Do you suffer from serious acne that you can’t seem to get rid of?
Have you tried all kinds of medications and home remedies that aren’t making a difference?
Is cold water good for acne?
Should you give that a try?
You might be surprised at the results if you try washing your face and back in cold water to get rid of your acne. In this article, we’ll give you a quick rundown of information to help you better understand the relationship between cold water and acne.
You’ll learn whether or not this solution works for other people, and you’ll be able to determine if you think it might work for you, too. By the time you finish reading, you may just want to go take a cool shower to help clear up your acne right away!
Read on to learn more.
Cold Water and Acne
Understanding how cold water can affect your acne is the most important first step to take toward improving your acne situation overall. Educate yourself and learn everything you can about this treatment option before you give it a try, and remember to speak to your doctor about it if you have any further concerns or questions. You should also talk to your doctor before trying cold water for acne if you have any preexisting health concerns that might cause you to become sick when taking cold showers. Here are some facts about the relationship between cold water and acne:
1. Hot showers open your pores... and make them more prone to gathering contaminants.
2. Cold showers help reduce inflammation in the skin.
3. Sebum is easier to wash off the skin with cold water.
4. Hot water makes sebum production increase.
5. Cold water is better for moisturizing than hot, which dries your skin out.
6. Cold water tightens your pores up.
7. Cold showers can be energizing for your day, which can help you be in a better mood and reduce stress-induced acne.
As you can see, there are a lot of reasons why you might want to give cold water a try to help you treat your acne. This is a solution that works well for many people and it may just make the difference you’re looking for in your own acne, too.
Here are a few benefits of using cold water for acne:
And here are a few downsides to keep in mind:
Keep all this in mind and you’ll be well on your way to a great experience treating your acne with cold water in no time!