The debate between salt water and chlorine hot tubs goes on but the truth is that a high-quality salt water tub is a great solution for hot tub maintenance. Can any hot tub use salt water? Well these salt water hot tubs come with a salt water tub system that won’t let you down. We’ve picked the best and most efficient salt water tub options available today. See them below!
Saltwater treatment systems for hot tubs operate without the need for chlorine or other types of chemicals. They mount to the side of the hot tub and function by turning the sodium in your saltwater into chlorine as needed to cleanse the water.
Here are a few reasons why you might prefer this type of system:
- If you have sensitive skin, you’ll feel better using a hot tub with no chlorine in it.
- If you’re concerned about storing chemicals, you won’t have to do this anymore.
- It’s easier to set up and maintain this type of treatment system.
Of course, there are a lot of other reasons to give one of these treatment options a try. So let’s go shopping!
***TRIANGLE & HAMMER-HEAD POOL VAC HEADS: Best Pool Vacuum Head.
Our Choice Recommendation: ControlOMatic ChlorMaker Saltwater Chlorine Generation System
***SWIMMING FILTRATION: Clean your swimming pool with a suitable inground pool pump and filter combo. Our in-ground filtration can quickly f... Inground Pool Pump And Filter Combo.
Keep your hot tub clean and clear with the ControlOmatic ChlorMaker Saltwater Chlorine Generation System . This little system is designed to work with hot tubs of up to 1000 gallons of capacity, so it’s great for smaller backyard hot tubs that need a little extra help keeping clean. Set it up in just a few short minutes and you can enjoy comfortably, without concern in a couple of days at most. This system is capable of lasting for about a year before it needs maintenance or upkeep.
- This choice is one of the more affordable saltwater systems available for hot tubs on the market today.
- This offer is capable of providing enough filtration and cleansing to handle just about any small backyard hot tub, regardless of how dirty it might be.
- You don’t have to worry about flushing and refilling your hot tub every time you perform maintenance on this offer or replace the salt cell.
- This is a smaller offer that is not capable of taking care of a larger hot tub or a swimming pool, even though it claims to be able to do this.
- If you keep this offer out in the rain without covering it, it may become damaged and may no longer do its job correctly.
- Many customers have reported this choice shutting down at seemingly random intervals for no obvious reason, even though it otherwise seems to working properly and isn’t damaged.
This mid-range ControlOMatic SmarterSpa Smart Chlorine Generation System is ready and waiting for you to discover just how well it can help you keep your hot tub clean! This choice is a high-quality saltwater filtration system that can process up to 30 grams of chlorine per day. Set it to one of ten power settings and you’ll enjoy a clean tub without having to worry about whether or not you’ve got complicated chemical levels and pH balances correct. This option is easy to maintain without requiring a lot of difficult cleaning or rebooting when the time comes to change the salt cell.
***COST-EFFICIENT FILTRATION DESIGN: Commercial Pool Filters.
- This is a solid saltwater system to start with when you’re looking for something as a beginner to the world of saltwater hot tub treatments.
- This offer is a perfect size for just about any backyard hot tub regardless of its capacity, and it works great no matter how dirty the hot tub might be already.
- You avoid any harsh chemicals by using this great offer.
- This choice is not large enough to process a large swimming pool in most situations.
- This option cannot be left outdoors in very cold weather, so you’ll need to plan for weatherization by removing it and bringing it inside during the winter months.
- This saltwater system can be pricey to keep up with when it comes time to replace the salt cell.
The largest of the ControlOMatic line is the ControlOMatic MegaChlor CD Saltwater Smart Chlorine Generation System . This offer generates up to 100 grams of chlorine a day and can process up to 17,000 gallons, making it an excellent choice for hot tubs and swimming pools alike. This option can keep itself clean so you never have to worry about mineral buildup or about needing to descale or clean the product, and when the time comes to replace the salt cell about once per year, it’s a very quick and easy fix that only takes a few minutes to complete.
- This choice only takes a couple of days to clean and get it ready for use.
- Many customers enjoy the feeling of the saltwater treated by this system.
- It only takes a few minutes to perform maintenance on this system.
- Some customers have reported this option’s LED lights going out sooner than the rest of the product, making it hard to know what setting it’s on.
- Some customers have reported this saltwater system getting stuck on the highest setting and always generating far too much chlorine to be safe.
- Many customers have reported having trouble getting this system set up and running in the first place, although it’s fairly easy to maintain in the long run.
There are a lot of great products to pick from when you’re looking for a saltwater treatment system for your hot tub. But what if this isn’t the right type of system for your spa at all?
***GET YOUR SAFETY VALVE: Find auto air relief filtration valves for pools in our automatic air relief safety valve list. Automatic Air Relief Valve Pool Filter.
Here are some pros of using a choice like these above:
- You don’t have to use chemicals that can be harmful to you, your kids, or anyone else in your family.
- It’s cheaper to buy salt than it is to buy chlorine.
- This type of system doesn’t require a lot of maintenance over the years.
And here are some cons of using this type instead of a different cleansing option:
- Some hot tubs just won’t get clean enough with one of these systems.
- These systems can be tricky for the first time if you’ve never used one before.
- Saltwater systems cost more at the beginning to set up than chlorine or other systems do.
Despite the few downsides of a saltwater treatment system, they are a great way to get your hot tub clean without chemicals. Pick your favorite from the list above and see for yourself how great they can be!
Last update on 2022-08-12 at 08:17 Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product. CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE, COMES FROM AMAZON. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.