Searching for the best refrigerator water filters? See our top picks right here! ***See more on BEST REFRIGERATOR WATER FILTER below***
Our Top Recommendation
- GE guaranteed fit: Compatible with select GE side-by-side and bottom-freezer refrigerators
- Premium filtration: Certified to reduce chlorine-resistant cysts, lead, select pharmaceuticals and 15 other...
- Twist and lock design: Simple design provides easy, tool-free, no-mess filter replacement.Max. Filtered Water Flow...
Looking for refrigerator water filter reviews? See the best refrigerator water filters on this list. Most of the refrigerator water filters out there can’t match the BEST refrigerator filters on the market so we’ve chosen the best aftermarket refrigerator water filter options that won’t let you down. So, if you need the best generic refrigerator water filter that most refrigerator water filters can’t beat, choose one below and order today!
The word “aftermarket” refers to any item that is made for use with another product by a different company than the original product. For example, if you purchase a water filter from the GE brand name, but you buy a filter cartridge replacement from another company that isn’t part of GE, then this is an aftermarket filter.
Another term for aftermarket is “third-party.” When buying a refrigerator water filter, there’s no reason not to go with an aftermarket product as long as you can find one that fits your existing water filter device. It isn’t hard to find these filters, but it can take some time to locate the right model for your needs.
In this article, we’ll show you seven good quality aftermarket filters you can choose from to get your water clean and fresh in no time.
Read on to find the best aftermarket refrigerator water filter for your needs.
1. Refresh Replacement for Samsung Refrigerator Water Filter
The Refresh Replacement for Samsung Refrigerator Water Filter is a third-party filter replacement that works with many Samsung refrigerator models. It will not negatively impact your water flow rate and is designed to filter out chlorine while still leaving in all the minerals you need for a healthy body.
- This filter works with the majority of Samsung refrigerators on the market today.
- The product is one of the best-selling filters on the market for Samsung products.
- Many customers report this product leaking even after just a few weeks of use.
- The filter may last half the time as OEM water filters.
2. Kenmore LG Replacement Refrigerator Water Filter
The Kenmore LG Replacement Refrigerator Water Filter is made by Kenmore but can also be used with some LG refrigerators as well. This product can last up to six months in most situations and removes chlorine from your water while improving the taste at the same time.
- This filter can be installed in just a few quick and easy steps.
- The product usually lasts as long as advertised.
- Many customers have had issues receiving knock-offs of this product when it isn’t ordered from the manufacturer.
- The filter will not fit correctly in some rare instances.
3. Frigidaire FBA_ULTRAWF Filter
For Frigidaire refrigerators including many different model numbers, you may need the Frigidaire FBA ULTRAWF Filter . This filter is perfect for removing lead and heavy metal contaminants as well as chemicals, organic pollutants, and more. It will also make your water smell and taste better as well.
- This filter is one of the best-selling fridge water filters on the market and is a great choice if it will work with your fridge.
- The product is very durable and built to last.
- Some filters may arrive damaged or not working right out of the box.
- The filter may take some time to get set up.
4. Samsung Refrigerator Water Filter
Try this Samsung Refrigerator Water Filter when you have a Samsung brand fridge, particularly one of the newer models. This product can cut back on most of the common contaminants in tap water to improve the smell and taste of the water in your fridge. It is certified for safety and taste both.
- This filter is easy to install by following the included packaging directions.
- The filter can cut back on some of the most harmful contaminants, improving the health of your water.
- The filter may not be able to be used for lead.
- Some customers have received damaged or used products, but this is uncommon.
5. LG Refrigerator Water Filter
If you have an LG refrigerator, then you may need to go with this LG Refrigerator Water Filter . This product can cut back on chlorine contamination in your drinking water and can also make your ice and water both taste and smell much better. It is designed to last about six months before you’ll need to replace it.
- This filter also works for some heavy metals.
- The filter can be used with many LG refrigerator models and is likely to cover most modern ones.
- Some customers have reported this filter not filtering very well at all.
- It may be difficult to get this filter to fit your refrigerator properly.
6. EveryDrop by Whirlpool Refrigerator Water Filter
The EveryDrop by Whirlpool Refrigerator Water Filter is designed for use with several Whirlpool brand products. It can be used with Maytag, Amana, and a handful of others, and it covers many model numbers among these brand names as well. The filter is made by Whirlpool and is a durable, strong solution.
- This filter can remove lead, parasites, and chemicals as well as other contaminants from the water.
- The filter is easy to install and replace as needed.
- The filter may develop a loud, strange sound over time.
- The filter may start leaking in some instances.
7. General Electric MWF Refrigerator Water Filter
Try this General Electric MWF Refrigerator Water Filter if you have a GE fridge and are looking for a filter option. This product is meant for use with certain side-by-side and bottom-freezer variations of the GE fridge, and it is designed to last up to six months depending on the initial quality of your water.
- This filter is easy to install by just twisting it into place and locking it in.
- This is a powerful filter that can even remove some pharmaceutical contamination.
- The product is an OEM substitution and may not fit as advertised in some instances.
- The product may cause water to taste bad.
Did you find a filter that will work for your existing product? How well do these filters work in general? Are they as good as the original ones? Can you do anything to make them work better?
For the most part, aftermarket water filter replacements are good quality and tend to work well for the models they are made for. Some of them even work better than the originals, according to the customers who buy them time and time again. As with any product, of course, it’s possible to find ones that may not work as well as promised. If you do happen to come by one that doesn’t work or fit quite right, you may be able to adjust the fittings to solve the issue.
If working with the fittings doesn’t make the product fit better, however, chances are you’ll need to try another third-party filter for your refrigerator’s needs.
Pick from the products on our list above and you’re sure to bring home a filter that will work as it claims to and clean up your water easily.
Last update on 2021-01-22 at 18:06 Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product. CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE, COMES FROM AMAZON. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.