Whenever your swimming pool needs a vacuuming, it’s always a great idea to work smarter and not harder. This is properly done with a high-quality and reliable pool vacuuming head. Fortunately for pool vacuum aficionados like yourself, there are plenty of companies that readily offer vacuum heads for a quick and painless pool vacuuming experience.
Below, you’ll find our top list of options for sale online. Whether you’re vacuuming a pool for the first time or you’re looking for a more efficient way to regularly clean your pool, any of these options is sure to be exactly what you’re looking for. Be sure to check out the whole list to help you stock up on all the bits and pieces necessary to get your pool cleaner than ever before.
Vacuum Heads with Brushes
Option #1. Poolmaster 18510 Triangle Vinyl Liner Vacuum
With its simple rounded triangle shape and gentle but strong bristles, the Poolmaster 18510 Triangle Vinyl Liner Vacuum is perfect for almost any swimming pool or even for your hot tub. You can use this option on vinyl pools if you’re careful, but it’s also strong enough for use with concrete pools, too. This option comes with an adapter to make it work with almost any pole, and you can use it to clean a pool that has any type of filter installed, too. This option is an excellent all-around solution, and if you’re looking for a quality budget product or you just want to get started with a brand new pool cleaning setup, this is an excellent place to begin.
- This is a very affordable and quality product that gives you a lot of bang for your buck.
- This offer is weighted to help keep it down on the bottom of the pool more easily.
- If you have several corners in your pool, this offer is perfect for getting into those tight spaces easily.
- You cannot purchase replacement heads for this option, so when this one is too dirty or damaged to keep using, you’ll have to buy a new one.
- This option doesn’t come with anything else, so you’ll still need to stock up on other supplies when you purchase it.
- After frequent uses, the weighted sand inside this offer has been known to leak out into the pool water.
The Hydro Tools 8110 Weighted Half Moon Pool Vacuum Head is an excellent product to help you get your pool season off to a great start. Although this isn’t a heavy-duty product, it’s nevertheless very strong and powerful, and it can be used time and time again without breaking, snapping, or becoming weakened by your pool chemicals or by the sunlight. Best of all, since it’s made of sturdy plastic, there’s nothing about this choice to rust, so you don’t have to worry too much about proper storage or regular maintenance. All in all, when you want a great mid-range product that won’t cost you a fortune, you can’t go wrong with this one.
- This offer has weights in it to help it stay down on the bottom of the pool during cleaning.
- The pole adapter included with this option makes it easy to snap the head onto almost any pole you might already have.
- You can purchase replacement brushes for this offer, which may help you cut costs in the future.
- Although this choice is weighted, if you have a very deep pool you still may need to put some pressure on it to keep it working properly.
- Because of the half-moon shape, you may have trouble getting this option into sharp corners in rectangular and square pools.
- The suction in this offer may not be as strong as it is with some of the other products listed here.
With the Milliard Sea Thru Triangle Weighted Pool and Spa Vacuum Head, all your pool cleaning worries will be over! This choice has a spring-loaded locking mechanism that makes it very easy to install it onto any pole you might want to use. This offer can fit a few different vacuum hose sizes without needing to be adapted or clamped at all, and the bristles on the bottom of the device are designed to gently scrape up the grime and dirt on the bottom of the pool without causing any damage, even to some types of vinyl. Since this choice is clear blue, you can look right through it to see the bottom of the pool to make your cleaning experience quick, easy, and simple.
- This option is weighted, so it stays on the bottom of your pool instead of floating up to the top.
- You can use this option with any type of filter and in just about any type of pool.
- You will get a lot of great suction out of this offer, whether it’s your first time using it or you’ve used it for months already.
- If you plan to use this filter with a vinyl pool, take care and don’t scrub it too hard, or you may tear the vinyl.
- The bristles on the bottom of this choice have been known to arrive bent and damaged during transit.
- It may be more difficult to push this option than some of the other similar products on the market today.
Vacuum Heads with Wheels
Option #4. Swimline 8150 Weighted Flex Vacuum Head
The Swimline 8150 Weighted Flex Vacuum Head is an excellent product for anyone looking to start working with a pool vacuum and hoping to get something under a specific budget. This is a very affordable product that’s sure to give you everything you need to get started. This choice can be used with several other pool vacuum products with no trouble, and it’s powerful enough to get most above ground pools cleaned while still being gentle enough for use with vinyl pools. When you’re first starting out and want a product that will stay with you for a long time to come, try this offer and see for yourself what makes it such a popular choice.
- This choice is one of the best-selling solutions on the market today.
- This is also one of the cheapest high-quality products available on the market today.
- You can use this choice with almost any other vacuum devices you have, including your poles and hoses.
- This offer doesn’t weigh very much, which means the head doesn’t stay on the bottom of the pool as easily.
- You may not get as much suction from this option as you would from some of the others listed here.
- The attachment tube has been known to weaken and warp over time, causing the head to fall off of the pole easily.
Are you looking for a great mid-range product that won’t cost you a fortune but won’t break easily, either? Do you want something you can rely on that’s built to last and stand up to rusting and damage easily? Would you like something you can operate easily without a lot of trouble? If so, the Milliard 14” Flexible Spa and Pool Vacuum Head is a great option for you. This excellent product is made of strong, sturdy plastic that won’t rust, even with frequent use, but has been designed to stand up to frequent exposure to pool treatment chemicals as well.
- Even if you have a vinyl pop-up pool, you can use this offer with it easily without worry because of the position of its wheels.
- This choice is designed to be used interchangeably with almost any hoses and poles you might choose.
- The wheels slide well across the bottom of the pool and don’t tend to get stuck or blocked easily.
- The metal screws that are used to put this choice together may develop rust if you don’t take care to dry them off after use.
- Although it’s lightweight enough to be easy to use, it may be difficult to actually push it around due to its tendency to float up in the water.
- In some rare instances, this option has arrived damaged during transit.
Sometimes, you need an incredibly durable product with a hefty design that’s going to hold up to plenty of wear and tear. When you’re looking for a wheeled product that fits this description, look no further than the PoolSupplyTown Heavy Duty Professional Grade Flexible Weighted Pool Vacuum Head. This is a professional level vacuum head that is used by paid pool cleaning companies across the country. When you clean your pool with this offer, you’ll know you’re using something that many professionals put their faith in time and time again, and you can rest assured that your pool will be spotless when you’re done.
- This option is chrome plated and designed to withstand rust, as long as you allow the product to dry fully before storage.
- Even if your swimming pool has a strange shape, this very flexible head will twist and turn with the contours of the surface perfectly.
- You can use this choice with just about any pole or hose easily.
- This is one of the more expensive products available, so you may not be able to fit it into your vacuuming budget easily.
- It may be very difficult to use this option on a vinyl pool since the vacuum head can more or less suck up the vinyl.
- Without proper storage and maintenance, pool treatment chemicals may eventually weaken and damage this offer.
5 Tips for Choosing the Right Vacuum Attachment
- Choose a vacuum head that is designed to fit your pool size and shape.
- Look for a vacuum head with wheels or rollers to make it easier to maneuver around the pool.
- Consider purchasing a vacuum head with adjustable settings so you can customize the cleaning power.
- Make sure the vacuum head has an ergonomic handle for comfortable use.
- Look for a vacuum head that is made of durable materials that will last through many uses.
ALSO: Consider buying a vacuum head with interchangeable brushes, so you can switch out different types of brushes depending on your needs!
Additional Helpful Info For Readers
These useful items are a crucial component of maintaining the cleanliness and well-being of your pool. They aid in clearing the water of dirt, debris, and other impurities so that swimming in your pool is safe and pleasurable. You can easily and quickly maintain a spotless pool with the correct vacuum head. There are various things to take into consideration when selecting a vacuum head for your pool. To ensure that it can reach every part of the pool, you must first ensure that it fits securely on your pole or hose. Additionally, you should consider the head's suction power because stronger vacuums can more successfully pick up larger particles than weaker ones. Some models also include extra components like brushes or filters that can help keep your water even cleaner. Finally, think about how simple it is to use and maintain; some types only need occasional cleaning, while others require little upkeep. You can pick a fantastic vacuum head that will keep your pool looking its best if you keep these factors in mind!
Good Usage Ideas: What Can You Use Them For?
There are three main applications for these vacuum heads: They are excellent for cleaning the pool's bottom, to start. The head is made to pick up dirt and debris off the pool bottom, making it simpler to maintain a clean, germ-free pool. Second, you can use them to scrub away tough stains from your pool's steps or wall surfaces. To do this, a brush attachment that is attached to the vacuum head is used. Finally, you may use these vacuum heads to clear your pool's surface of leaves and other debris. To do this, a skimmer basket is fastened to the head. This will catch any floating trash before it hits the bottom. These vacuum heads serve a variety of functions, making them a crucial piece of equipment for maintaining a swimming pool that is both clean and safe.
The Cons: What To Know
There are a few disadvantages to take into account despite the many advantages of these products. They can be challenging to maneuver in tight areas and around corners, first and foremost. For manual vacuum heads that you have to push about the pool, this is especially true. These models' suction power can also be restricted, which makes it challenging to remove tenacious debris from the pool's bottom. Additionally, they can harm fragile surfaces like tile or vinyl liners if not handled properly. It's crucial to spend money on a high-quality vacuum head with changeable suction power settings that is tailored for the type of pool you have in order to address these drawbacks. Additionally, search for versions with swivel heads that make it simpler to maneuver around corners and small spaces without scratching the surface of your pool. Last but not least, spend some time learning how to use your vacuum head properly to avoid damaging your pool unnecessarily.
What Specifications Should Be Used To Evaluate Them?
Suction power, durability, usability, and cost are the three most crucial quantitative metrics to consider while assessing these products. The amount of trash that a suction device can remove from the pool's walls and floor is used to gauge its suction power. The materials used to build the head and how well it holds up over time are used to evaluate durability. How simple it is to attach to a pole and move about the pool determines how simple it is to use. The cost of the product in comparison to other similar ones on the market is used to evaluate price. The ideal pool vacuum head for your needs should take into account all of these variables.
Using It First Hand: What To Expect
These dependable items are a crucial tool for maintaining a debris-free and clean pool. It's crucial to pick the appropriate one for your pool because they come in a number of sizes and shapes. A decent vacuum head should have an expansive base that can cover the entire pool's bottom and flexible brushes that can fit into tight spaces. Additionally, it should be lightweight enough to be carried about the pool without tiring your arms or back. Additionally, search for a vacuum head with wheels or rollers so you can maneuver it around the pool more easily without lifting it every time. Finally, choose one with a long handle so you can vacuum without bending over too much. Finding the ideal vacuum head for your requirements will be easy if you keep these features in mind!
The general procedures for employing these vacuum heads are as follows: First, check to see that the suction head is firmly fastened to the filtration system in your pool. The vacuum head's settings should then be modified to fit the dimensions and form of your pool. Third, plunge the vacuum head into the water and begin suctioning by scrubbing it across the pool's bottom in a back-and-forth motion. Fourth, confirm on a regular basis that all debris has been taken out of the pool. Fifth, whenever necessary, remove any material that has accumulated in the filter bag or canister. Finally, to avoid clogging and guarantee peak performance, rinse the vacuum head after each use. You may easily achieve a clean and clear pool by following these instructions!
Last update on 2024-02-23 at 20:14 Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product. CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE, COMES FROM AMAZON. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.
We constantly make an effort to implement our editorial practices and policies through out our site. This entails researching all of our articles exhaustively and always doing our best to offer the most reliable details possible for our audience. Please check out our About Us Page for more info.
About The Author
Joseph Bartley, also known as the WaterFilterFanatic, is a seasoned content writer who specializes in water filtration and water quality topics. On AllAboutWaterFilters, he has written a range of water filtration system reviews, water health and quality articles, swimming pool, hot tub and aquarium filtration guides, DIY methods to assist people clean their drinking water, and much more. Joseph enjoys spending his time working with the #AllAboutWaterFilters Editorial Team to provide some of the best quality water filtration content available on the web.