How do exterior water filers work on RVs?
Is it important to have one of these?
Do you need one for your RV?
If you do a lot of traveling in an RV, chances are you’ve found yourself in need of fresh drinking water once or twice on the road. Sometimes, when you hook up your RV at a campsite, you can’t be sure the water is safe for drinking or washing with.
If this happens to you, it can be handy to have a portable exterior RV water filter available for use. These products hook up to your water supply and into your RV’s plumbing to provide you with fresh, clean, filtered water whenever you need it on the go.
***PORTABLE SALTWATER WATERMAKERS: Get your Desalinator (PORTABLE SALTWATER WATERMAKERS) today! Try water desalination with portable watermaker product... Desalinator.
Below, we’ve put together a list of RV water filter products for you to check out. Take a look at them to find the right choice for your RV needs, and you’ll be well on your way to enjoying clean and fresh drinking water any time from the comfort of your own private vacation home.
|1||Camco TastePure RV/Marine Water Filter with Flexible Hose...||34,085 Reviews||CHECK PRICE|
|2||Camco 40045 TastePURE Inline RV Water Filter, Greatly Reduces Bad...||14,165 Reviews||CHECK PRICE|
|3||Camco TastePURE RV Dual Canister Water Filter, Carbon KDF |...||158 Reviews||CHECK PRICE|
|4||Camco EVO Premium RV & Marine Water Filter, Greatly Reduces Bad...||1,857 Reviews||CHECK PRICE|
|5||Camco 40019 TastePURE Inline XL RV Water Filter with Flexible...||1,343 Reviews||CHECK PRICE|
See our reviews below for the following RV water filtration top picks:
- Camco 40645 TastePure RV & Marine Filter
- Camco TastePure Inline Filter
- Culligan RV-800 Exterior Pre-Tank
- Culligan RVF-10 Exterior RV Drinking Filter
- Hydro Life 52141 HL-200 External Filter Kit
Read on to find the best exterior RV water filter today!
***BEST-IN-CLASS FILTRATION AND PURIFICATION RV WATER FILTER SYSTEMS: Find the best RV water filter systems for your camper and get great-tasting water purification on the road. Get best... Best Rv Water Filters.
Our Choice Recommendation
- Safe Water Matters: GAC (Granular Activated Carbon) filtration greatly reduces bad taste, odor, chlorine, and...
- Multiple Uses: Can be attached to any standard gardening or water hose to provide healthier drinking water and...
- 20-Micron Sediment Filter: Removes particles greater than 20 microns
Option #1. Camco 40645 TastePure RV & Marine Filter
Try the Camco 40645 TastePure RV & Marine Filter for chlorine and sediment filtration anytime. This best RV water filter system has a low lead content and can be used for up to four months before you need to worry about changing it. This best RV water filter system can help make your freshwater taste and smell better for drinking and cooking.
- This offer is a low-cost option that’s very affordable and easy to fit into most RV travel budgets.
- Many customers are pleased with the taste of the water from this option.
- You may need to tape the threads on this offer to prevent them from leaking.
- Some customers have not noticed significant changes with this best RV water filtration system.
Option #2. Camco TastePure Inline Filter
Buy either a two-pack or a four-pack when you choose the Camco TastePure Inline Filter . This inline choice is built to last throughout your camping season and is designed to improve the flow rate as well as the capacity of your RV water.
- This inline option filters out sediments and chlorine as well as improves the taste and smell of your water supply.
- The inline filter may also remove some chemicals from your water as well.
- The inline product does not come with everything required to hook it up.
- The inline product may start leaking quickly.
Option #3. Culligan RV-800 Exterior Pre-Tank
***BEST BACKPACKING WATER FILTER: Get portable water-to-go with the best backpacking water filters for quick campsite water-purification. See the best... Best Camping Water Filter.
The Culligan RV-800 Exterior Pre-Tank includes a flexible connector hose and is easy to set up on just about any RV. This offer can provide you with freshwater that tastes as good as it looks and is durable enough to hold up to plenty of use when you’re on the go.
- Aside from just chlorine and sediment, this option also handles turbidity and bacteria in the water.
- The product is designed to reduce the risk of bacteria growing inside and on the filter.
- The flow rate will decrease significantly when the product is nearing its end.
- The filter may cause carbon flakes to get into the water.
Option #4. Culligan RVF-10 Exterior RV Drinking Filter
The Culligan RVF-10 Exterior RV Drinking Filter can give you easy access to clean drinking water from the comfort of your RV. This lightweight, compact offer won’t weigh down your RV or take up any of your storage space when not in use, and it comes with everything you need to set it up quickly, too.
- This choice can be used for up to 250 gallons of water before you need to replace the filter media.
- It’s easy to install this offer on your garden hose or other flexible hose.
- The filter may cause your water pressure to decrease quite a lot.
- The product may leak easily.
Option #5. Hydro Life 52141 HL-200 External Filter Kit
Choose the Hydro Life 52141 HL-200 External Filter Kit for a durable and easy-to-use filter for your RV. This best RV water filter system improves the taste and smell of your water and cuts down on the risk of bacteria growing within the filter as well.
***GREAT GRAVITY-POWERED FILTERING: The best gravity water filtration solutions provide versatile gravity-fed filtering for your next trip. Gravity-powe... Best Gravity Water Filter.
- You can replace the filter cartridge without the need for tools.
- This offer is slim and light enough to make storage easy.
- The product may leak right after installation.
- The casing may develop cracks after just a few weeks of use.
There are many different styles, types, and sizes of filters on the market for RV use. Picking the right one can take some time, and you may be a little bit concerned that you’ll end up with the wrong one. However, with a little planning and thinking, you should be able to choose the perfect filter for your needs right away from the list of high-quality products above.
How can you know a filter is right for your needs? Are there ways to narrow down your options, or are they all more or less the same? Here are a few ways you can tell:
- Choose how many canisters of filtration you need. The more canisters, the more well-filtered the water will be. However, your RV may not have the space for larger filter systems, or they may be too strong depending on how you’re planning to use them. Picking the right size for your RV is a crucial step.
- Choose which pollutants you want to filter out of your water. For example, most filters will handle chlorine and fluoride, but not all of them will take care of nitrates or sediments. By choosing the level of filtration and the types of contaminants you’re concerned with, you’ll be able to better narrow down your options and find a good filter for your RV.
- Be sure to check on the flow rate. Some filters may slow down your flow rate considerably, and this can be a pain when you’re already dealing with the lower water pressure in an RV or at a campsite.
In the end, you’ll need to make the final decision for which filter to use for your RV based on your specific needs and the goals you have in mind. If you’re traveling on your own, you can probably get away with a smaller sized filter that doesn’t process quite as much water in a day. On the other hand, if you’re traveling with your family, you’ll need to think bigger. And if you have a baby, be sure to pick a filter that can handle nitrates, too.
Once you have the right filter in mind, your RV experience will be that much safer, healthier, and better-tasting, too!
Last update on 2022-02-25 at 20:11 Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product. CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE, COMES FROM AMAZON. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.