Our Choice Recommendation
- BENEFITS: Improves the efficiency and life of the filter
- USE: Soak solution overnight for maximum effect; use when draining and refilling spa or hot tub
- COMPATIBILITY: Chlorine, bromine, ozone and mineral purification systems
Are you having a hard time finding the Jacuzzi filter cleaner that’s best for your needs? Do you wish it could be easier for you to compare and contrast some of the best products on the market in terms of cleaning your hot tub filter?
Once you have finished reading through this article, you’ll be ready to choose the perfect cleaner no matter what type of hot tub you have. You’ll be able to select from between the nine best choices on the market today to find the one that can help you keep your hot tub clean and sparkling at all times.
Now it’s time to get started learning! Read on…
Nature2 Spa Stick Mineral Sanitizer
The Nature2 Spa Stick Mineral Sanitizer is designed to work much differently than other types of cleaning solutions and sanitizers on the market today. This option works without bromine or chlorine to keep your water clean and healthy at all times. Best of all, since this is a mineral cartridge, it is designed to more or less clean itself while it works. You will not have to worry about harsh cleaning solutions when you replacing filters regularly with this option.
- Designed for use with many of the most popular brands and styles on the market today.
- Easy to use with inflatable hot tubs if you are willing to do a little DIY to attach it.
- Operates without the use of harsh chemicals, which can be great for anyone with sensitive skin.
- Pieces which hold the cartridge into place are prone to snapping and breaking frequently.
- This offer may not work with older models or those that are less popular.
- Refill cartridges are pricey and may be difficult to find.
SeaKlear Spa System Flush
This easy to use offer made especially for cleaning filters is designed to keep away bacteria as well as unwanted film from in and around. The SeaKlear Spa System Flush helps get rid of calcium deposits that cause slick and slippery surfaces, which can, in turn, keep you safe while you use your perfectly clean hot tub. Best of all, it’s very easy to use as part of a regular cleaning regime, and you can even use it on the surface as well.
- Perfect for removing scum, grime, and sludge that builds up over time on your media and on the surface.
- Great for cleaning out used hot tubs or those that haven’t been in service for a while.
- Works well on jets when kept in regular circulation in your tub water.
- If your surface is a light color, this offer may leave behind a ring.
- The smell of this choice may be unpleasant to some individuals.
- This offer can cause the water to become too foamy when used too frequently or in too high a quantity.
Hot Tub Things Instant Cartridge Cleaner
If you are looking for a simple and quick way to effectively remove a lot of unwanted bacteria and build-up, the Hot Tub Things Instant Cartridge Cleaner may be just the answer for you. This chemical-based choice is a popular solution for anyone looking to clean on a budget. This option can be used for regular cleaning as frequently as every month, and it’s perfect for use when it’s time to soak your media for a deeper and more thorough clean.
- Designed for use with any type of hot tub filters, regardless of brand.
- Comes in a simple spray bottle which makes it easy to spray down your cartridge in between deeper cleans.
- Great at removing grime build-up from your media.
- Because this is a harsh chemical offer, it may be irritating to some individuals’ skin and could cause allergic reactions.
- The spray bottle makes it more difficult to use this option for soaking your media when the time comes.
- This offer does not come in a large container, so several bottles may be required for a deep clean, depending on the size of your cartridge.
Spa Kit Jacuzzi Cleaner Supply Blue Wave
The Spa Kit Jacuzzi Cleaner Supply Blue Wave is a large-scale cleaning system that’s designed to be used as a complete package. This offer comes packaged with everything you need to clean your hot tub, all in one convenient set. This offer is a great solution for anyone who uses the hot tub a lot and will require more frequent deep cleanings, as it can help save you a lot of money in the long run on buying all of these options separately.
- With everything in one convenient package, you don’t have to worry about forgetting any important parts of your cleaning solution ensemble.
- The tablets for the filter cleaning portion of this offer are very easy to use and great for soaking during a regular deep clean.
- This choice can be used with almost every type of hot tub, regardless of brand.
- If you don’t use your hot tub often, this choice may be too involved of a cleaning set for you to purchase.
- The cost may be too high if you don’t do deep cleanings as often as other owners.
- If you already own all of these offers and are only looking for the cleaning tablets, you cannot purchase them separately.
Jacuzzi T627000 System Clean
The Jacuzzi T627000 System Clean is an easy to use cleaning set designed for use with all Jacuzzi tubs. It’s made to remove debris, grime, soap scum, dirt and other minerals and sediments from your cartridge as well as from the surface. If you have a problem with hard water and frequent calcium deposits, this option is a great solution to help keep your surfaces free from the film that comes along with a hard water issue.
- Works well for use with Jacuzzi jets in keeping grime and build-up from interrupting their normal use.
- Easy to use by simply dropping the packet into the water you plan to clean your filter with.
- Affordable in comparison to other, similar products on the market.
- This offer has a very strong smell of cleaning solution that might be irritating to some more sensitive individuals.
- This choice may take more than one cycle to completely clean the surfaces as well as the filter.
- Not designed for frequent cleaning, but better used for deep cleaning.
Whirlout WO06N Jetted Bath Cleaner
Grab a bottle of this Whirlout WO06N Jetted Bath Cleaner and get ready to clean like never before. This option is made for use with all of the working parts, so you can use it on your cartridge media as well as the other pieces that make up your whole Jacuzzi system. Use it to clean surfaces, inner workings, and any additional parts you might notice getting grimy with extended use. It’s even safe for use with the jets, so you can get rid of that build-up of scum around them while cleaning your filter too.
- This offer is a strong product that works very well at getting rid of build-up and residue on your media.
- Cleans well without leaving any oily rings if you use it on your spa surfaces.
- Designed for easy soaking of your cartridge media in a short amount of time.
- This choice is chemically based, so it might be too strong for anyone with skin allergies or other reasons for avoiding harsh chemicals.
- This offer may not be strong enough to deal with hard water build-up after one use, and may require a second clean to really remove this tough grime.
- Is not designed to remove most bacteria from the filter, although it does clean debris and dirt well.
AquaFinesse Filter Cleaner
If you’re looking for an excellent way to clean your media without relying on a cleaner that’s made for the whole hot tub, this AquaFinesse Filter Cleaner is the perfect solution to suit your needs. This option comes in a convenient tablet form that makes it easy to soak your cartridge when the time comes. Just drop a tablet in a bucket of water and soak your cartridge for one to three hours in order to remove all the built-up grime, debris, and bacteria that come from the normal use. In just a short amount of time, you’ll have a clean filter ready for use once again.
- This offer doesn’t contain any harsh chemicals, which makes it safe to use even for individuals who are sensitive to most chemical ingredients.
- Each tablet is individually wrapped, so you don’t have to worry about storing this offer in a place where it won’t spill or be concerned with getting it on your hands when you use it.
- This choice can be used with any type of filter, no matter the brand, size, or type.
- All but the smallest hot tubs will require at least two tablets per use, meaning you’ll have to double up every time you clean.
- Tablets may not dissolve completely on first use and may need to be broken by hand if this happens.
- Tablets may cause a strange aroma during the use immediately following cleaning.
Hot Tub Things Spa Cartridge Cleaner
Reach for this bottle of Hot Tub Things Spa Cartridge Cleaner when you want an affordable solution to your cleaning needs. This option is made from deep-cleaning chemicals that work together to remove all the built-up bacteria and residue from your cartridge media. Use this choice as a part of your regular deep cleanings to keep your filter clean and functioning properly for a long time to come.
- This offer is made to be used with just about any type of spa you might have, regardless of brand.
- This choice is an affordable bottle of cleaning liquid that comes in a large size, making it a good option for owners on a budget.
- This is one of the only cleaning products that’s able to remove oils from the filter very well.
- This option is too harsh for regular light cleaning usage and should be avoided until time to deep clean your media.
- Because this is a chemical option, you might notice some damage to your skin or the surface if you aren’t diligent in washing it completely from the filter before use.
- This offer cannot be used on the surface or inner workings, and it isn’t recommended for use with the jets.
Leisure Time O Filter Clean Cartridge Cleaner
Choose the Leisure Time O Filter Clean Cartridge Cleaner for a product that’s sure to give you the deep clean you’re looking for in your filter. This Leisure Time choice has been around for a long time and continually provides excellent items to owners looking to keep their hot tubs as clean as possible. This choice can be used with cartridge as well as other types of filters, so no matter what you’re looking to clean, you can take care of it with this option from Leisure Time.
Leisure Time PROS
- Designed for both soaking and rinsing, making this option a great all-around product from Leisure Time for your cleaning needs.
- This Leisure Time product works along with any type of sanitizer you might have installed in your spa.
- May be used as an overnight soaking cleaner for really dirty filters.
Leisure Time CONS
- This option may take a few cleaning cycles to work on very dirty filters.
- This Leisure Time product is not able to completely remove stains from media material, although bacteria and dirt will al ways be removed.
- This offer is an price product that may be too pricey for some owners on a budget.
Why Does Filter Cleaner Matter?
Filter cleaner is an important part of your repertoire for a variety of reasons. To begin with, it can help you get a deeper clean than you can get from simply using water alone. If you clean your filter only with water every time instead of soaking it in a cleaning solution, you won’t be able to remove set-in particles and certain types of sediments and minerals that cling to the media over time.
You also won’t be able to kill the problem bacteria you need to remove from the water you’ll be soaking in. It’s also a good idea to use filter cleaner because soap or dishwashing liquid can damage your filter. If you use regular soap, dish soap, or laundry detergent on your media it’s more likely to disintegrate and shred quickly. If this type of soap foams up too much, you’ll have to deal with clogged jets and maybe even a broken pump too. Always use a good cleaning solution to reduce the risk of problems when cleaning your filter.
There are many excellent cleaning solutions for you to choose from, and each one brings its own strengths and weaknesses. Depending on your spa needs, the size, the brand you’re working with, and more, you might want to choose a specific type of cleaner over another one to work best for you. Whichever cleaner you choose, be sure to follow the directions earlier in the article to clean your filter properly every time. Pay close attention to how often you’re cleaning the filter, and remember to change it every year to two years as well. You will have a sparkling clean spa with safe, clear water at all times when you follow these simple tips and choose one of these great cleaners.
5 Essential Tips for Cleaning Spa Filters
- Clean your spa filter regularly to ensure that it is working properly and efficiently.
- Use a high-pressure hose to remove any debris or dirt from the filter before cleaning it.
- Soak the filter in a solution of water and detergent for at least 30 minutes before rinsing it off with clean water.
- Allow the filter to dry completely before reinstalling it into the spa.
- Replace your spa filter every 3-4 months to ensure optimal performance.
ALSO: Consider using a specialized cleanser for an even deeper clean!
More Info For Readers
These useful items are crucial for maintaining the cleanliness and well-being of your spa. They aid in clearing the water of dirt, debris, and bacteria so that everyone may use and enjoy your spa. These useful products are available in a range of formats, including tablets, granules, liquid solutions, and more. Depending on how big your spa is and how frequently you use it, each style has pros and cons. The best treatments for eliminating dirt and debris are typically liquid ones, but if used regularly, they can get pricey. Although tablets are simple to use, liquid treatments might be better at eliminating bigger particles than tablets. Given that they stay longer than other cleaner types, granules are ideal for smaller spas or ones that aren't used frequently. Whichever type you decide on, routine maintenance using a spa filter cleaner can help maintain your spa clean and in good condition so you may use it for many years to come.
Ideas for Effective Use: What Can They Be Used For?
There are three main uses for these cleaners. The first is to clean the filter cartridges of dirt and debris. This is vital for maintaining the cleanliness and clarity of the water in your spa, since a dirty filter will decrease its performance. Second, they can aid in the dissolution of accumulated oils and other organic substances. This keeps any undesirable tastes or odors out of the spa water. By removing any buildup that might eventually cause your filter to become clogged over time, these cleaners can also help your filter last longer. This is particularly crucial if you frequently use your spa because regular cleaning will guarantee that it continues to function effectively for years to come. Combining all these advantages, employing a spa filter cleaner is crucial for preserving a safe and comfortable spa experience.
Drawbacks: What To Watch Out For
There are a few disadvantages to take into account despite the many advantages of these products. They might be fairly pricey, to start. You might need to buy several bottles or containers of cleaner, depending on the make and model of your spa, in order to thoroughly clean every filter. Additionally, certain cleaners call for the use of specialist tools or equipment to be applied properly, which might increase the cost. It takes several steps to use these cleaners, such as pre-soaking and washing each filter before rinsing them out with water, which can be time-consuming. Fortunately, there are approaches to reduce these drawbacks. Look for bulk discounts or purchase generic brands that deliver comparable outcomes at a lower price point to save money on these important products. Use an automated technology, like a robotic pool cleaner, to do the majority of the work for you while still producing effective results to save time while cleaning your filters.
What Factors Should Be Used To Evaluate Them?
Effectiveness, cost-efficiency, and environmental impact are the three most crucial quantitative factors to consider while assessing these useful items. The cleaner's effectiveness is measured by how well it cleans the filter of dirt and debris, and its cost-efficiency is measured by the amount of product needed to provide the desired results. The quantity of chemicals used in cleaning and their potential to endanger aquatic life influence the environmental impact. In the end, these three areas offer a thorough analysis of how a specific spa filter cleaner compares to its rivals.
Overall Usage Experience: What You Need To Know
These beneficial items are crucial for maintaining the cleanliness and well-being of your spa. They aid in purifying the water of contaminants like dirt, debris, and other impurities, making your spa safe to use. To achieve the finest results from a spa filter cleaner, it's crucial to carefully follow the manufacturer's directions. In general, you should first rinse the filter with fresh water after soaking it in a mixture of warm water and cleanser for at least 15 minutes. Any tenacious dirt or debris that may be caught on the filter will be helped to loosen by doing this. After washing off the cleanser, you can scrub away any leftover buildup with a brush or sponge. Then, let it air dry fully before reinstalling it in your spa. Your filters will last longer and keep your spa functioning properly for years to come if you clean them regularly.
The general procedures for employing these cleaners are as follows: Before you begin, first ensure that your filter is fully dry. After that, clean the filter of any dirt or debris with a brush. In the third step, spray the cleaner onto the filter and give it a few minutes to absorb. Fourth, use a garden hose or other water source to rinse the cleanser off. Fifth, make sure that the filter has been cleared of any dirt and debris. Before reinstalling your filter in your spa, let it dry fully. If you follow these instructions, your spa filter will be clean and ready for use.
Last update on 2024-02-23 at 19:00 Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product. CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE, COMES FROM AMAZON. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.