POOL FILTER SAND: Use ~~Swimming SAND on Amazon~~! *SEE NOW* Pool filter sand supplies on Amazon (Quikrete & HTH 50-lb) graded to aid and filter your outdoor home swimming pools or spa! Use pool filter sand with your swimming filter equipment and keep living and swimming in clear water today! See pool filter sand price, features, gradation, and more! Order yours today!
*SEE MORE BELOW*
Our Top Recommendation
- Ecologically safe sand does not solidify and will help prevent clogging and channeling
- 100% natural sand is chemical free and backwashes easily and evenly
- Filters out insects, leaves, oils, dirt, dust, hair and algae from pool water
POOL FILTER SAND ALTERNATIVES
Are you tired of spending all your hard-earned moolah on pool filter sand for your sand filter?
Do you want to know what other options are available out there that will get the job done just as well?
Have you considered pool filter sand alternatives for your pool sand filter?
If any of these questions sound familiar, you're definitely in the RIGHT PLACE. Read on...
Sand pool filters are a great alternative to the traditional cartridge option. They usually require less maintenance and cleaning overall, and they can provide a lot more filtration in most instances.
But buying the right sand for your filter can be complicated, and that’s what this article is here for! Below, you’ll learn about sand in pool filter options and discover plenty of information to help you choose the right one for your needs. You’ll even be able to check out the top 6 sand solutions as well as the top 6 alternatives to traditional sand.
In no time, you’ll be able to pick the best sand for pool filter use to suit your specific home swimming pool! So let’s get started.
Pool Filter Sand ~~Swimming SAND on Amazon~~
Choose HTH 67074 Pool Sand 50lb for outdoor home swimming pools when you want to use a good-quality sand at a budget-friendly price. This large bag of sand is perfect for just about any type of sand filter, regardless of brand or size.
- This is a common and affordable type of sand that can get the job done well.
- This sand usually arrives clean and free from dust.
- The packaging this sand comes in is durable and not prone to leaks.
- This is a common and affordable type of sand that can get the job done well.
- May not be able to cycle through your filter correctly, leading to clogging in some instances.
- Has been known to backwash out of the filter, especially with regular cleaning and maintenance.
Choose this filter sand for home outdoor swimming pool use when you want a good standard sand solution without spending a lot of money to get it. This is one of the most popular types of sand available on the market today.
- This is an affordable bag of sand from a trusted seller, so you don’t have to worry about buying from an unknown supplier.
- This sand’s quality is very high and it always arrives quite clean and ready to use.
- Works well in any type of outdoor home swimming pool as well as in fish tanks.
- This sand cannot be used with Intex and some other default pool filter brands.
- Some fine grains of sand may be mixed into this bag, which may make their way into your outdoor home swimming pool water.
- The sand may take a while to cycle through your filter.
This silica style sand for sand filter for outdoor home swimming pool use provides a clean and heavy option that is sure to keep your swimming pool sparkling for a long time to come. Don’t be fooled by the name—it isn’t concrete!
- This is an affordable bag of no 20 silica sand for pool filters that won’t put you over budget.
- This clean sand can be easily used with any type of outdoor home swimming pool, regardless of material or color.
- This bag includes some grains up to size 40 to help with catching different types of debris.
- This sand cannot be used with all types of pool filters, and particularly not with the smaller and less powerful model sand filters.
- May wash out of the filter if you perform backwashing maintenance with the sand already in place.
- This sand may be less safe for use with kids and pets than other types.
This sand for pool filters 50lbs bag is a great starter solution for anyone just getting into sand-style filtration. It’s affordable and easy to handle with no hidden complications.
- This is a good, clean sand that can work well for outdoor home swimming pools as well as for fish tanks.
- This sand makes a good alternative to play sand without having to spend a fortune.
- Heavy and durable sand in quality packaging.
- Depending on the type of filter you have, this smaller grain sand may cause clogs.
- With the cost of shipping such a heavy item, this sand can get a little more expensive.
- May wash out of the filter when performing backwashing maintenance and cleaning.
This is a powerful quartz style white sand bag. It’s odorless, safe for the environment, and has a large enough diameter per individual piece that it can easily trap contaminants with no problem.
- Because it isn’t dyed, this sand is perfect for use in white and light colored outdoor home swimming pools.
- This sand is tested to be sure it won’t clog your filter, so you can use it safely.
- It can be used with both in-ground and above ground outdoor home swimming pools equally.
- This outdoor home swimming pool filters sand cannot be used with any filters for a pop-up pool.
- This is a more expensive sand option compared to many others available on the market today.
- Bags may arrive with small tears or leaks, so take care when unpackaging.
Pool Filter Sand Alternatives
These are some of the alternatives to traditional sand filters. If you’re looking for something more efficient or more environmentally friendly, you might prefer one of these solutions instead.
ZeoSand is a lightweight alternative to traditional silica sand for pool filter use. Although it’s a little more costly than regular sand, a little of it goes a long way, and it’s sure to last much longer than you might expect too.
- Since ZeoSand isn’t the same consistency as glass sand for pool filter use you can use about half the amount to get the same results.
- The ZeoSand company is dedicated to its quality customer service, so you can always call and ask for help if you need it.
- You can use this product for at least two years before it needs to be changed.
- If you don’t backwash first, you may end up with very cloudy and dirty outdoor home swimming pool water.
- ZeoSand may bring up the pressure in your filter much higher than regular sand in some rare instances.
- May arrive dusty and need to be rinsed several times before use.
This single pound bag of filter balls is designed to replace up to 100 pounds of traditional sand for pool sand filter use. At around the same price as a bag of high-quality sand, it can save you a lot of money in the long run!
- This is an energy-efficient product that lowers the pressure in your filter.
- All of the materials used in this product are completely recyclable.
- These filter balls are designed to last at least three years with regular maintenance.
- This product may be able to be used with every type of sand filter.
- If you use this product along with other outdoor home swimming pool treatment, such as chemicals or salt, it may affect the reliability of the filter balls.
- Backwashing will remove some of the filter balls with every time.
This is not an alternative to pool sand for filter use on its own, but it is an additive that you can use along with your sand to make it even better at removing contaminants.
- This is an affordable product that can keep your outdoor home swimming pool water clean and sparkling.
- Even if your home swimming pool is kept outdoors during rain, this enhancer will bring the quality of the water back to normal in no time.
- This is a great option for any outdoor home swimming pools that see regular heavy use.
- This product cannot be used on its own and may not work well with filter balls and some other alternatives.
- You must add this to your pool filter once a week for it to work properly.
- May not be able to be used along with lower-power filters.
RX Clear Luster Eco-Friendly Filter is an excellent alternative to sand for a pool filter. Made of polyethylene, this media is completely safe for the environment as well as for any kids or pets who might find their way into the bag.
- This media is designed to never clog your filter and be very easy to clean when the time comes.
- This is an environmentally-friendly and non-toxic product safe for use around kids and pets.
- If you have skin allergies or very sensitive skin, this filter media won’t cause you to break out.
- You may need to change this filter media more frequently than you would with other types of alternatives.
- You might see cloudier water with this product than you would with other options.
- This media isn’t for use with all types of sand filters.
This zeolite alternative to filter sand is designed to give you crystal clear water without having to use nearly as much weight or volume as you would with a traditional type of sand.
- This is an affordable type of zeolite sand that will give you a lot of use without a lot of costs.
- You can use this sand for at least two years without needing to replace it.
- You only need to use half the amount of this product you would need if you were using regular sand.
- Since this product is made from silica, it is not safe for use with young children or pets.
- This sand alternative may be very dusty on arrival and need to be rinsed several times before use.
- You cannot use this product with all types of sand filters, and particularly not the lower-power ones.
Pool Filter Sand is a MUST!
There are a lot of different options out there depending on your specific pool filter needs. Remember that the best sand for you isn’t necessarily the same one your neighbor uses, and each individual outdoor home swimming pool must be considered fully before you can make a decision. Look through this list carefully and choose whether or not you want to use sand, silica, quartz, or a new alternative substance. From there, making the right call should be simple!
Don’t be afraid to experiment with a few different types of filter media until you get the right one. As long as each type you try can be used safely with your filter, you have the freedom to explore a little and do some shopping around. When you find the right one, your outdoor home swimming pool and your whole family will thank you for it!
Last update on 2020-11-25 at 04:45 Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product. CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE, COMES FROM AMAZON. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.