Do you need a water filter recommended for your Whirlpool® refrigerator? See our top picks right here!
Our Top Recommendation
- EveryDrop Filter 4 is the only filter certified by Whirlpool Corporation to work with your Whirlpool, Maytag,...
- NSF certified to reduce the most contaminants. Reduces 23 contaminants, including pharmaceuticals, waterborne...
- Replaces model numbers UKF8001 & 4396395. Note-do not use a piercing type or 0.19 inch saddle valve, which reduces...
If you’re looking for a filter from Whirlpool but need more options, you’re in the RIGHT place. Finding a Whirlpool filter is easy… if you know where to look! Have you heard of the Everydrop® water filter recommended for your Whirlpool? It may possibly be the only filter approved for your Whirlpool® refrigerator that will outperform other filters. But your water filter branded Whirlpool or Everydroptm is not the only option that fits my Whirlpool Gold refrigerator. So if you need to replace the filter in your Whirlpool this filter list may do you good! Is your water filter branded Whirlpool or Everydroptm? Maybe it doesn’t have to be… Read on for more!
Do you have a Whirlpool Gold refrigerator? Are you looking for a suitable water filter replacement? Do you want to compare a few types before you actually buy one?
The water filter in your Whirlpool refrigerator can make a difference to the quality of water that you get. But what if it is time to replace the same? Do you know which one to go for? Do you know if you really need to change it?
In this article today, we are talking about the way water filters in these refrigerators work and whether they really make the water clean. We are also sharing detailed reviews of some of the best water filters that can work with this particular refrigerator, along with their price range and features. Also, if you don’t know the model number of your refrigerator, do read our tip on how you can find out if these filters will still work for you.
7 of the Best Water Filters for Whirlpool Gold Refrigerators
1. Waterdrop UKF8001 Refrigerator Water Filter, Compatible with Maytag UKF8001, UKF8001AXX, UKF8001P, Whirlpool 4396395, 469006, EveryDrop Filter 4, Puriclean II
This water filter is NSF 42 and NSF 372 certified and will work for up to 300 gallons of water or 6 months service, whichever works first. It helps to reduce the taste and smell of chlorine so that you get pure and fresh tasting water. The materials used are lead-free and the leak-proof technology will prevent any spills or wastage. It is compatible with Whirlpool WF50, OWF50, WF51, OWF51, OWF50-NI300, WF50-KNI300, WF50-NI500, OWF50-WI500.
- Works as well as the original filter.
- Water tastes good.
- Fits easily in the compartment.
- Replacing is easy.
- Can leak after a few uses.
2. Mist UKF8001 Replacement For Whirlpool Maytag, 4396395, EDR4RXD1, Pur Filter 4, Kenmore 46-9005, Refrigerator Water Filter
This activated carbon filter helps to reduce the chlorine taste and smell to give you pure and fresh tasting water . It will filter out the contaminants for up to 6 months or for up to 300 gallons of water, whichever comes first. The filter has been tested and certified by the NSF 42. It is easily compatible with the refrigerator filter slot. It is compatible with Whirlpool EDR4RXD1, OWF51, WF50-NI500, WF50-WI500, 67003523, WF50-KWI500, WF50-NI300, WF50-KNI300, OWF50-WI500, OWF50-NI300, GI6FDRXXY07.
- Water tastes great.
- Easily lasts for months even with heavy use.
- Fits in easily into the slot.
- Does not leak at all.
- Water flow not very good.
3. EcoBlueLife Replacement Water Filter, Compatible with Maytag UKF8001, EDR4RXD1, 4396395, Pur Filter 4, Kenmore 46-9005
This water filter will work for up to 300 gallons of water or 6 months , whatever comes first. It is certified by the NSF to give you clean and fresh water with every filtered drop.
- Filter is a perfect fit.
- Very easy to install and start working.
- Quality of water very good.
- Strong water pressure.
- No smell or residual taste in water.
- Filter runs out faster than other brands.
4. ICEPURE UKF8001 Replacement Refrigerator Water Filter, Compatible with Maytag UKF8001, UKF8001AXX, UKF8001P, Whirlpool 4396395, 469006, EDR4RXD1, EveryDrop Filter 4, Puriclean II, RWF0900A 2PACK
This water filter has been certified by both the NSF and the WQA and helps to remove the smell and taste of chlorine from the water that you drink. The activated carbon is made with high grade coconut shell that removes traces of dirt, odour, sediments, rust and any other particles from the water. It needs no tools for installation and is leak-proof. The filter will work for up to 6 months or 300 gallons of water, whatever comes first. It is compatible with Whirlpool OWF51, WF50-NI500, WF50-WI500, GI6FDRXXY07, Filter 4, EDR4RXD1.
- Flow is not restricted.
- Uses less water while priming initially.
- Water tastes clear and clean.
- Does not leak.
- Not a perfect match.
5. FilterLogic UKF8001 Refrigerator Water Filter, Replacement for Maytag UKF8001P, PUR, Jenn-Air, Filter 4, 4396395, UKF8001AXX, UKF8001AXX-200, UKF8001AXX-750, 469006 (Pack of 3)
This water filter is certified to NSF 42 and 372 . It reduces the taste and smell of chlorine while the lead-free material ensures there is no toxic flow in your water. It also retains the essential minerals in the water and works for up to 6 months or for 300 gallons of water, whatever comes first. The filter is designed to work like the original filter without any leaks. It is compatible with Whirlpool OWF51, WF50-NI500, WF50-WI500, 67003523, WF50-KWI500, WF50-NI300, WF50-KNI300, OWF50-WI500, OWF50-NI300, GI6FDRXXY07.
- Great water flow.
- No smell or odour.
- Fresh tasting water.
- Installs and seals perfectly.
- Fills quickly.
- Creates a strange noise.
6. EcoAqua EFF-6007A Replacement Filter, Compatible with Maytag UKF8001, EDR4RXD1, Whirlpool 4396395, Puriclean II, Kenmore 46-9006, Everydrop Filter 4, Viking RWFFR Refrigerator Water Filter, 3 Pack
This water filter will remove the taste and smell of chlorine and give you fresh tasting and clean water . It uses advanced carbon block technology and is quick and easy to install. It is compatible with Whirlpool 4396395.
- Fits perfectly.
- Great water flow.
- Easy installation.
- Very helpful customer service.
- Not the best filtration.
7. EveryDrop by Whirlpool Refrigerator Water Filter 4 (Pack of 1)
This is the certified water filter as recommended by Whirlpool Corporation . It is NSF certified and will remove contaminants such as parasites, lead, pharmaceuticals, pesticides and mercury. It is to be used in bottom freezer and side by side refrigerators that accept Filter 4. This is a good replacement for model numbers UKF8001 and 4396395.
- Water tastes great.
- Perfect fit.
- Removes more contaminants.
- Water flow is slow.
What contaminants can water filters in Whirlpool Gold refrigerators remove?
The water filter that comes fitted with every Whirlpool Gold refrigerator is from the brand EveryDrop.
- These filters claim to remove various contaminants in the water such as lead, pesticides as well as traces of pharmaceutical waste.
- These water filters are also NSF certified which gives you access to clean and fresh drinking water.
Does it really help to have and maintain one at home?
- One of the reasons for using a proper water filter with your Whirlpool Gold refrigerator is that you can get access to clean water without installing a separate water filter.
- These filters can easily be mounted on your refrigerator door, which helps every member in the family drink pure and fresh water.
How to check if a certain filter will fit your Whirlpool gold fridge
Even if you do not know the refrigerator model number, here is an easy way to still find out which water filter will work best for your fridge.
- First, remove the water filter that is already mounted on the fridge.
- The moment you do so, the water supply will shut off on its own.
- Next, see the part number that is printed on the filter.
- Go to this link and type the number in the search box to see whether it will fit your refrigerator or not.
To be sure you get absolutely clean water from your filter, try filtering a few cups of water and seeing the results before you drink it.
Last update on 2021-04-23 at 16:36 Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product. CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE, COMES FROM AMAZON. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.