Are you looking for the best inline water filter reviews? See our top picks right here!
Our Top Recommendation
- Designed for use with refrigerators, ice-makers, RV, campers, boats, water fountains, water coolers, and commercial...
- Compatible with all water supply using 1/4 inch lines. Easily connects to existing plumbing
- Includes one 10” KDF Inline Filter and two 1/4 inch brass connectors
Do you want a water filter kit for refrigerators and be sure you won’t overpay for inline filter, ice maker? You’re in the RIGHT place! Order a high-quality inline water filter for refrigerator and the pure water in line water filter can be yours today. We’ve picked the options that offer quality and affordable inline water filter systems below. Order one today!
Are you planning to get an inline water filter for your fridge? Do you want to compare a few good ones that are available before you decide which one to buy? Do you want to know how to change a used inline water filter?
The quality of water that you drink is extremely important, and here is how an inline water filter can help you. Today we are taking a look at how it works and why it works well when used in a refrigerator.
We are also sharing detailed reviews of some of the best inline water filters in the market. You can read their price range as well as features and pros and cons, so that it makes it easier for you to compare them. Also, we take a look at whether you can change an inline water filter yourself, and things you need to keep in mind.
What is an in-line water filter?
An inline water filter is a type of water filter, which, instead of being a separate water filter, is attached to an already existing space where there is water flow. It is mostly inserted in the middle of the path of the water flow.
Why does an inline water filter work well in a refrigerator?
- When you attach an inline water filter inside a refrigerator, it forces the water flow to become clearer and cleaner than what it otherwise will be. The inline water filter makes the water flow through activated carbon that is present inside the filter. As a result, it helps in removing any traces of contaminants that may still be present.
5 inline water filters for refrigerators that you can buy online from Amazon
1. Omnipure K2533JJ Inline Water Filter with Quick-Connect
This inline filter has a ¼ inch quick connect compression fitting which makes it easier to install . Using this will help to reduce the smell and taste of chlorine from your drinking water. It can work for up to 1,500 gallons of water or for a year. You can use this in your refrigerator as well as in your ice maker or even in your R.O. systems or other water purification systems. The filter uses granulated activated carbon to remove contaminants and has been tested under NSF 42.
- Works for a year.
- Easy to install.
- Removes any odd taste from water.
- Comes with push fitting.
- No leaks.
- Rubber wash rings at ends are difficult to remove.
2. Inline Water Filter For Refrigerators, Ice Makers, Coffee Makers, Water Fountains, Water Coolers, Sink Faucets, RV, Campers, and Boats with 1/4″ Quick-Connect Fittings
This inline filter comes with quick connect fittings and is certified by the NSF . It reduces the taste and odour of chlorine from the water and removes traces of lead, toxins and mercury. It also reduces scale build-up. This will fit with most types of refrigerators as well as ice makers, coffee makers, sink faucets and more. It works as an exact replacement for the filter present in the PureWater Filters refrigerator. The filter comes with a free lifetime warranty.
- Water tastes fresh and clean.
- No problems while installing.
- No water leakage.
- Starts working after the first flushing.
- Perfect fit.
- No installation instructions provided with product.
3. Culligan IC 1 EZ-Change Inline Icemaker and Refrigerator Filtration System, Basic 3,000 Gallon Filter Included
This is an inline water filter as well as ice maker that comes with an easy to change technique . You can use a simple twist on an twist off method to connect it to your refrigerator. It will reduce various particles, contaminants, chloride as well as the smell and taste of chlorine from the water. The filter cartridge is tested under the NSF. It can work for up to 1 year or filter up to 3,000 gallons of water. The product also comes with a mounting bracket as well as the installation hardware.
- Easy to install.
- Effective technical support.
- Water smells and taste clean.
- Easy to understand instructions.
- Cartridges are easy to replace.
- Can leak once it is connected.
- Water flow not as fast as others.
4. EcoPure EPINL30 5 Year In-Line Refrigerator Filter – Universal Fit – Includes Both 1/4 inch Compression & Push To Connect Fittings – Built to Last
This is a long lasting water filter that will work for up to 5 years and can easily fit most brands of refrigerator. The filter is very easy to install and comes with a ¼ inch compression as well as push to connect fittings that will work well in plastic or copper lines. The specific design will help to remove any taste or smell of sediments as well as of chlorine.
- Very easy installation process.
- Long warranty period.
- No leakage.
- Brass fitting on both ends.
- Taste not as clean and fresh as claimed.
5. Watts Inline Water Filter 20,000 gallon Capacity- Inline Filter for refrigerator, Ice Maker, Under Sink, and Reduces Bad Taste, Odors, Chlorine and Sediment in Drinking Water
This inline water filter is perfect to be used with refrigerators, ice makers, water coolers, water fountains, commercial coffee makers or tea brewing machines and more. It uses Kinetic Degradation Fluxion treatment technology to filter the water . It comes with a 10 inch KDF inline filter as well as two ¼ inch brass connectors. This filter can be easily connected to any form of existing plumbing. It will also work well with any water supply that uses ¼ inch lines. The product is NSF tested and will work for up to 20,000 gallons or for up to 5 years. It will help to remove any traces of sediments, particulates, contaminants as well as reduce the smell and taste of chlorine from water. Using this water filter will also reduce the chances of scale build-up.
- Provides more consistent water flow.
- Very easy to install.
- Makes coffee and tea taste nice.
- Removes odd taste and smell from ice and water.
- Does not last as long as the company claims.
Is it easy to change a used up inline filter in a refrigerator?
Here are a few easy steps that will help you change a used up inline water filter in a refrigerator:
- The first thing is to carefully remove the inline filter from the bracket in case it is fitted onto one.
- Now make sure to turn off the water supply so that there is no water leakage.
- Cut off the tubes at both ends of the filter.
- Take the new filter and remove (if any) washer rings at the end of both sides of the tube.
- Now insert the tube in the opening of the filter on the side.
- Run this into a bucket so that any dirt and contaminants can flush out.
- Once done, insert the other end of the tube into the open end of the filter.
Make sure to push the plastic tube as far as it will go inside the filter, so that it fits in tightly.
Also, to make sure that you always get clean and safe drinking water, make sure to check the water once the filter reaches its expiry date in terms of how long it can be used and replace when it needs to be changed.
Last update on 2021-04-23 at 17:07 Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product. CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE, COMES FROM AMAZON. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.