- ✔ HYDRO AERATION TECHNOLOGY BY INTEX -– Transforming the Above Ground Pool industry, by bringing revolutionary...
- ✔ EASY INSTALLATION -– Just hook up hoses and plug in! This pump is a must have for any INTEX above ground pool...
- ✔ EASY-TO-CLEAN CARTRIDGE -– The C2500 Krystal Clear Cartridge uses Type B filter cartridges (Item #29005E)...
Shop Related Products
You Might Also Like
See Our Review Selection:
- Blue Wave
- Intex 16in Krystal
- Hayward S166T92S
- Intex Krystal Clear
- Hayward C225
- Waterway BS5205160-6S
- Hayward EC50AC
- Hayward EC50C92S
Small Swimming Pool Filters Galore
Filters come in three different types. These are Sand filters, Diatomaceous Earth (DE) and Cartridge filters. Regardless of the filter you ultimately choose, the combination of a small pool with filter and pump is most essential to keeping your pool’s system healthy.
Much like the valves of the human heart, the small pool filter pump is the thing that gets the water to where it needs to be. It’s the “heart” of the pool as it were! Let’s look at the different systems on the market. Here are some great options available, complete with our reviews so you can take your pick.
Sand Filter Offers
Option #1. Blue Wave 12in Above Ground Sand System with 1/2HP
|Blue Wave 12-Inch Sand Filter System with 1/2 HP Pump for Above...|
This option is one of the smaller types of systems . This offer is less expensive than the average large size sand filter would be. By all reports it does just as much of what people expect out of a sand system. This choice is an above ground only system..
- This option is corrosive proof and winter perfect.
- This offer is a complete system that includes everything you need to set up and run your system.
- Comes with it’s own hose fittings. Made of durable polyethylene. Complete system that includes: base, pump, tank, 4-position multi-port valve, clamps, fittings and pressure gauge.
- Runs very quietly and is energy efficient.
- Holes may be large enough that they allow some debris in.
- This offer may get clogged sooner than other systems of a similar type.
- The provided hoses aren’t as snug and may have to be replaced.
- Will only work with a 115volt pump.
Option #2. Intex 16in Krystal Clear Sand System for Above Ground Pools
|Intex Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump for Above Ground Pools,...||6,342 Reviews|
This choice is a competitively priced system that packs a punch. This option will keep your water clean and free of growth such as algae, not to mention dirt and particulates. On average it needs to be run about six hours a day. This offer has a gauge that is colour coded making it easy to read. There is also has a built-in strainer basket for filter tabs. It’s fine enough that it keeps leaves and large debris from clogging the system. It’s recommended that the system be installed outside of a housing unit to prevent the restriction of airflow. You can however install a shield over it to guard from the sun’s rays. Minimum pool capacity is 5,500 gallons Maximum pool capacity is 19,600 gallons
- Has a system flow rate of 2,400 gallons per hours.
- There’s a menu control valve that lets you filter, backwash, rinse, recirculate, drain and close the system.
- Includes a safety shut off and an automatic 24hr timer so you don’t need to be there to perform all tasks.
- Works with both saltwater and chlorine pools.
- Built-in ground fault circuit breaker.
- Includes two connector hoses.
- You’ll need to get very specific sand media that is only sold through manufacturer.
- Laterals are two wide and can cause sand to shoot into the pool at times.
- Pump may not be able to keep pressure over time and will have to be replaced.
Option #3. Hayward S166T92S Pro Series 16-In Top-Mount Sand System
|Hayward S166T92S ProSeries 16-Inch 1 HP Sand Filter System|
Although on the pricier side, this top mount series features a complete system of full flow power pump, filter and a base . The tank is a perfect all weather tank with a multi-port valve. The energy costs associated with running this product are reduced because you can operate it less frequently. Suitable for all weather conditions, the large sand and water drain so that you can quickly winterizing or service. The valve provides max flow with low pressure drop and seven positions. Included clamp allows for 360-degree rotation which makes installation a breeze.
- Outfitted with a self-cleaning underdrain a top diffuser and 360 degree slots for even water distribution through the sand, for clean water and a balanced flow.
- Multi-port valve has positions for filter, closed, backwash, recirculation, rinse, waste and winter as well as pressure gauge with sight glass.
- Compatible with in-ground, above-ground pools and aquariums.
- Injection molded and corrosion proof.
- Clamp allows for 360-degree rotation making installation a breeze.
- Only 120V with no adaptaion for 240V.
- Fittings are loose and may cause leakage
- 16in model may not be powerful enough for pools over 10,000 gallon capacity
- This product is very loud and at an odd angle which may cause backwash to get into the pool
Option #5. Intex Krystal Clear Cartridge for Above Ground Pools
|INTEX C1500 Krystal Clear Cartridge Filter Pump for Above Ground...|
This choice is a good inexpensive system with a lot of good reviews . This option has a flow rate of 1,900 gallons per hour which is makes getting a 20,000 gallon pool completely filtered in about ten hours. It’s also possible to vacuum the bottom just using the auxiliary port while filtering the pool at the same time. However If you plan on using this product for the smaller Intex pools with the smaller diameter hoses, you’ll need to buy a hose conversion adapter kit for 1500 gph and 2500 gph pumps. Those are relatively easy to find at e-tailers.
- Double insulated.
- Has a sediment flush valve in the chamber
- Works with 18-feet Easy Set, 18-feet Metal Frame, or 18-feet by 10-feet Oval Frame pools
- The suction quality is strong enough to pick up even the smallest bits of gravel.
- Air release valve to free trapped air from chamber.
- Built in timer so that you can set operation times.
- Cartridge needs to be replaced every two weeks.
- Does not come with plungers or adapters.
- Housing is weak and prone to cracks and breaking.
- Pressure starts to fall after about two hours of running.
- Only suitable for above ground pools.
Option #6. Hayward C225 25sq ft Micro Star Clear Pool System
|Hayward C225 StarClear Micro Cartridge Pool Filter, 25 Square...|
This cartridge is what’s known as a full flow element system, it’s specially developed for above ground pools. This option is also injection molded, so it’s one piece and in that sense eliminates the worry that bits could break off. In addition being a one piece unit, this option is also created to be installed on any part of the pool via a snap-on tightening knob with no bolts or clamps.
- Head can be rotated to reposition pressure gauge and manual air valve.
- Is designed for pool capacities up to 15,000 gallons.
- Strong filtration elements catch dirt and debris easily
- Designed for maximum water and energy efficiency.
- This choice can be used for both in and above ground systems.
- Is a stand-alone system, a pump must be purchased separately.
- A 1.5hp pump will be too strong for this offer.
- Tends to be leaky and can sometimes clog quickly.
- Spin-on system that will take two people to remove.
Option #7. Waterway BS5205160-6S Blue Star Clearwater II Cartridge System
|Waterway BS5205160-6S Blue Star Clearwater II Cartridge Filter...|
This complete Blue Star system is packs a punch. You won’t need to search for additional components as everything that you’ll need is included in the package. The pump that it comes with is a powerful 1.5hp pump, and the system even includes a leaf strainer and six foot three pronged grounded cord.
- Great for both above ground and in ground pools.
- Complete system.
- Includes all hoses, adapters, converters and connectors.
- The motor of this choice is very loud, so it’s best to run in when you’re either away from home or doing something that doesn’t require quiet and tranquility.
- There have been some complaints that it doesn’t develop enough pressure for adequate output.
- 1.5hp may not be strong enough and may have to be replaced. Has the potential to throw off the balance of your pool.
Option #8. Hayward EC50AC Perflex Extended-Cycle D.E. System
|Hayward EC50AC Perflex D.E. Pool Filter,||1,542 Reviews|
This DE system is a pretty versatile fellow what with being able to be used in both in and above ground filters and having a capacity of 30,000 gallons. Because this option is for DE, you’ll get the most comprehensive cleaning experience, as it will clean even things that you aren’t seeing.
- Should only be used with oval pools 28-33ft and round pools 18-39ft
- Can be used with both in ground and above ground pools.
- Bump handle causes the flex-tubes to clean themselves of dirt and powder.
- Backflow is prevented by integral check valve when pump is off.
- Injection molded one piece corrosion free filter.
- A pump is unfortunately not included with this system, you will need at least a 1.5hp.
- Plastic this offer is made from is somewhat fragile and prone to breakage.
- There are also no instructions in the package so you’ll need to search for installation and maintenance instructions.
Option #9. Hayward EC50C92S Perflex Extended-Cycle 1-Horsepower D.E. System
|Hayward EC50C92S Perflex 1 HP D.E. Filter Pump System|
A powerful and complete system, this DE system is designed to be used with in ground pools, but also includes a 1.5hp power-flo matrix pump intended for above ground pools. This offer also includes two six foot hoses, hose adapters and clamps as well as the instructions needed for easy, worry free installation. The capacity is 3,000 gallons per hour.
- Simple installation, corrosion free, injection molded and easily winterized.
- Has function for chlorine feeder on included platform base.
- Includes two pumps for use with above and in-ground pools.
- Timer feature available on this choice.
- Designed to withstand continuous use.
- Newer model a secondary skimmer basket for catching more debris.
- This offer does have some issues with leaking, so you may need to find a way to secure couplings to prevent that.
- The suction has also been known to lose it’s abilities rather quickly and may need to be replaced often.
- Pumping this option is the only way to assure backwashing so you’ll have to keep up with that manually to ensure that your chemicals are circulating properly.
- This choice may need to purchase new suction pump and hosing frequently.
Compare To Similar Products
5 Tips for Choosing the Right Small Filter For Pool
- Choose a filter that is designed to fit your pool size and type. This will ensure that it can handle the amount of water in your pool.
- Look for a filter with an adjustable flow rate. This will allow you to adjust the speed of the filtration process, depending on how much debris needs to be removed from the water.
- Make sure that the filter has a large capacity so that it can handle larger amounts of debris without clogging up quickly.
- Check to see if the filter has any additional features such as UV protection or chemical-free filtration. These features can help keep your pool clean and safe.
- Consider investing in a high-quality filter that is designed to last for many years. This will save you money in the long run by avoiding costly repairs or replacements.
ALSO: Consider using a pre-filter before your purifier to reduce maintenance costs and extend its life!
Helpful Information For Readers
These practical items are crucial for maintaining the cleanliness and well-being of your pool. They assist in purifying the water to make it safe for swimming by removing dirt, debris, and other impurities. It's crucial to select one that meets your demands because these practical devices come in a range of shapes and sizes. The most popular and simple to maintain tiny filter is the cartridge filter. They require periodic cleaning or the filter cartridge replacement every several months. Smaller pools frequently utilize sand filters since they require less maintenance than cartridge filters do. They may, however, cost more up front than cartridge filters. Diatomaceous earth (DE) filters provide better filtering but need to be backwashed more frequently than sand or cartridge types. Having a small pool filter of any kind will help keep your pool pristine and welcoming all season long!
Ideas for Effective Use: What Can They Be Used For?
There are three main uses for these filters: first, they are a reliable way to keep your pool clear of trash. In order to maintain a safe swimming environment, the filter functions by collecting dirt and other particles while allowing water to flow through it from top to bottom. In addition, these filters offer biological filtration, which is crucial for eliminating dangerous chemicals that build up over time. This might happen as a result of swimmer feces or aquatic vegetation. Finally, because of their design, which enables you to bury them beneath the surface, they can also aid in giving your pool a more natural appearance. Comparing internal models, like sand or cartridge filters, to external models, this is done without sacrificing performance levels. These features elevate these useful products to the top of the list among pool owners searching for trustworthy filtration options.
The Drawbacks: What To Know
There are a few disadvantages to take into account despite the many advantages of these useful products. They can be challenging to keep and clean, to start. Due to their reduced surface area, smaller filters need to be cleaned more frequently than bigger ones, which can be labor- and time-intensive. Additionally, these filters might not be able to manage significant amounts of grit or particles in the water, which would cause blockage and reduced effectiveness. It's critical to spend money on high-quality filter media that will last longer and require less upkeep in order to overcome these drawbacks. A pre-filter placed before the main filter can also assist in lowering the quantity of debris entering the system and preventing blockage. Last but not least, purchasing an automated pool filter cleaning system will help you save time and effort while maintaining a clean pool all year long.
What Criteria Should Be Applied When Assessing Them?
The most crucial quantitative measurements to consider while assessing these useful products are their cost, energy efficiency, and filtration rate. The filtration rate, which is expressed in gallons per minute (gpm), describes how rapidly a pool may be cleaned by a filter. The ratio of the power required to run the filter to its output is used to calculate energy efficiency. Cost is calculated by evaluating the filter's price in relation to its capabilities. When deciding which small pool filter is most suitable for a specific circumstance, all three of these parameters should be taken into consideration.
Using It First Hand: What To Expect
These useful items are crucial to maintaining a clean and safe swimming pool. They assist in purifying the water to make it safe for swimming by removing dirt, debris, and other impurities. Your pool's size and desired level of upkeep will determine the type of filter you select. While bigger pools may need a multi-media filter or a diatomaceous earth (DE) filter, smaller pools may only need a cartridge filter or a sand filter. Because they just need to be cleaned occasionally with a garden hose or power washer, cartridge filters require little maintenance. Every few weeks, sand filters need to be backwashed in order to maintain their functionality. Although de-sand filters are more effective than sand filters, they need to be cleaned and replaced with de-powder more frequently. Multi-media filters provide greater filtration, but because of their complexity, they can be expensive and challenging to maintain. Regular maintenance is essential to keeping your pool clean and suitable for swimming, regardless of the kind of tiny pool filter you use.
The general procedures for employing these filters are as follows: Make sure your filter is the appropriate size for your pool first. Next, connect your pump to the piping system of the pool and attach the filter to it. Third, activate the pump and make sure water is adequately passing through the filter. Fourth, make any adjustments to the pressure gauge on top of the filter to make sure it is operating at optimum levels. Fifth, regularly clear the filter basket of any dirt or debris. Finally, to maintain your filter functioning properly, backwash or rinse it out every few weeks. By following these instructions, you can make the most of your little pool filter and maintain a clean, healthy pool all season long.
Last update on 2023-09-30 at 13:31 Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product. CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE, COMES FROM AMAZON. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.