- Heavy-duty closure provides easy inspection, and features an easy-to-read pressure gauge with air relief valve....
- Swing-away diffuser allows instant access to sand and all internal parts.
- All internal parts are threaded for ease of service.
Shop Related Products
You Might Also Like
See Our Review Selection:
Do you operate a commercial-grade swimming pool? Do you have a residential swimming pool that gets used very frequently and could benefit from a commercial level of filtration? Are you looking for the perfect way to keep a larger pool well-filtered and clean all year long?
If so, you need a commercial pool filter to help you get started! Commercial swimming pool filters are a great way to be sure your pool gets as much filtering as possible regardless of how frequently it gets used. When you have a large pool that sees a lot of use on a daily basis or even a mid-sized pool that gets used several days out of the week, you need a filter that can handle the amount of wear and tear your pool is sure to see.
Commercial pool filters pose their own series of concerns, and in this article, we’ll introduce you to the similarities and differences between these and residential pool filters. You’ll also be able to learn more about the issues you’re likely to encounter when using your commercial pool filter. You can also compare and contrast our top three picks for commercial-grade filters on the market today. Whether you’re looking for commercial sand filters for swimming pools, cartridge filters, or even commercial DE filters, you’ll be able to find just what you need from our list. So, let’s get started learning more about commercial pool filters.
Commercial Sand Filters for Swimming Pools
If you’re looking for a sand filter, you’re in the right place. Sand filters are a great way to provide excellent filtration for many years without having to worry about too much maintenance and upkeep. While you will be required to backwash a sand filter at least once a month, you won’t have to worry about cleaning out or replacing the sand in the filter until several years have gone by. Although these filters are a little more expensive to get started with, they can be very cost-effective in the long run. They remain one of the most popular products for people looking for commercial-grade pool filters.
Option #1. Pentair Triton Heavy Duty Filter 30” Commercial Sand Filter
|Pentair 140335 Triton HD Commercial Side Mount Sand Filter||CHECK PRICE|
The Pentair Triton Heavy Duty Filter 30” Commercial Sand Filter is built to last. This is a very strong filter that looks sleek and sophisticated when you install it alongside any commercial-grade swimming pool. Although this option doesn’t come from one of the better-known brand names in the pool industry, it’s still a very strong product that’s sure to give you plenty of years of excellent pool filtration easily. Best of all, when you have it installed, you can keep using any pool treatment chemicals you need to keep up the pH balance of your water—but you might soon find that you don’t need them as much when you see just how clean and crystal clear this offer can get your water.
Pentair Products PROS
- This Pentair products option is a very strong and powerful filter that can handle a lot of wear and tear even if you keep it outdoors in inclement weather.
- This Pentair products filter comes with a built-in base to make installation as easy and painless as possible.
- Sand filters such as this one are usually very affordable to operate after installation, and you shouldn’t need to replace the sand for at least a few years after you start using it.
- Backwashing is easy when you use the included valves to perform this task.
Pentair Products CONS
- This Pentair products offer is a pricey filter that may cost too much at the initial setup for some pool owners.
- This Pentair products choice has been known to arrive with the pressure gauge broken during transit.
- In some rare instances, the filter’s seams have begun to weaken and developed leaks very quickly after installation.
- You will need to perform a monthly backwash cleaning on this Pentair products choice to keep it up and running properly.
Commercial Cartridge Filters for Pools
If the sand filter doesn’t seem to suit your needs, you might be more interested in a cartridge filter for your commercial-grade pool instead. Cartridge filters are traditionally used for residential pools because the cartridge filter media often isn’t strong enough to handle a ton of filtering before it needs to be cleaned or replaced. However, with cartridge style filters, you can enjoy all the benefits of a cartridge filter without worry since it comes equipped with four separate cartridges to keep your filter going strong for a long time to come. Best of all, you can even choose to use this type of filter with a microfilter to add even more filtering overall.
Option #2. Hayward HCF7030C Polyester Commercial Dual Quad Cluster Cartridge Filter
|Hayward HCF7030C 700 Square Feet Polyester Commercial HCF Series...||2 Reviews||CHECK PRICE|
Did you know cartridge filters can be a great way to provide ample filtering to your swimming pool? You might not have considered this, especially if you’ve ever used cartridge filters in your residential pool before, but if you have the filter you can get a lot of great, clean water time and time again even when you choose cartridges for your filter media. With the Hayward HCF7030C Polyester Commercial Dual Quad Cluster Cartridge Filter , you’ll never again have to wonder about how clean your water is. You’ll be able to rest assured knowing that you’re filtering your water as well as possible all with the help of your durable, powerful filter.
- This option is made of polyester, which is very strong and resistant to both inclement weather and frequent splashing from the pool.
- This offer is one of the largest square footage filters available today, and it’s capable of handling up to 700 square feet easily.
- Despite its power, this option is tall and thin, which makes it fit into just about any pool setup easily.
- The filter comes with attached valves to make cleanup even easier.
- This choice is a very expensive product that’s at least twice the cost of many other commercial-grade swimming pool filters on the market today.
- This option has been known to arrive with damage from transit.
- You will need to give this offer quite a lot more time to complete a cleaning cycle than you would with a smaller and less powerful filter.
- Although the filter comes with four cartridges to get you started, you’ll probably need to upgrade them to better quality cartridges pretty quickly, which may cause you to incur even more cost.
Commercial DE Filters for Pools
Last but definitely not least, diatomaceous earth filters continue to be popular for commercial pools that need a little extra help in terms of filtering. These filters are usually the most expensive on the market, but since they only require a little bit of DE added back into them monthly after the initial setup, they remain one of the more affordable products in the long term. These filters work very well and are capable of filtering your pool water much more effectively than other types of filters. However, some people are concerned with the potential health risks of diatomaceous earth, and many places are beginning to regulate the dumping and flushing of these filters since DE has been known to have adverse effects on the environment.
Option #3. Hayward DE4820 Pro-Grid Vertical DE Pool Filter
The Hayward DE4820 Pro-Grid Vertical DE Pool Filter is an excellent choice that comes from one of the best-known brand names in the world of pool filters and other components. This is a traditional grid-style diatomaceous earth filter that works just like its smaller counterparts, but it’s large and powerful enough to handle even the biggest and most frequently-used commercial pools, too. It’s available in several different sizes to help you find exactly what you need for your pool, whether you need something smaller like a 24-square-foot or something as big as a 72-square-foot filter instead. Best of all, the filter comes with a built-in diffuser to make sure water reaches all of the surface area of the filter media instead of focusing on one or two parts of the grid.
- Since this comes from the Hayward company, you can expect a great quality product with tons of quality customer service and care to back up that name.
- When you have this choice installed, you won’t have to worry about changing the DE very often, and will only need to add a little back each time you backwash.
- It only takes about one 24-hour cycle for this option to clean up even the filthiest of murky pool water.
- These filters are built to last for at least five years, and many people get seven to ten years of use out of them easily.
- While this offer unit comes with almost everything you need to get started, you will still need to purchase valve lines and o-rings to complete the installation process.
- This offer is a very expensive filter that may be too pricey for some commercial pool budgets.
- You will need to perform backwash maintenance on this choice once a month in order to keep it up to par.
- Interior manifolds and the pressure gauge have both been known to arrive broken and damaged from shipping, although the company will replace these parts if this happens.
Compare To Similar Products
|1||Hayward W3S180T92S ProSeries 18 In., 1 HP Sand Filter System for...||671 Reviews|
|2||Hayward W3EC40C92S Perflex 1 HP Diatomaceous Earth Filter Pump...||376 Reviews|
|3||Hayward W3C500 StarClear Cartridge Pool Filter, 50 Sq. Ft., Gray||315 Reviews|
|4||Hayward W3S210T93S ProSeries 21 In., 1.5 HP Sand Filter System...||432 Reviews|
|5||Hayward VLX4006A Pump to Filter Hose Replacement for Hayward...||113 Reviews|
5 Tips for Choosing the Right Heavy Duty Pool Filter
- Choose a filter that is designed to handle the size of your pool. A larger filter will be able to handle more debris and dirt, while a smaller filter may not be able to keep up with the amount of dirt and debris in a larger pool.
- Consider the type of filtration system you need. Sand filters are typically used for commercial pools, but cartridge filters can also be used depending on your needs.
- Look for a filter that is easy to maintain and clean. This will help ensure that your pool stays clean and free from debris.
- Make sure the filter you choose is energy efficient. This will help reduce your energy costs over time.
- Check the warranty on the filter before purchasing it. This will help protect you in case something goes wrong with the filter.
ALSO: Consider hiring a professional to install your pool filtration for optimal performance!
More Information For Readers
These dependable products are necessary to maintain a swimming pool's cleanliness and safety. They assist in clearing the water of silt, debris, and other impurities so that swimmers can enjoy a clean and healthy environment. You can make sure that your commercial pool is constantly spotless clean by installing the appropriate filter system. To meet varied needs, these dependable items are available in a range of sizes and varieties. One of the most widely used choices is sand filtration, which offers efficient filtration and is simple to maintain. For larger pools, cartridge filters are an additional alternative because they provide more effective filtering than sand filters but necessitate more frequent maintenance. Size, flow rate, pressure drop, filter media type, and cost are significant considerations when selecting a filter system for your business pool. Your filter system will be able to successfully remove impurities from the water while being cost-effective if these aspects are combined in the right way. Additionally, picking a reputable company with excellent customer service is crucial.
Good Usage Ideas: What Can You Use Them For?
These filters are mostly used for three purposes: They are made to first filter out dirt and particles from the water. This keeps your pool clear and clean by catching particles as small as two microns in size. The second benefit is that they aid in lowering the quantity of chemicals required to maintain a healthy pool environment. This is because they can get rid of contaminants that would otherwise require additional chemical processing. Finally, you can use these filters to reduce the amount of pool maintenance required. By routinely removing dirt and debris, you may extend the life of your pool's filtration system and avoid having to make costly repairs or replacements. Since they can keep pools clean and cut maintenance expenses, they are a crucial tool for any swimming facility.
The Disadvantages: What To Expect
Despite all of these useful items' advantages, there are a few disadvantages to take into account. First, installing and maintaining them can be costly. In addition to the cost of the filter itself, you also need to account for the price of installation and ongoing maintenance, such as changing out worn-out parts or clearing out trash. Additionally, the energy needed to run these filters is significant, which may result in greater electricity costs. Fortunately, there are strategies to lessen these drawbacks. An energy-efficient filter, for instance, can help you save money on power while still offering adequate filtering. Additionally, it's critical to maintain your filter on a regular basis to ensure that it is operating at peak efficiency and not wasting energy. Finally, doing your research on various brands and types before making a purchase will help you obtain the greatest value for your money in terms of installation and maintenance costs.
What Specifications Should Be Used To Evaluate Them?
The most crucial quantitative measurements to consider while assessing these useful products are filtration rate, energy efficiency, and durability. A higher filtration rate suggests better performance because it evaluates how rapidly the filter can remove impurities from water. The amount of power needed to run the filter will decide how energy-efficient it is; a more energy-efficient filter will consume less power. How long the filter lasts before needing to be replaced is used to measure durability; a longer lifespan denotes more durability. When choosing the best commercial pool filter for your requirements, all of these criteria should be taken into consideration.
Usage Experience: What To Know
These dependable products are crucial for maintaining a swimming pool's cleanliness and safety. They assist in cleaning the water of dirt, debris, and other impurities so that swimming is safe in it. These devices come in a variety of varieties, including sand filters, cartridge filters, diatomaceous earth (DE) filters, and ozone generators, which are all currently on the market. Depending on the size of the pool and how it is used, each style has pros and cons. Sand filters are typically regarded as the most cost-effective alternative because they require little upkeep and, with good care, can last up to five years. Compared to sand or DE variants, cartridge filters are more expensive but provide better filtration performance. These types offer superior filtration, but regular backwashing is necessary to keep them operating at their best. Ozone generators offer a chemical-free method of disinfecting pools, however due to their high cost, they might not be appropriate for many applications. The best filter for your commercial pool will ultimately depend on your unique requirements and financial limitations.
The general procedures for employing these filters are as follows: Prior to anything else, check to see that the filter is correctly set up and connected to the pool's plumbing. Next, make sure there are no leaks and that each valve is in its proper location. Third, modify the filter settings in accordance with your requirements; this will depend on the level of trash in your pool. Finally, backwash the filter or clean it out as necessary to get rid of any dirt or debris that has gathered. Fifth, regularly inspect the filter for obstructions or other problems. Enjoy a safe and sanitary swimming pool at last! You may use a commercial pool filter to maintain spotless water by following these easy instructions.
Last update on 2022-11-29 at 07:43 Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product. CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE, COMES FROM AMAZON. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.
We constantly make an effort to implement our editorial practices and policies through out our site. This entails researching all of our articles exhaustively and always doing our best to offer the most reliable details possible for our audience. Please check out our About Us Page for more info.
About The Author
Joseph Bartley, also known as the WaterFilterFanatic, is a seasoned content writer who specializes in water filtration and water quality topics. On AllAboutWaterFilters, he has written a range of water filtration system reviews, water health and quality articles, swimming pool, hot tub and aquarium filtration guides, DIY methods to assist people clean their drinking water, and much more. Joseph enjoys spending his time working with the #AllAboutWaterFilters Editorial Team to provide some of the best quality water filtration content available on the web.