge filters can be a great way to provide ample filtering to your swimming pool? You might not have considered this, especially if you’ve ever used cartridge filters in your residential pool before, but if you have the filter you can get a lot of great, clean water time and time again even when you choose cartridges for your filter media. With the Hayward HCF7030C Polyester Commercial Dual Quad Cluster Cartridge Filter , you’ll never again have to wonder about how clean your water is. You’ll be able to rest assured knowing that you’re filtering your water as well as possible all with the help of your durable, powerful filter.
- This commercial pool filtration is made of polyester, which is very strong and resistant to both inclement weather and frequent splashing from the pool.
- This offer is one of the largest square footage filters available today, and it’s capable of handling up to 700 square feet easily.
- Despite its power, this commercial pool filtration is tall and thin, which makes it fit into just about any pool setup easily.
- The filter comes with attached valves to make cleanup even easier.
- This choice is a very expensive product that’s at least twice the cost of many other commercial-grade swimming pool filters on the market today.
- This commercial pool filtration has been known to arrive with damage from transit.
- You will need to give this offer quite a lot more time to complete a cleaning cycle than you would with a smaller and less powerful filter.
- Although the filter comes with four cartridges to get you started, you’ll probably need to upgrade them to better quality cartridges pretty quickly, which may cause you to incur even more cost.
Commercial DE Filters for Pools
Last but definitely not least, diatomaceous earth filters continue to be popular for commercial pools that need a little extra help in terms of filtering. These filters are usually the most expensive on the market, but since they only require a little bit of DE added back into them monthly after the initial setup, they remain one of the more affordable products in the long term. These filters work very well and are capable of filtering your pool water much more effectively than other types of filters. However, some people are concerned with the potential health risks of diatomaceous earth, and many places are beginning to regulate the dumping and flushing of these filters since DE has been known to have adverse effects on the environment.
Commercial Pool Filtration products #3
Hayward DE4820 Pro-Grid Vertical DE Pool Filter
The Hayward DE4820 Pro-Grid Vertical DE Pool Filter is an excellent choice that comes from one of the best-known brand names in the world of pool filters and other components. This is a traditional grid-style diatomaceous earth filter that works just like its smaller counterparts, but it’s large and powerful enough to handle even the biggest and most frequently-used commercial pools, too. It’s available in several different sizes to help you find exactly what you need for your pool, whether you need something smaller like a 24-square-foot or something as big as a 72-square-foot filter instead. Best of all, the filter comes with a built-in diffuser to make sure water reaches all of the surface area of the filter media instead of focusing on one or two parts of the grid.
- Since this comes from the Hayward company, you can expect a great quality product with tons of quality customer service and care to back up that name.
- When you have this choice installed, you won’t have to worry about changing the DE very often, and will only need to add a little back each time you backwash.
- It only takes about one 24-hour cycle for this commercial pool filtration to clean up even the filthiest of murky pool water.
- These filters are built to last for at least five years, and many people get seven to ten years of use out of them easily.
- While this offer unit comes with almost everything you need to get started, you will still need to purchase valve lines and o-rings to complete the installation process.
- This offer is a very expensive filter that may be too pricey for some commercial pool budgets.
- You will need to perform backwash maintenance on this choice once a month in order to keep it up to par.
- Interior manifolds and the pressure gauge have both been known to arrive broken and damaged from shipping, although the company will replace these parts if this happens.
Last update on 2021-04-23 at 16:15 Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product. CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE, COMES FROM AMAZON. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.