Hayward DE Filter Bestsellers
Pentair DE Filter Bestsellers
Option #1. Hayward EC50AC Above-Ground/In-Ground Filter
For the most cost-effective and highest quality diatomaceous earth product on the market today, check out the Hayward EC50AC Perflex Extended-Cycle Above-Ground/In-Ground Filter . This option is perfect for round and oval pools, and since it can be used on both in-ground and above ground varieties, it’s a great all-around pool product that works well for most backyard swimming pools. It’s built to stand up to repeated use with no signs of wear and tear, and it’s resistant to all types of pool treatment chemicals.
- These offers are great at keeping your pool crystal clear for months at a time with very little maintenance.
- These DE filters have a lightweight design and small size make this option easy to work with even when it’s full of water.
- Includes a handle that allows you to easily coat your filter grids with diatomaceous earth as needed.
- If your diatomaceous earth product sits in direct sunlight, it may be prone to cracking and splitting.
- May take several days to completely clean your pool the first time.
- These options may cause DE to wash into your swimming pool, especially without regular maintenance.
Option #2. Hayward EC65A DE Complete Pool Filter
If you’re searching for a smaller pool setup that works just as well as bigger DE options, look no further than the Hayward EC65A DE Complete Pool Filter . This is a 27-square foot product that can operate on a fairly small amount of diatomaceous earth, which means you’ll be saving money in the long run without having to purchase a lot more diatomaceous earth. Although it isn’t large enough for very big pools, it’s perfect for common pool sizes. Best of all, you can use this offer with any brand or type of pool you might have, and it works for some above-ground options as well as in-ground ones.
***PICK SMALL-SIZED CARTRIDGE FILTRATION: Filtering dirt particles from even the smallest pools is essential for sparkling clean pool water. Read about cartri... Small Pool Filter.
- These offers can get even the dirtiest of pool water clean and clear within one to two days from initial setup.
- Easy to perform the backwash with the push of a button.
- These DE filters are very easy to install, whether you’ve had experience putting in pool filters or not.
- Some of these offers have been known to develop leaks around the seal, especially after extended use.
- These options are very difficult to take apart for regular cleaning, as opposed to some of the other pool filters on this list.
- In some of these choices, the manifold fingers have been known to arrive broken.
Option #3. Pentair 188592 Quad DE Cartridge Style Pool Filter
The Pentair 188592 Quad DE Cartridge Style Pool Filter features a durable design that’s built to last for a long time. This offer is made to be resistant to all pool treatment chemicals, so even if you use a few in your pool water on a regular basis, you should have no trouble keeping this choice operating well for years to come. With four cartridge pool filters inside the tank, this option is ready to work hard for you. This choice operates on a system utilizing cartridge pieces instead of traditional DE filter grids, but the functionality is more or less the same.
- These offers come complete with the pump, accessories, and everything you need to install and use the product right away.
- These DE filters are very easy to clean without having to remove several individual parts separately from one another.
- Despite being a mid-sized filter, this offer does not require too much DE in order to function properly.
- Included cartridge media may arrive cracked and damaged with these D.E. filters, although the company has been reported to replace these for free if so.
- These options have been known to cause DE to float into the pool water, especially without regular maintenance.
- May be more costly to replace cartridge pieces than grid style diatomaceous earth pool filters.
Option #4. Hayward DE6020 ProGride DE Pool Filter
If you’re looking for a very sturdy and well-built DE pool product with tons of great customer service and quality products backed by a well-known name brand in the industry, look no further than the Hayward DE6020 ProGride DE Pool Filter . This option is available in five different sizes to help you find the right fit for your pool. Choose between 24, 36, 48, 60, and even a hard-to-find 72 square foot model based on the size of your pool. This is a durable, sturdy product that’s sure to keep you and your whole family swimming in safe, clean water for a long time to come.
- These offers are capable of fully cleaning a pool within 1 to 2 days after initial setup and installation.
- These DE filters are easy to use design is made for simple media and diatomaceous earth replacement without a lot of complicated operation.
- Includes a plastic gauge that won’t crack or stop functioning even in inclement weather.
- Does not come with the required backwash valve that allows you to properly maintenance this choice.
- Some of these offers have been known to arrive cracked on the inside, although customers have said that the company has been said to replace this if it happens.
- The inner workings of these choices may be a little more flimsy than some other pool filters on the market.
Option #5. Pentair 180009 FNS Plus DE Pool Filter
The Pentair 180009 FNS Plus DE Pool Filter is a powerful, durable 60 square foot product that’s perfect for very large swimming pools. It is designed to make cleanup even easier than ever before, and it’s simple enough to install that it won’t take long before your pool is clear and ready to swim in. This is one of the largest and most expensive diatomaceous earth pool filters on the market today, but it’s also one of the most popular because of its well-known brand name and long lifespan.
- Easy to hook up with just two simple connections that even an inexperienced pool owner can perform with no trouble.
- Everything you need to get started is included with this option, so you won’t have to make any extra purchases.
- These options are designed to hold up to plenty of use even if you install it in direct sunlight.
- The seal around these D.E. filters has been known to leak, especially after extended use.
- Some of these offers have been known to arrive cracked and damaged in some rare instances.
- These offers require more diatomaceous earth for operation than many pool filters listed here.
You Might Also Like:
***TOP-RATED FILTRATION SANDS FOR POOLS: Get the best pool filter sands for top-rated filtering for your pool's water every time. Our pool sand is typically ... Best Pool Filter Sand.
Are you looking for a great DE pool filter to clean your pool for a long time to come? Are you tired of spending on cartridges and media every few months? If you think sand or cartridge pool filters both are too much of a hassle, these D.E. filters are just what you need! Diatomaceous earth, or DE, has recently become a very popular method of filtering swimming pool and hot tub water. These options may be a little more expensive for the initial installation, but they can save a ton of money in the long run.
What is a DE pool filter? How does diatomaceous earth work?
A diatomaceous earth pool filter is a very efficient swimming pool product designed to clean your water down to only 3 to 5 microns. This is significantly more filtration than others type of pool filtration can provide. These products look like large canisters that seal shut and can be attached to the pool’s water pipes. Inside the canister, there is a pronged manifold piece that has individual grids attached to each prong.
The way a DE product works is similar to a cartridge filter, with one major difference. First of all, the filter measures how much filtration the water needs by monitoring the pressure inside at any given time. A pressure gauge is an important part of the whole setup, and most of these choices come with one. The manifold inside the tank has several fabric grids, which are very similar to the pleated media in a cartridge filter. When the diatomaceous earth product is set up, DE is poured into the tank and allowed to move around until it settles on the fabric grids. Once there, it can clean out contaminants much more effectively than the grids themselves can. Because of this, the DE is considered the actual media in this type of filter, and not the fabric grids.
***TOP-RATED FILTERING SUPPLIES BEST-IN-CLASS: Pick all the best pool filter types in our best pool pump filtration list. Whether you're filtering with the best ca... Best Pool Filter.
DE Pool Filter Advantages and Disadvantages
These options for swimming pools have several advantages and disadvantages both. Anyone who owns one will tell you that the pros far outweigh the cons, but if you haven’t purchased one yet and you’re trying to make a decision, it’s a good idea to keep everything in mind when it comes to shopping for your new filter.
- These offers are very cost-effective in the long run. Replacement grids and DE don’t cost a lot, so over time, they can be very affordable.
- These DE filters can get your water cleaner than other pool filters. They’re currently the strongest and most powerful type of pool filtration on the market and will certainly spruce up any pool setup.
- These options come with everything you need to get started. This includes the pressure gauge and starter grids.
- These offers are easy to clean. You can usually take care of the whole cleaning and recharging process in 30-45 minutes.
- These DE filters need to be cleaned every month. They do require more frequent full cleanings and recharging than other types of pool filters do. This is part of what helps keep them functioning for so much longer than other pool filters.
- These options can be very expensive at startup. These offers can be costly units when you first install them. However, the savings over time can more than make up for it.
- Repairs can be costly in some instances. For some pool filters, replacement pieces and repairs when something breaks can be a little expensive. This doesn’t include the cost of regular grid replacements, however.
Are these offers a good match for your pool needs?
As you can see, swimming pool DE filters have a lot of great uses and there are plenty of reasons why you might want to bring one home today. A filter like these is best for pool owners who want to spruce up their pool and save a lot of money in the long run in terms of filter operation and who want to get their water cleaner than ever before. When you use a DE filter, you don’t have to worry about adding a microfilter to improve the quality of your water. In some cases, you might not even need a lot of harsh pool treatment chemicals to get your water sparkling and clean every time you use your pool. When you’re ready to purchase, don’t forget the five great options listed above. Ordering online sure beats lugging things back from the pool supply store! Bring one of those offers home and you’ll be well on your way to perfectly filtered pool water you’ll feel safe using. Your friends, your family, and your pool will thank you!
Last update on 2022-02-25 at 20:11 Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product. CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE, COMES FROM AMAZON. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.