|1||Zeo, Inc ZeoSand-50 ZeoSand Swimming Pool Sand Replacement,...||2,054 Reviews||CHECK PRICE|
|2||FairmountSantrol AquaQuartz-50 Pool Filter 20-Grade Silica Sand...||11,862 Reviews||CHECK PRICE|
|3||Aitsite 1.5 lbs Pool Filter Balls Eco-Friendly Fiber Filter Media...||1,151 Reviews||CHECK PRICE|
|4||ZeoSand Sand Filter Media - 150 Pounds||116 Reviews||CHECK PRICE|
|5||FilterBalls Minis - Clean Tech Filter Media - Made in The USA,...||214 Reviews||CHECK PRICE|
Do you want the cleanest pool on the block? Are you interested in using a sand or diatomaceous earth filter to make that happen? Do you want to know more about the many different options available to you when choosing the right type of filter pool sand for one of these popular filters?
In this article, you’ll explore some of the best pool sand choices on the market today. Whether you’re looking for sand, earth, or something entirely different, you’ll find it on this list, and you’ll be able to compare and contrast it to other types of pool sand to figure out which one is best for your specific needs. By the time you get through this article, you should be ready to purchase the perfect product for your pool to help keep it running smoothly and cleanly for a long time to come. So let’s get started!
Find The Best Pool Sand Options Below
In this section, you’ll be able to look for the perfect pool sand filter replacement or alternative to DE for your pool filter. Check out the many options available to you and don’t be afraid to compare and contrast your favorites to help you choose.
Our Choice Recommendation: Pool Filter Sand #20 Grade Silica Pool Sand
***TRIANGLE & HAMMER-HEAD POOL VAC HEADS: Best Pool Vacuum Head.
This Pool Filter Sand #20 Grade Silica Sand is a great alternative to traditional pool sand that doesn’t deviate too far from the normal standard in this type of filtration. This natural pool sand is always free from any chemicals that could potentially harm you or your swimming pool, and it’s capable of intense filtration that can help you get rid of even the most difficult to fight contaminants and bacteria in your pool water. Best of all, since this pool sand is very fine grained, it won’t back up or clog in your filter, which is sure to make you happy as your pool water will stay clean and clear without any potential issues arising.
- Very clean pool sand is well-packaged in a durable bag that is almost always in great shape on arrival.
- #20 pool sand is meant to work with just about any type of pool filter, which makes it great for universal use.
- This product can even be used in some aquariums to provide great filtration and even a substrate.
- Some very fine particles may drift into your pool water, but this will usually stop after a few cycles.
- May not work well with very low-budget pool filters that cannot handle the finer grain on this pool sand.
- May be more expensive than some of the other products listed here.
While filter glass isn’t as sharp and painful as it might sound, it is a great product that’s designed to provide even more excellent filtration for your swimming pool than other types of pool sand might. This best pool filter sands product is made of silica just like other types of pool sand, but it’s put through different processes to make it slightly different in terms of texture and filtration. This makes it better than most types of products at removing waterborne illnesses like E. coli that may be difficult for other types to effectively get rid of in your water. You can find this best pool filter sands product anywhere you find pool filter sand for sale.
***SWIMMING FILTRATION: Clean your swimming pool with a suitable inground pool pump and filter combo. Our in-ground filtration can quickly f... Inground Pool Pump And Filter Combo.
- Incredible product that gets even the dirtiest of water crystal clear with just a few cycles.
- This best pool filter sands product often cleans pool water well enough that you won’t need to use harsh treatment chemicals any longer.
- You will only have to buy about half the amount of FilterGlass as you would pool sand.
- Can be much more expensive than some of the other products listed here, especially for long-term use.
- Your filter must be completely cleaned out before you use this product, and you cannot have a trace of traditional pool sand in the filter or it won’t work properly.
- Backwashing may take a little longer with this best pool filter sands product than with traditional pool sand.
Option #3. No products found.
In the No products found. additives are a new product that have been taking the world of pool filtration by storm. These excellent little balls can be added to your filter and are designed to do all the work a larger and bulkier product can do without having to spend a lot of money or waste a lot of space on storage, either. These filterballs are designed to last for several years at a time without needing to be replaced, and best of all, a single lb. of them is capable of being used as an alternative to a full 100 pounds (lbs) of traditional pool sand! If you prefer not to buy pool filter sand in huge quantities, this solution might be right for you.
- This lightweight pool sand makes it easy to pick up the bag as well as the filter tank as needed.
- Cycles through very quickly and provides very clean water without a long wait time.
- Backwashes and cleans the same way as traditional pool sand, so there’s no difficult learning curve with this unique product.
- Only lasts for a part of the season and will often need to be replaced before your swimming season is done.
- Filterballs often wash out during backwashes, which may end up costing you more in the long run.
- May not work with all types of filters, pumps, or salt generators.
Option #4. ZeoSand Alternative Pool Sand
When you want a great swimming pool filter sand replacement product that won’t take up nearly as much space in your storage, you need this ZeoSand Alternative Pool Sand right away. ZeoSand is an excellent product that can be used in place of pool sand and is capable of reducing the amount you need by half. This means that if you usually purchase 100 pounds (lbs) of pool sand, you’ll only need to stock up on 50 pounds (lbs) of ZeoSand to do the same job even better. With this large bag, you’ll be good to go!
***COST-EFFICIENT FILTRATION DESIGN: Commercial Pool Filters.
- Excellent customer service and quality control that work together to ensure that your questions are answered and your experience is a good one.
- Lasts for up to 5 years without needing to be replaced completely.
- Easy to pour into your filter and use without having to take anything apart.
- You will need to completely backwash your old pool sand out of your filter until it’s clear before you use this best pool filter sands product, or you’ll have cloudy water.
- Has been known to arrive in boxes that are damaged or leaking.
- This best pool filter sands product is a very expensive product, although you won’t have to replace it as often and will save money in the long run.
Pool Sand for DE Filters
This affordable little bag is a great way to get all the benefits of using a DE filter with none of the hassle or health concerns associated with diatomaceous earth. With this best pool filter sands product, you can easily add the Fiber Clear 4009DC Cellulose Fiber Pool Sand DE Alternative for Swimming Pools to your filter and never again have to worry about using something potentially harmful and toxic in your pool water. This small bag is a great way to give this best pool filter sands product a try without necessarily having to commit to a large size until you’re ready.
- You can use this best pool filter sands product with cartridge filters as well as with sand or DE filters to provide incredibly clear, clean water no matter what.
- Less likely to clog up your filter than traditional diatomaceous earth may be.
- Very easy to use by simply opening the bag and pouring it directly into your filter without having to take anything apart.
- May not be a great product for long-run use, since it’s a small bag intended for a single dose.
- May cause water to become filmy or cloudy for a few days, especially after the first use.
- This best pool filter sands product has been known to cause rare issues with older model pool pumps.
Option #6. Pro Guard 23793BPG Cellulose Fiber
***GET YOUR SAFETY VALVE: Find auto air relief filtration valves for pools in our automatic air relief safety valve list. Automatic Air Relief Valve Pool Filter.
Sometimes, you may find yourself having some problems with diatomaceous earth. In some places, this best pool filter sands product is considered to cause health risks and potentially dangerous waterborne illnesses. Even if you don’t believe DE is dangerous, you still might not want to use it simply because it costs quite a lot and a large amount of it is required every time you clean your filter. If this is the case, give the Pro Guard 23793BPG Cellulose Fiber product a try instead. This excellent product provides a great alternative to DE for your filter that won’t cost you a fortune.
- This best pool filter sands product is a very easy to use product that you can simply pour in and cycle once to get it started.
- This best pool filter sands product is a less toxic type of product that isn’t damaging to people or to the environment.
- The product is completely biodegradable, which is even better for eco-friendly pool operation.
- May take several days to completely clear up your pool water, as this best pool filter sands product can cause a hazy film in the water at first.
- Some filter pumps are not compatible with cellulose fiber and may stop working shortly after use.
- Backwashing may take longer and require more hands-on work with this best pool filter sands product than with traditional DE.
Do you prefer to work with a product other than diatomaceous earth for your DE filter? If so, you might want to go with perlite instead. With the Perlite 4212 Filter Powder DE Alternative for Swimming Pools , you’ll be able to clean your pool water quickly and efficiently without having to use a huge amount of the product every time. Best of all, this product is capable of filtering down to 3 microns when you use it with a compatible filter, which makes it a great alternative for anyone looking to steer clear of the issues sometimes associated with diatomaceous earth.
- Perlite is much less likely to cause blockages in your product, which means smoother cycles and cleaner water all around.
- This pool sand only takes an overnight cycle to completely overhaul even the murkiest of pool water.
- It usually takes about half as much perlite as it does DE for these types of filters to run properly.
- Can be a little more expensive than traditional DE for your filter.
- This best pool filter sands product has been known to arrive with rips or tears in the bag, causing leakage.
- If you happen to accidentally spill the perlite, it will be difficult to clean up.
Last update on 2022-09-06 at 01:41 Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product. CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE, COMES FROM AMAZON. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.