Our Choice Recommendation
- BENEFITS: Improves the efficiency and life of the filter
- USE: Soak solution overnight for maximum effect; use when draining and refilling spa or hot tub
- COMPATIBILITY: Chlorine, bromine, ozone and mineral purification systems
Are you having a hard time finding the Jacuzzi filter cleaner that’s best for your needs? Do you wish it could be easier for you to compare and contrast some of the best products on the market in terms of cleaning your hot tub filter?
Once you have finished reading through this article, you’ll be ready to choose the perfect cleaner no matter what type of hot tub you have. You’ll be able to select from between the nine best choices on the market today to find the one that can help you keep your hot tub clean and sparkling at all times.
Now it’s time to get started learning! Read on…
Spa Filter Cleaner on Amazon #1
Nature2 Spa Stick Mineral Sanitizer
The Nature2 Spa Stick Mineral Sanitizer is designed to work much differently than other types of cleaning solutions and sanitizers on the market today. This Amazon spa cleaners product works without bromine or chlorine to keep your water clean and healthy at all times. Best of all, since this is a mineral cartridge, it is designed to more or less clean itself while it works. You will not have to worry about harsh cleaning solutions when you replacing filters regularly with this Amazon spa cleaners product.
- Designed for use with many of the most popular brands and styles on the market today.
- Easy to use with inflatable hot tubs if you are willing to do a little DIY to attach it.
- Operates without the use of harsh chemicals, which can be great for anyone with sensitive skin.
- Pieces which hold the cartridge into place are prone to snapping and breaking frequently.
- This Amazon spas product may not work with older models or those that are less popular.
- Refill cartridges are pricey and may be difficult to find.
Spa Filter Cleaner on Amazon #2
SeaKlear Spa System Flush
This easy to use Amazon spas product made especially for cleaning filters is designed to keep away bacteria as well as unwanted film from in and around. The SeaKlear Spa System Flush helps get rid of calcium deposits that cause slick and slippery surfaces, which can, in turn, keep you safe while you use your perfectly clean hot tub. Best of all, it’s very easy to use as part of a regular cleaning regime, and you can even use it on the surface as well.
- Perfect for removing scum, grime, and sludge that builds up over time on your media and on the surface.
- Great for cleaning out used hot tubs or those that haven’t been in service for a while.
- Works well on jets when kept in regular circulation in your tub water.
- If your surface is a light color, this Amazon spas product may leave behind a ring.
- The smell of this choice may be unpleasant to some individuals.
- This Amazon spas product can cause the water to become too foamy when used too frequently or in too high a quantity.
Spa Filter Cleaner on Amazon #3
Hot Tub Things Instant Cartridge Cleaner
If you are looking for a simple and quick way to effectively remove a lot of unwanted bacteria and build-up, the Hot Tub Things Instant Cartridge Cleaner may be just the answer for you. This chemical-based choice is a popular solution for anyone looking to clean on a budget. This Amazon spa cleaners product can be used for regular cleaning as frequently as every month, and it’s perfect for use when it’s time to soak your media for a deeper and more thorough clean.
- Designed for use with any type of hot tub filters, regardless of brand.
- Comes in a simple spray bottle which makes it easy to spray down your cartridge in between deeper cleans.
- Great at removing grime build-up from your media.
- Because this is a harsh chemical Amazon spas product, it may be irritating to some individuals’ skin and could cause allergic reactions.
- The spray bottle makes it more difficult to use this Amazon spa cleaners product for soaking your media when the time comes.
- This Amazon spas product does not come in a large container, so several bottles may be required for a deep clean, depending on the size of your cartridge.
Spa Filter Cleaner on Amazon #4
Spa Kit Jacuzzi Cleaner Supply Blue Wave
The Spa Kit Jacuzzi Cleaner Supply Blue Wave is a large-scale cleaning system that’s designed to be used as a complete package. This Amazon spas product comes packaged with everything you need to clean your hot tub, all in one convenient set. This Amazon spas product is a great solution for anyone who uses the hot tub a lot and will require more frequent deep cleanings, as it can help save you a lot of money in the long run on buying all of these products separately.
- With everything in one convenient package, you don’t have to worry about forgetting any important parts of your cleaning solution ensemble.
- The tablets for the filter cleaning portion of this Amazon spas product are very easy to use and great for soaking during a regular deep clean.
- This choice can be used with almost every type of hot tub, regardless of brand.
- If you don’t use your hot tub often, this choice may be too involved of a cleaning set for you to purchase.
- The cost may be too high if you don’t do deep cleanings as often as other owners.
- If you already own all of these Amazon spas products and are only looking for the cleaning tablets, you cannot purchase them separately.
Spa Filter Cleaner on Amazon #5
Jacuzzi T627000 System Clean
The Jacuzzi T627000 System Clean is an easy to use cleaning set designed for use with all Jacuzzi tubs. It’s made to remove debris, grime, soap scum, dirt and other minerals and sediments from your cartridge as well as from the surface. If you have a problem with hard water and frequent calcium deposits, this Amazon spa cleaners product is a great solution to help keep your surfaces free from the film that comes along with a hard water issue.
- Works well for use with Jacuzzi jets in keeping grime and build-up from interrupting their normal use.
- Easy to use by simply dropping the packet into the water you plan to clean your filter with.
- Affordable in comparison to other, similar products on the market.
- This Amazon spas product has a very strong smell of cleaning solution that might be irritating to some more sensitive individuals.
- This choice may take more than one cycle to completely clean the surfaces as well as the filter.
- Not designed for frequent cleaning, but better used for deep cleaning.
Spa Filter Cleaner on Amazon #6
Whirlout WO06N Jetted Bath Cleaner
Grab a bottle of this Whirlout WO06N Jetted Bath Cleaner and get ready to clean like never before. This Amazon spa cleaners product is made for use with all of the working parts, so you can use it on your cartridge media as well as the other pieces that make up your whole Jacuzzi system. Use it to clean surfaces, inner workings, and any additional parts you might notice getting grimy with extended use. It’s even safe for use with the jets, so you can get rid of that build-up of scum around them while cleaning your filter too.
- This Amazon spas product is a strong product that works very well at getting rid of build-up and residue on your media.
- Cleans well without leaving any oily rings if you use it on your spa surfaces.
- Designed for easy soaking of your cartridge media in a short amount of time.
- This choice is chemically based, so it might be too strong for anyone with skin allergies or other reasons for avoiding harsh chemicals.
- This Amazon spas product may not be strong enough to deal with hard water build-up after one use, and may require a second clean to really remove this tough grime.
- Is not designed to remove most bacteria from the filter, although it does clean debris and dirt well.
Spa Filter Cleaner on Amazon #7
AquaFinesse Filter Cleaner
If you’re looking for an excellent way to clean your media without relying on a cleaner that’s made for the whole hot tub, this AquaFinesse Filter Cleaner is the perfect solution to suit your needs. This Amazon spa cleaners product comes in a convenient tablet form that makes it easy to soak your cartridge when the time comes. Just drop a tablet in a bucket of water and soak your cartridge for one to three hours in order to remove all the built-up grime, debris, and bacteria that come from the normal use. In just a short amount of time, you’ll have a clean filter ready for use once again.
- This Amazon spas product doesn’t contain any harsh chemicals, which makes it safe to use even for individuals who are sensitive to most chemical ingredients.
- Each tablet is individually wrapped, so you don’t have to worry about storing this Amazon spas product in a place where it won’t spill or be concerned with getting it on your hands when you use it.
- This choice can be used with any type of filter, no matter the brand, size, or type.
- All but the smallest hot tubs will require at least two tablets per use, meaning you’ll have to double up every time you clean.
- Tablets may not dissolve completely on first use and may need to be broken by hand if this happens.
- Tablets may cause a strange aroma during the use immediately following cleaning.
Spa Filter Cleaner on Amazon #8
Hot Tub Things Spa Cartridge Cleaner
Reach for this bottle of Hot Tub Things Spa Cartridge Cleaner when you want an affordable solution to your cleaning needs. This Amazon spa cleaners product is made from deep-cleaning chemicals that work together to remove all the built-up bacteria and residue from your cartridge media. Use this choice as a part of your regular deep cleanings to keep your filter clean and functioning properly for a long time to come.
- This Amazon spas product is made to be used with just about any type of spa you might have, regardless of brand.
- This choice is an affordable bottle of cleaning liquid that comes in a large size, making it a good Amazon spa cleaners product for owners on a budget.
- This is one of the only cleaning products that’s able to remove oils from the filter very well.
- This Amazon spa cleaners product is too harsh for regular light cleaning usage and should be avoided until time to deep clean your media.
- Because this is a chemical Amazon spa cleaners product, you might notice some damage to your skin or the surface if you aren’t diligent in washing it completely from the filter before use.
- This Amazon spas product cannot be used on the surface or inner workings, and it isn’t recommended for use with the jets.
Spa Filter Cleaner on Amazon #9
Leisure Time O Filter Clean Cartridge Cleaner
Choose the Leisure Time O Filter Clean Cartridge Cleaner for a product that’s sure to give you the deep clean you’re looking for in your filter. This Leisure Time choice has been around for a long time and continually provides excellent items to owners looking to keep their hot tubs as clean as possible. This choice can be used with cartridge as well as other types of filters, so no matter what you’re looking to clean, you can take care of it with this Amazon spa cleaners product from Leisure Time.
Leisure Time PROS
- Designed for both soaking and rinsing, making this Amazon spa cleaners product a great all-around product from Leisure Time for your cleaning needs.
- This Leisure Time product works along with any type of sanitizer you might have installed in your spa.
- May be used as an overnight soaking cleaner for really dirty filters.
Leisure Time CONS
- This Amazon spa cleaners product may take a few cleaning cycles to work on very dirty filters.
- This Leisure Time product is not able to completely remove stains from media material, although bacteria and dirt will al ways be removed.
- This Amazon spas product is an price product that may be too pricey for some owners on a budget.
Why Does Filter Cleaner Matter?
Filter cleaner is an important part of your repertoire for a variety of reasons. To begin with, it can help you get a deeper clean than you can get from simply using water alone. If you clean your filter only with water every time instead of soaking it in a cleaning solution, you won’t be able to remove set-in particles and certain types of sediments and minerals that cling to the media over time.
You also won’t be able to kill the problem bacteria you need to remove from the water you’ll be soaking in. It’s also a good idea to use filter cleaner because soap or dishwashing liquid can damage your filter. If you use regular soap, dish soap, or laundry detergent on your media it’s more likely to disintegrate and shred quickly. If this type of soap foams up too much, you’ll have to deal with clogged jets and maybe even a broken pump too. Always use a good cleaning solution to reduce the risk of problems when cleaning your filter.
There are many excellent cleaning solutions for you to choose from, and each one brings its own strengths and weaknesses. Depending on your spa needs, the size, the brand you’re working with, and more, you might want to choose a specific type of cleaner over another one to work best for you. Whichever cleaner you choose, be sure to follow the directions earlier in the article to clean your filter properly every time. Pay close attention to how often you’re cleaning the filter, and remember to change it every year to two years as well. You will have a sparkling clean spa with safe, clear water at all times when you follow these simple tips and choose one of these great cleaners.
Last update on 2021-01-15 at 22:55 Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product. CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE, COMES FROM AMAZON. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.